Deleted thread?

All about our First Team

Re: Deleted thread?

Postby Too occasional fan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:55 pm

tommyd wrote:
Too occasional fan wrote:Advertisers, Sponsors and others also pay wages.

And the better they are the more they will earn, they don't need to tell them their opinion when money does their talking. When FGR let me pay what I think a game was worth you may have a valid point.

You can choose whether to pay what a game was worth by not going next time. Shortwood are cheaper.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:58 pm

Supporting a football team is very different to shopping at a certain supermarket fir example!!!

You cannot just drop the club you love and start supporting another one at the drop of a hat!!

Well you might, but proper supporters don't!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby tommyd » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:19 am

Too occasional fan wrote:
tommyd wrote:

And the better they are the more they will earn, they don't need to tell them their opinion when money does their talking. When FGR let me pay what I think a game was worth you may have a valid point.

You can choose whether to pay what a game was worth by not going next time. Shortwood are cheaper.

I couldn't drop my team like that, there is an emotional attachment unlike sponsors which just further proves your original point was invalid.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:29 am

tommyd wrote:
tommyd wrote:

I couldn't drop my team like that, there is an emotional attachment unlike sponsors which just further proves your original point was invalid.

My point is that you do not (exclusively) pay the wages. You are part of the mix. The emotional attachment is yours, you choose it.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:37 am

Deleted threads eh? Forums? Free speech ? It’s a minefield.. CC has had some unwarranted abuse, this is blatantly obvious, he’s a lad with potential whose only real crimes are, being the managers son and playing by his dads rules, if he wasn’t the managers son he would not be continually asked to play when confidence is low and his confidence wouldn’t be low if he were allowed to play with a bit more freedom, don’t forget he’s been brainwashed from birth about the MC style of football. Bet he’s desperate to play a forward ball, now, the forum. The forum is a place where people debate their views with the knowledge that if people disagree then they can reply in a measured, constructive manner, if people are worried that people are getting personal abuse and reading it, then that person could join the forum and take issue themselves, not leave it to unelected referees to make that decision, that would be a undemocratic dictatorship, wouldn’t it? Free speech is one of the wonders of our world and moderators should only edit posts with words that make a South stander blush, and try replacing them with humorous reserve words, like “duck” or “Jeremy”, that would make the forum less hostile, proper fans could have their say, players, if they wish, who felt hard done by , could respond and referees / moderators would still feel important. Easy!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:37 am

tommyd wrote:
tommyd wrote:

My point is that you do not (exclusively) pay the wages. You are part of the mix. The emotional attachment is yours, you choose it.

It chooses you!!!

You wouldn't understand.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Too occasional fan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:46 am

In which case there’s no point trying to tell it how to play. Just lie back and think of England.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:01 am

okay, I've got a workman coming round to lay new flooring in my house later and I'm sure he gets paid from other jobs and I won't be exclusively paying his wage so if he does a terrible job I'll remember your advice and keep quiet, great advice, cheers...
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:59 am

You don’t have a contract with the players. Not sure how you see this as even remotely comparable.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:35 am

Too occasional fan wrote:You don’t have a contract with the players. Not sure how you see this as even remotely comparable.

The point is you've claimed people can't have an opinion unless they pay their wages completely. It's more comparable than the nurses example! I'm starting to think you're a troll because I'm not sure someone could genuinely be so obtuse.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:43 am

Too occasional fan wrote:You don’t have a contract with the players. Not sure how you see this as even remotely comparable.

I pay a season ticket cost of over 300 pounds, I think that gives me every right to be a bit critical when these people I pay money to watch are not performing!!!!!!!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Too occasional fan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:13 pm

tommyd wrote:

The point is you've claimed people can't have an opinion unless they pay their wages completely. It's more comparable than the nurses example! I'm starting to think you're a troll because I'm not sure someone could genuinely be so obtuse.

I never said that people can't be critical. I said that there are others that pay wages.

The original quote was this:
Besides, everyone who goes in the turnstiles at TNL pays their wages.

Which, by the omission of a phrase like "some of" has led you off on an excited rush leading into troll calling. Well done.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:32 pm

It wasn't deleted then.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:35 pm