All about our First Team

Press conference: Mark Cooper

Postby SNJ Ash » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:08 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Press conference: Mark Cooper

Postby camel » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:31 pm

Thanks Ash. Some good questions in there.

I'm a bit worried that Cooper Snr talking the way he does in terms of blaming the fans for not selecting Cooper Jnr is going to widen the gulf between him and the fans. We are in a scrap and need to be united but the wedge feels like it's getting stuffed in further and further. You only had to be there on Wednesday to see its nearing a point of no return for many.

If Cooper Jnr isn't going to play then even more reason for Cooper Snr to do us all a favour and get Drissa off the naughty step and back in the squad.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Irish-Rover » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:36 pm

camel wrote:Thanks Ash. Some good questions in there.

I'm a bit worried that Cooper Snr talking the way he does in terms of blaming the fans for not selecting Cooper Jnr is going to widen the gulf between him and the fans. We are in a scrap and need to be united but the wedge feels like it's getting stuffed in further and further. You only had to be there on Wednesday to see its nearing a point of no return for many.

If Cooper Jnr isn't going to play then even more reason for Cooper Snr to do us all a favour and get Drissa off the naughty step and back in the squad.

It's not just press conferences where he likes to talk down about us. There's been several instances this season where he has openly told people how terrible (or in his words sh*t) our fans are. He hate us.
Irish-Rover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:56 pm

Tbf he was asked the question if CC would be involved tomorrow, with the fact that he was involved in the Exeter game included in that, to which he answered that no CC wasn't going to be involved at all tomorrow, as it's a home game.

You can debate the rights and wrongs of it all, but no one can deny that CC's presence tomorrow would cause an unecessary distraction, for both team and fans, which we cant afford as home games are crucial and we need points,

If involved Charlie would almost certainly get abuse, which wouldn't help anything.

Seems a pretty sensible decision to me.

As has been said, best for everyone if Charlie moves on asap, as otherwise this will keep being a distraction.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:22 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Tbf he was asked the question if CC would be involved tomorrow, with the fact that he was involved in the Exeter game included in that, to which he answered that no CC wasn't going to be involved at all tomorrow, as it's a home game.

You can debate the rights and wrongs of it all, but no one can deny that CC's presence tomorrow would cause an unecessary distraction, for both team and fans, which we cant afford as home games are crucial and we need points,

If involved Charlie would almost certainly get abuse, which wouldn't help anything.

Seems a pretty sensible decision to me.

As has been said, best for everyone if Charlie moves on asap, as otherwise this will keep being a distraction.

Then why involve him at all?
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:27 pm

Irish-Rover wrote:

It's not just press conferences where he likes to talk down about us. There's been several instances this season where he has openly told people how terrible (or in his words sh*t) our fans are. He hate us.

I have just listened through the interview twice and not once did he mention anything about the fans. So please Camel and Irish-Rover please point me and others to the exact words where he blamed the fans, or do you just like to make things up.

I also want to know why any time someone isn't selected they are perceived TO BE ON THE NAUGHTY STEP, for that reason half the squad in on the naughty step. You can't play the whole squad in a match and it's often down to how they train etc. during the week.

There is so much fiction made up, or as Trump would say, Fake News, and others believe it and make it bigger. An example was the comment that the Manager didn't go into the changing rooms at H/T at Exeter. I have checked and that was a great example of exaggerated news.

I'm not trying to make out that everything is perfect, far from it, but don't make up stories unless you actually know the facts.

Rant over from me.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:28 pm

tommyd wrote:Then why involve him at all?

In what?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:37 pm

Found it interesting that they haven’t done much training as the pitches are under water. Now I can see why they look like strangers on the pitch. Not quite sure how the newbies are going to gel. Going to bean interesting midfield selection 2mrw, new lad not fit enough, no CC, Stevens sold. Will it be a heroes return for Traore or square peg in a round hole and play Collins in midfield.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
Irish-Rover wrote:

I have just listened through the interview twice and not once did he mention anything about the fans. So please Camel and Irish-Rover please point me and others to the exact words where he blamed the fans, or do you just like to make things up.

I also want to know why any time someone isn't selected they are perceived TO BE ON THE NAUGHTY, for that reason half the squad in on the naughty step. You can't play the whole squad in a match and it's often down to how they train etc. during the week.

There is so much fiction made up, or as Trump would say, Fake News, and others believe it and make it bigger. An example was the comment that the Manager didn't go into the changing rooms at H/T at Exeter. I have checked and that was a great example of exaggerated news.

I'm not trying to make out that everything is perfect, far from it, but don't make up stories unless you actually know the facts.

Rant over from me.

He explained his original reason for leaving him out before on protecting Charlie and thinking of his long term future and health in response to treatment by the fans who get on the young players backs. By saying he would pick him away and not at home he is repeating something he said and did last season as well. So you are right he hasn't explicitly said the words "the fans" but pretty much everyone understands what he was saying. Happy to listen to any other explanations?

Ive spoken to various players over the last 18 months and I am perfectly comfortable referring to it as a naughty step.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:46 pm

camel wrote: He explained his original reason for leaving him out before on protecting Charlie and thinking of his long term future and health in response to treatment by the fans who get on the young players backs. By saying he would pick him away and not at home he is repeating something he said and did last season as well. So you are right he hasn't explicitly said the words "the fans" but pretty much everyone understands what he was saying. Happy to listen to any other explanations?

Ive spoken to various players over the last 18 months and I am perfectly comfortable referring to it as a naughty step.

This thread is about this interview, not previous ones. He also didn't say he would pick him away, he actually said he wouldn't pick him at home. Let's see if he picks him away. Yes he was on the bench Wednesday but wasn't used, we were also very short. The players like Traore and Marsh-Brown played in the Gloucestershire County Cup the day before and wouldn't be expected to play 2 games in 24 hours.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:52 pm

"Are you going to be in the dugout Mark?"

"No, it's a home game"!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:04 pm

Exactly.

What is the relevance of a home game to anything?
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
voodoobluesman wrote:"Are you going to be in the dugout Mark?"

"No, it's a home game"!

What does that mean?

I think he is saying that at home games he will pursue his recent habit of moving to the main stand to watch the game from there - at least for now. That seems a good move since he seems to be better able to identify tactical changes from there but also transmits less tension onto the pitch. At away games I guess he finds it harder to find a spot where he can watch the game and transmit confidential info to the rest of his staff.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Tommo wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:
voodoobluesman wrote:"Are you going to be in the dugout Mark?"

"No, it's a home game"!

What does that mean?

I think he is saying that at home games he will pursue his recent habit of moving to the main stand to watch the game from there - at least for now. That seems a good move since he seems to be better able to identify tactical changes from there but also transmits less tension onto the pitch. At away games I guess he finds it harder to find a spot where he can watch the game and transmit confidential info to the rest of his staff.

I understand that he does away games now as well if he can find a spot, he is wired up to talk to the bench. Bob mentioned it on Wednesday.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:50 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
tommyd wrote:Then why involve him at all?

In what?

Charlie cooper in the squad... was it that hard to understand?!
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:18 pm

Ahhhhh. This thread makes so much less sense with so many deleted posts. It looks like VDBM is having a self dialogue.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:23 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:Found it interesting that they haven’t done much training as the pitches are under water. Now I can see why they look like strangers on the pitch. Not quite sure how the newbies are going to gel. Going to bean interesting midfield selection 2mrw, new lad not fit enough, no CC, Stevens sold. Will it be a heroes return for Traore or square peg in a round hole and play Collins in midfield.

I know there's questions about him, but I'd rather see him in goal than midfield.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:38 am

camel wrote:Ahhhhh. This thread makes so much less sense with so many deleted posts. It looks like VDBM is having a self dialogue.

Looks like they cant delete quotes though!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:17 am

So sad when I was reading this thread on the way home from work, went to reply only to find that the posts had been deleted.

Sadder still when I listened to his interview and got the impression (again) that he feels that everyone is against him.

Even more sad is the fact that he's probably right.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

He's managing our team so we need to support him!!
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
First Team
First Team

Postby nwrover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:43 am

As an educator I find it very hard to accept, in fact I don’t, that freedom speech is not allowed on this forum

Perhaps the national press would be interested?

Go ahead... delete this at your peril
nwrover
Reserves
Reserves

Next

Return to FGR First Team