Rhys Murphy

All about our First Team

Rhys Murphy

Postby michael » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 am

Apologies where i may have missed this in another thread/on official site.

am i correct that as read in one of todays national newspapersthat rhys murphy has gone to Gillingham. ?
(i assume to the football club-and not just on a nice day out in north kent ?

they must be salivating over that
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Rhys Murphy

Postby Norman31 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:24 am

If mc hadn't kept switching the forwards round I think he would of been a prolific scorer for us at least at conference level
Norman31
Youth
Youth

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:36 pm

Good luck to him, Gills have been on a huge upward swing since sacking Pennock and appointing Steve Lovell, so he's joining a club in form.

I have to say I do prefer Doidge and Reid though.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Norman31 wrote:If mc hadn't kept switching the forwards round I think he would of been a prolific scorer for us at least at conference level

wow- i guess we all see things differently.
i'm not sure why that would have happened at fgr, when unfortunately if has not happened for him at about 5 other national and efl clubs in last 18 months when on loan ,

funny old game-maybe it will all click for him at gillingham and wish him well
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SkunkMan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:03 pm

12 appearances, 5 as sub, seven goals.

A bit of a small sample size, but I too believe that Murphy would have scored goals for us in the Conference.

Career stats show a goal every four games over a 100+ match career, which I think supports this view.

AND he has had a very mixed few years and a lot of loans to a lot of clubs - that doesn't help a player to find form and consistency.

BUT now we will never know. I hope he goes well at Gillingham.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:26 pm

The question would be why has he been loaned out so much, and never stayed at any club for long?

Gillingham are his 12th club.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:25 am

digressing slightly, i would have been happy for Stuart Nelson to move in the opposite direction ,to give experience in goal/marshall the defence with authority as he has 'been there and done it '
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:35 am

michael wrote:digressing slightly, i would have been happy for Stuart Nelson to move in the opposite direction ,to give experience in goal/marshall the defence with authority as he has 'been there and done it '

I agree. Decent keeper and my kids know his mum. :lol:
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team