Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby RyRover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:32 pm

Sounds like we actually had a go tonight, wasn't that the complaint after the last 2 away games? We go again
...Because we know Tranmere will come back but it's WOOLERY AT THE OTHER ENNNNNDDDD......GOAL 3-1 to Forest Green
RyRover
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:37 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby welshrover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:32 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:Don't think that's true at all!

I actually think privately Dale is fuming with Cooper, but he did give him a 5 year contract!!!


If he’s fuming with him, why would he back him as much as he has, don’t believe that at all.
welshrover
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:34 pm

If Doidge and Stevens are sold, that would be absolutely criminal!!!!!!!

We would be absolutely certain to go down then.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby doggy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:34 pm

welshrover wrote:
Phil_mitchell wrote:In my opinion we are 100% going down. Best I can hope for is that it's not Cheltenham that do it and that we are already gone.


Dale give the impression he doesn’t care, which is more frustrating considering he wanted promotion so bad, seems they’re both colluding to get us relegated!!!

Not sure they want us down , just know they ain’t got a clue, whole club, fans and players excluded, haven’t got a clue how to run a football club, it’s not just about throwing money at it, it’s not about getting publicity, it’s about having people who actually understand the game, pretty simple really.
User avatar
doggy
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: glawstershire

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:35 pm

welshrover wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:Don't think that's true at all!

I actually think privately Dale is fuming with Cooper, but he did give him a 5 year contract!!!


If he’s fuming with him, why would he back him as much as he has, don’t believe that at all.


He just does that, remember Hockaday??

Of course he does not want us to get relegated!! Why would he spend so much to come up.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby andymac26 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:40 pm

Maybe the excuse is that the supermoon rose over the ground at half time and affected the team adversely. (Think I've lost it now).
Sadly more or less resigning myself to a very disappointing and embarassing relegation season after all the hard work, and that day last May. Just don't see how this is happening.
User avatar
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 pm
Location: Hampshire.

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:41 pm

FootieMan wrote:Calm down everyone. After the last three defeats AWAY it is disappointing not to have scored a goal. But tonight look at the opposition, who if they win their two matches in hand would be second in the table only three points behind leaders Luton.

I said previously and will repeat it again, the matches the club MUST target to win are those against the teams in the bottom 8 of the division. Take points off those in and around you and you will be safe. Those games are still to come and mostly at home.

I like many who have followed the club over the years have been there before. Continually slagging off the players and management will just give you high blood pressure. Walk away from your computer for a day and save yourself all the hassle. Sensible analysis is more therapeutic even if you do not realise it at the time.

Comments without basis are no use either. I don’t know if it is true MC did not go in the dressing room at half time. If it was true then why? There might be a valid reason only he knows. Could it be that he was being consulted about a last minute bid for Doidge. Was Dodige brought off because a deal was reached and to protect the high value bid he was substituted.

We can all guess but the club will not save itself if we are not together. What will be.....will be. As fans we have no control over these things. Believe me.........


Well said.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:09 pm
Location: Stroud

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby welshrover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:42 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:If Doidge and Stevens are sold, that would be absolutely criminal!!!!!!!

We would be absolutely certain to go down then.


Just been announced Jordan Stevens has signed for Leeds
welshrover
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:43 pm

Enjoy the ride hey??
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:43 pm

welshrover wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:If Doidge and Stevens are sold, that would be absolutely criminal!!!!!!!

We would be absolutely certain to go down then.


Just been announced Jordan Stevens has signed for Leeds


Great young player!!!

Good luck to him, I would jump at the chance of getting away from Cooper if I was a player.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby herbie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:47 pm

Mods out in force again I see, removing posts and tampering with them.... we must allow the party line, Cooper is god, Copper Jnr... is pele,Messi, and Ronaldo rolled into one and we lucky to have him and Dale I promise to go Vegan and get a rubbish haircut.
herbie
Youth
Youth
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:02 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:50 pm

herbie wrote:Mods out in force again I see, removing posts and tampering with them.... we must allow the party line, Cooper is god, Copper Jnr... is pele,Messi, and Ronaldo rolled into one and we lucky to have him and Dale I promise to go Vegan and get a rubbish haircut.


Why do they like Cooper so much???

Awful manager, arrogant and aloof!!

What hold does he have over these people??

If you’d like to become a mod, please PM Referee. If not, then please re-read the forum rules. We hurt when we lose too.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby herbie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:56 pm

Because they are told to tow the party line, they are not allowed to have an opinion. If Dale says jump they ask how high.....while people who want to express a different opinion are shot down
herbie
Youth
Youth
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:02 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby stanman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:56 pm

Wise words if I may so, FootieMan.
So I must desist from further comment, and will revisit my thoughts after a scotch and a good night's sleep.

One thing this evening about FGR, however, is very different for me, and dursleydog made the point earlier in this thread.

dursleydog wrote:I think the worst thing personally for me is I'm not even angry or disappointed any more. I expected us to lose and we lost, never even got my hopes up.


Summat just don't feel right these days, eh? Init?
There is no 'I' in team
User avatar
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Minchinhampton

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby SNJ Ash » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:03 am

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 3629
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby FootieMan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:11 am

So guessing again substitute Stevens for Doidge!! But it’s still not time to shut the window yet.........
User avatar
FootieMan
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby Tommo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:21 am

Norton Boy wrote:
FootieMan wrote:Calm down everyone. After the last three defeats AWAY it is disappointing not to have scored a goal. But tonight look at the opposition, who if they win their two matches in hand would be second in the table only three points behind leaders Luton.

I said previously and will repeat it again, the matches the club MUST target to win are those against the teams in the bottom 8 of the division. Take points off those in and around you and you will be safe. Those games are still to come and mostly at home.

I like many who have followed the club over the years have been there before. Continually slagging off the players and management will just give you high blood pressure. Walk away from your computer for a day and save yourself all the hassle. Sensible analysis is more therapeutic even if you do not realise it at the time.

Comments without basis are no use either. I don’t know if it is true MC did not go in the dressing room at half time. If it was true then why? There might be a valid reason only he knows. Could it be that he was being consulted about a last minute bid for Doidge. Was Dodige brought off because a deal was reached and to protect the high value bid he was substituted.

We can all guess but the club will not save itself if we are not together. What will be.....will be. As fans we have no control over these things. Believe me.........[/quote

Well said.


Yes we’ll said - we only know a smidgen of what is going on and the only control we have is to give or withdraw our support of the club. I vote for support despite not getting a point from one of the divisions best clubs away from home tonight.

I hope Doidge doesn’t leave yet tho.
User avatar
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 9108
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Horsley

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:23 am

Enjoy the ride.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby voodoobluesman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:24 am

FGR-Ledge wrote:Enjoy the ride.


We lost then.
User avatar
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:44 am

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby FGR-Ledge » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:27 am

voodoobluesman wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:Enjoy the ride.


We lost then.


To a good side though!!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bronco, NECbowler, The Game Within and 1 guest

About FGR

We’re a club that looks to the future, but our identity is forged from a rich 128-year history. Founded in 1889, we’re one of the oldest football clubs in the world.

In 2017, we were promoted to the Football League for the first time in our history – which means we can spread our sustainability message to an even bigger audience. FIFA recently described us as the greenest football club in the world. That’s quite an accolade, and it shows how we’ve been able to bring together football and environmental consciousness at the highest levels of the game.