Let's have some honesty...

All about our First Team

Re: Let's have some honesty...

Postby michael » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:31 pm

piece of cake when you put it like that then !!

-forgive me ,where i remain looking for 53 minimum
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:21 pm

So maybe 18 points required from the last 15 games.... sounds doable but how much easier that will seem if we can get 3-4 points out of both the next two games. Barnet look to be in trouble and maybe Chesterfield will continue their relatively poor recent form. Hopefully Grimsby (who have been awful recently) Morecambe and Crewe will be pulled back into the mix too. We still have all those teams to play and they are the ones to win!
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Best stick to taking it one game at a time.

Tough test tomorrow at Newport for our new look squad.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby whoisit » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:57 pm

Tommo wrote:So maybe 18 points required from the last 15 games.... sounds doable but how much easier that will seem if we can get 3-4 points out of both the next two games. Barnet look to be in trouble and maybe Chesterfield will continue their relatively poor recent form. Hopefully Grimsby (who have been awful recently) Morecambe and Crewe will be pulled back into the mix too. We still have all those teams to play and they are the ones to win!

Very well said totally agree .
whoisit
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Havelock » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Based on current form, the last match of the season could be interesting.

Then again, Cooper is linked to the Barnsley job, and Grimsby just rid themselves of their manager!
<*))))>< Well how well that could describe our life, we sing the cross ><((((*>
Havelock
First Team
First Team

Postby Timb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 am

Long way to go yet HL.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:48 pm

There might only be 1 relegation place to fill if the Barry Bennell case costs Crewe the "millions" the press are quoting then I'm sure they'd be well and truly sunk & on their way to national League North !!!
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:11 pm

Cannot see the FA relegating Crewe for the BB revelations and court case - even if compensation is involved. We need to keep out of the bottom two to be really safe.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby twoguns » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Smart business in January, 7 points from 9, Cheltenham & Grimsby in freefall, Barnet and Chesterfield can't buy a win so we will stay up in my opinion.

I just hope lessons are learnt from this seasons pre-season debacle. We ain't the little friendly village club on the hill we don't need friendly games against Brimscombe, Shortwood, Slimbridge or Bishops Cleeve. Let MC to use his contacts to get proper opposition for preparation.

Do what other clubs do and send an FGR XI to the above to support our grass roots football allowing us to prepare properly.

One thing is for sure; Electric Chair will need to splash his cheque book in the close season to mount a challenge on the League 2 title.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:28 pm

twoguns wrote:Smart business in January, 7 points from 9, Cheltenham & Grimsby in freefall, Barnet and Chesterfield can't buy a win so we will stay up in my opinion.

I just hope lessons are learnt from this seasons pre-season debacle. We ain't the little friendly village club on the hill we don't need friendly games against Brimscombe, Shortwood, Slimbridge or Bishops Cleeve. Let MC to use his contacts to get proper opposition for preparation.

Do what other clubs do and send an FGR XI to the above to support our grass roots football allowing us to prepare properly.

One thing is for sure; Electric Chair will need to splash his cheque book in the close season to mount a challenge on the League 2 title.

Good post there, totally agree.

Just the odd local game is fine, but we are not a charity, and have to book some proper friendlies, we are a football league club for goodness sake!
FGR-Ledge
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to FGR First Team