Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:46 pm

dursleydog wrote:The recruitment has been as good as we could have hoped for, if results don't pick up we know it's not down to the players now

Agreed.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby doggy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:47 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
doggy wrote:Cooper apparently didn’t go in dressing room at half time ! What’s he getting paid for?

Where did you get that from, were you with him all half-time. I don't like the word apparently.

My two sons text me to say he was stood outside all of half time, unless he has a twin !! God forbid!!
doggy
First Team
First Team

Postby Phil_mitchell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:49 pm

We need to beat Coventry and draw with Newport or vice versa
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:51 pm

Not a good result after the first half performance, very disappointing.

Final completed team sheet for those who print out a copy: http://www.forestgreenroversfc.co.uk/id31.html

Attendance: 3382 (141 from FGR) Well done those who travelled.

Man-of-the-Match: Dan Wishart

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:53 pm

Grubb M-o-M by a country mile for me.Not afraid to run at defenders.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Oggys right boot » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:54 pm

Reckon we need 8 or 9 wins to stay up. Playing 4cbs and 2 full backs - it’s not going to happen.

Where do people think these wins will come?!? That would be play off form for the last part of the season!!
Oggys right boot
Trainee
Trainee

Postby lovejoy2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:00 pm

Why after playing a more positive formation with both Grubb and Brown in the team v Cambridge would you change it back???? L Colin’s is a good defender but not a midfield player. Hollis looks the weakess of the new Centre Backs and should have been in the bench when Rawson came back in. It’s looking desperate now we have to beat Coventry or make a change in the management.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby welshrover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:06 pm

Oggys right boot wrote:
fgr2016 wrote:Hold on..

Drissa cannot get through a full match. Great until half time and then ineffective. I think he's cracking...but after 69th minute he might as well not be on the pitch. He needs to be fitter.

KMB....WHY THE HECK DO PEOPLE KEEP BANGING ON ABOUT HIM!!??. He started and he was fine.... for the first two games... And then was totally ineffective.

These two players are not the answers to our prayers

Because they were both heavily involved in our only decent run of form this season. Every time drissa played - opposition fans would pick him out as the most impressive player. KMB can and has changed games in an instant - to have them both out of the squad is madness. He’s blaming it on the players of course but how many players have there been problems with in 18 months?! It’s blatantly obvious who the real problem is!!

Well said
welshrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:08 pm

Cooper makes me sick!!

Actually expected that scoreline tonight, which is incredibly sad after being well backed in the trnsfer market, it can now definitely be seen where the true blame lies!!

Not with ref, not with the fans!! It's Cooper, unfortunately he seems to have sucked up to Dale in a very Hockaday type way, so we are stuck with him!!! :cry:
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:14 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:Cooper makes me sick!!

Actually expected that scoreline tonight, which is incredibly sad after being well backed in the trnsfer market, it can now definitely be seen where the true blame lies!!

Not with ref, not with the fans!! It's Cooper, unfortunately he seems to have sucked up to Dale in a very Hockaday type way, so we are stuck with him!!! :cry:

Did you expect the new players to come in and us to start winning game after game straight away, including away at promotion chasing sides?

I absolutely get that we need to be doing much better then we have been though, second half was very poor by the sounds of it and that is unacceptable. As with all struggling sides the manager has to take some blame for that, and the pressure is definitely mounting.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby welshrover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:18 pm

It's Cooper, unfortunately he seems to have sucked up to Dale in a very Hockaday type way, so we are stuck with him!!! :cry:

Comment removed for foul abusive language
welshrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:20 pm

welshrover wrote:

It's Cooper, unfortunately he seems to have sucked up to Dale in a very Hockaday type way, so we are stuck with him!!! :cry:

Mark my words he will not be sacked this season!!!

So hope I'm wrong though.
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby Phil_mitchell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 pm

In my opinion we are 100% going down. Best I can hope for is that it's not Cheltenham that do it and that we are already gone.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby herbie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:23 pm

Kenstripe.....there is no pressure on Cooper he is laughing......... gets the sack then he gets a big pay off he does not care about the club fans etc just about himself.... Comment removed
herbie
Youth
Youth

Postby welshrover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:26 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:In my opinion we are 100% going down. Best I can hope for is that it's not Cheltenham that do it and that we are already gone.

Dale give the impression he doesn’t care, which is more frustrating considering he wanted promotion so bad, seems they’re both colluding to get us relegated!!!
welshrover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:29 pm

Don't think that's true at all!

I actually think privately Dale is fuming with Cooper, but he did give him a 5 year contract!!!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Postby SNJ Ash » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:29 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SNJ Ash » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:30 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:31 pm

I cant believe what's going on, part of me wants to see a post match interview so MC can explain himself but he would probably make things worse.

Fans kicked out.. class players out of the team.. bahh
Tomiswalking
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FootieMan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:32 pm

Calm down everyone. After the last three defeats AWAY it is disappointing not to have scored a goal. But tonight look at the opposition, who if they win their two matches in hand would be second in the table only three points behind leaders Luton.

I said previously and will repeat it again, the matches the club MUST target to win are those against the teams in the bottom 8 of the division. Take points off those in and around you and you will be safe. Those games are still to come and mostly at home.

I like many who have followed the club over the years have been there before. Continually slagging off the players and management will just give you high blood pressure. Walk away from your computer for a day and save yourself all the hassle. Sensible analysis is more therapeutic even if you do not realise it at the time.

Comments without basis are no use either. I don’t know if it is true MC did not go in the dressing room at half time. If it was true then why? There might be a valid reason only he knows. Could it be that he was being consulted about a last minute bid for Doidge. Was Dodige brought off because a deal was reached and to protect the high value bid he was substituted.

We can all guess but the club will not save itself if we are not together. What will be.....will be. As fans we have no control over these things. Believe me.........
Last edited by FootieMan on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team