Name your match day squad

All about our First Team

Re: Name your match day squad

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:45 pm

Re: my earlier choice = Pickering has gone out on loan, and MC says Clements is not fit enough to start a match, but will be OK to be on the bench. Thats two of my choices down the drain.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby lovejoy2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:47 pm

SkunkMan wrote:I think our best team is probably as follows (3-4-1-2);

Russell; Rawson, Collins L, Gunning; Bennett, Traore, Osbourne, Wishart; Grubb; Doidge, Reid.

Feels very harsh on Brown, who I think has great feet and great potential, but I am not convinced we can win the midfield battle with Grubb and Brown as two of our three central midfielders.

Subs: Collins B, Laird, Hollis, Cooper, Clements, Brown, Campbell.

ALL OF WHICH IS OF COURSE TOTALLY IRRELEVANT - as I think there are players in both my Starting XI and on the bench who will never play for us again for whatever reason(s) :shock:

Personally I am not a fan of 3 at the back, preferring 4-2-3-1 with attacking full backs a la Tottenham - but I think in Bennett and Wishart we actually do have players who can fill the wing back roles and in Lee Collins, a centre back who can bring the ball out. I also think we have to play two strikers if we are playing with wing backs rather than wingers, as we have seen all season (before the signing of Reid) how isolated Doidge gets otherwise.

Bang on I agree with all of this apart from Cooper on the bench I would replace with KMB or Bray as a more attacking option and swap Laird for Monthe.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:51 pm

Cannot wait for tomorrow -bring it on !.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby smertens07929 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:15 pm

Can we not put them all on together? :o ;) :lol:
smertens07929
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:40 am

Brad,
Bennett, Gunning, Hollis, Ossie, Collins, Brown, Grubb, Dan,
Reid, CD

Subs: Belford, Laird, Rawson, Monthe, Drissa, Campbell, Charlie.

I can only pick from those I know so haven't included new signings that I know nothing about and haven't seen yet.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby T50 BOS » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

I would definitely start Rawson ahead of Hollis in the back 3 .... he didn't look comfortable at all against a pacey right winger at Exeter.
I think Coops may also start Bray (new guy from Rotherham) ahead of Dale B (who also had a torrid 2nd half at Exeter and was caught napping for both Exeter goals).

So my squad would be

Starting XI ....... B Collins, Rawson, L Collins, Gunning Bray Wishart Osbourne Grubb Brown Doidge Reid
On the Bench .... Belford Campbell Laird Simpson Clements Monthe Bennett
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby dursleydog » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:12 pm

If Traore is low on confidence and out of form I'd personally only ease him in gradually, same with KMB, maybe giving them cameos off the bench at first.
I'd go with a 442 diamond. Collins in goal, back for of Bennett, Rawson, Gunning and Wishart, with the full backs given licence to get forward. L.Collins playing as a holding midfielder with Osbourne and Brown ahead of him. Grubb playing in the no.10 role behind Doidge and Reid

On the bench, Belford, Monthe as the backup cb, Laird as the backup fullback, Traore and Clements as central midfield cover, KMB as the change of pace/ change of formation option, and finally Campbell as the backup striker/winger.

If 442 diamond isnt working we've got the option to switch to a 433 with KMB and Campbell on the wings or a 532 with Collins dropping in.

I'd also actually show up and talk to the players at half time, just as a bonus
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to FGR First Team