Press conference: Mark Cooper

All about our First Team

Re: Press conference: Mark Cooper

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:15 am

Lady Magpie wrote:
Irish-Rover wrote:
camel wrote:Thanks Ash. Some good questions in there.

I'm a bit worried that Cooper Snr talking the way he does in terms of blaming the fans for not selecting Cooper Jnr is going to widen the gulf between him and the fans. We are in a scrap and need to be united but the wedge feels like it's getting stuffed in further and further. You only had to be there on Wednesday to see its nearing a point of no return for many.

If Cooper Jnr isn't going to play then even more reason for Cooper Snr to do us all a favour and get Drissa off the naughty step and back in the squad.

It's not just press conferences where he likes to talk down about us. There's been several instances this season where he has openly told people how terrible (or in his words sh*t) our fans are. He hate us.

I have just listened through the interview twice and not once did he mention anything about the fans. So please Camel and Irish-Rover please point me and others to the exact words where he blamed the fans, or do you just like to make things up.

I also want to know why any time someone isn't selected they are perceived TO BE ON THE NAUGHTY STEP, for that reason half the squad in on the naughty step. You can't play the whole squad in a match and it's often down to how they train etc. during the week.

There is so much fiction made up, or as Trump would say, Fake News, and others believe it and make it bigger. An example was the comment that the Manager didn't go into the changing rooms at H/T at Exeter. I have checked and that was a great example of exaggerated news.

I'm not trying to make out that everything is perfect, far from it, but don't make up stories unless you actually know the facts.

Rant over from me.

Hi LM were you just ranting or can you list the many fictitious stories because I don't see that you have any evidence that camel or Irish rover have made anything up or exaggerated.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:59 am

Rumours generally are a mixture of extremes, some are completely true, others are completely made up and some are somewhere in between. What people without access to the facts surrounding a rumour believe often depends on their preconceptions or prior experiences. Or sometimes it's just hearing someone else has heard it too. Nothing makes people believe stuff more then hearing "I heard the same" even if the original rumour is actually coming from the same source.

Imo, given this is an official forum, it would be good to have at least the occasional post from a club official, as this would help clear up at least some (if there are any) misconceptions. In the past CP used to do this very well, and his inside knowledge/presence often helped stop rumours running out of control.

Ps Why am I having to type "badger" or "green" every time I try and log in?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:58 am

NewForestRover wrote:So sad when I was reading this thread on the way home from work, went to reply only to find that the posts had been deleted.

Sadder still when I listened to his interview and got the impression (again) that he feels that everyone is against him.

Even more sad is the fact that he's probably right.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

He's managing our team so we need to support him!!

Why?
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:04 am

MC forgot to mention that the first prize on the Rovers Raffle is £200 today, £50 second and £25 third.

Well worth a flutter before the match this afternoon.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:23 am

voodoobluesman wrote:
NewForestRover wrote:So sad when I was reading this thread on the way home from work, went to reply only to find that the posts had been deleted.

Sadder still when I listened to his interview and got the impression (again) that he feels that everyone is against him.

Even more sad is the fact that he's probably right.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

He's managing our team so we need to support him!!

Why?

How do you support someone you don't trust, like or respect (as a manager)
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Robert+89 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Let's clear it up. MC said CC won't play this week not at home. So my guess is that he is happy for him to play when we are away and there is less FGR fans
Robert+89
Youth
Youth

Previous

Return to FGR First Team