Thank you Charlie Cooper

All about our First Team

Thank you Charlie Cooper

Postby NewForestRover » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:05 pm

There are so many Charlie Cooper posts on here that I really wouldn't want him to see.
I just hope he reads this thread.
So he can feel appreciated rather than worthless.
And remember he helped us to get promoted and has given his everything ever since.

To Charlie:

QPR trial is only the first of many and if you don't get it? Keep trying. I'm sure you will get loads more.

Ignore all the negative comments on here.

Just be so proud of yourself for what you've achieved so far. You've done everything asked of you and given 100% every week.

Good luck wherever you go.

And thank you for everything you've done for us.

P.S. Those with a different opinion have plenty of other threads to choose from. This is a CC appreciation thread.
Last edited by NewForestRover on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Re: Thank you Charlie Cooper

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:01 am

Always gave 100% and played his part in helping get the club promoted.

Good luck to him, hopefully he gets a good move and proves himself at a higher level. He's definitely got the right work ethic.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:49 pm

Did he leave? Talk about a premature obituary :lol:
Silence can be deafening can't it?!
Did this go the way you planned nfr? :oops:
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:56 pm

Not good enough.

We are stuck with him, so I am going to try to get behind him as much as I can, difficult as he is not a very good player, but hopefully he will somehow improve dramatically and be an average league 2 player, that would be great.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:17 pm

Both sounding very bitter and petty there tbh. The lad hasn't been playing, in all likelihood won't play for the club again and has done nothing to either of you.

So why are you still having digs? What's he done to deserve that?

And FGR Ledge, if you've been a fan for 20 years you'll have seen plenty of awful players playing for us, sometimes whole teams of them. Did you struggle to get behind them as well?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:19 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Both sounding very bitter and petty there tbh. The lad hasn't been playing, in all likelihood won't play for the club again and has done nothing to either of you.

Eh??

I said I would get behind him!!!

Why does it offend you that I don't think he is a very good player?
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:Both sounding very bitter and petty there tbh. The lad hasn't been playing, in all likelihood won't play for the club again and has done nothing to either of you.

Eh??

It doesn't, I know quite a few people that agree with you. I just don't get why you have to keep saying it again and again when he isn't even playing. Can't you just leave the lad alone?

It's not his fault we're rubbish.
Last edited by Kentstripe on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:

Eh??

You should know by now.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:31 pm

And FGR Ledge, if you've been a fan for 20 years you'll have seen plenty of awful players playing for us, sometimes whole teams of them. Did you struggle to get behind them as well?

I get behind him at the game!!

Why do people struggle with criticism on a forum, that is surely the time to let off steam!!

I get behind all of our players on match day, even the rubbish ones.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:34 pm

tommyd wrote:Did he leave? Talk about a premature obituary :lol:
Silence can be deafening can't it?!
Did this go the way you planned nfr? :oops:

This is an appreciation thread. I didn't say he was leaving, only that he had a trial with QPR.

If you read it properly you will see that I wrote:

'QPR trial is only the first of many and if you don't get it? Keep trying. I'm sure you will get loads more'.

I started the thread to make him feel better after all the abuse he's been receiving and realise that there are some of us who appreciate his efforts and everything he's done so far.

I planned for him to read it so whether it's gone according to plan, I've no idea.

But I hope he did.
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:39 pm

Can you PLEASE stop posting on this thread if you want to have a debate about Charlie.

There are at least two other threads for that.

This is an appreciation thread so if you don't appreciate him, post somewhere else!!
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby voodoobluesman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:46 pm

I like his sideburns
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Robert+89 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:48 pm

I don't understand why people on this are wanting and laughingat the fact that CC for the time beeing is at the club. You must see what it is going on when he is playing week in and out. No one at the club is happy with it. It's not fair on CC cause he is getting so much stick in a situation he can't control,The only thing he can do is refuse to play.He dose not come across as a lad who would do that. MC has tunnel vision about the team and the fact he has to play CC. I get that I'm a dad I and if I was a manager I would want my lad to play and play well. The fans are spilt between the hole situation. And there seems to be a lot of pressure on the players. My opinion on Liam Noble going was he might of came out in defence for CC but was not happy with it, and as captain he let MC know and they had a bust up ending in LM going asap not when the club could of got cash in January for him. Farther and son at the same club dose not work it never has and it never will. Better managers and better players have not be able to make it work so why would it work now.It is adding to our struggles everyone in football can see it
Robert+89
Youth
Youth

Postby tommyd » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:06 am

Where did I have a go at Charlie? I was laughing at nfr for being his usual self righteous self but in doing so totally writ Charlie off for FGR! He's still here as far as I know...
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:10 am

NewForestRover wrote:Can you PLEASE stop posting on this thread if you want to have a debate about Charlie.

This is an appreciation thread so if you don't appreciate him, post somewhere else!!

Sorry, you're right. I'm sure it's not awkward that only 2 people had posted (including the OP) Are you really that self important that you think players lose much sleep over what a few fans they've never met say on a forum? Go look on any other football forum and you'll see FAR worse
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 am

tommyd wrote:
NewForestRover wrote:Can you PLEASE stop posting on this thread if you want to have a debate about Charlie.

Sorry, you're right. I'm sure it's not awkward that only 2 people had posted (including the OP) Are you really that self important that you think players lose much sleep over what a few fans they've never met say on a forum? Go look on any other football forum and you'll see FAR worse

Don't be mean.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:28 am

voodoobluesman wrote:I like his sideburns

Can't say I ever noticed. I do appreciate the number 15. Does that count?
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Irish-Rover » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:16 am

I appreciate that Charlie Cooper does try even though he isn't that great at football.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:19 pm

NFR is not a him !!.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 pm

Surely the first lesson for any new professional footballer is never, ever read what folks say about you on social media. Therein madness lies.
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Return to FGR First Team