Match thread from The New Lawn (Coventry City)

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from The New Lawn (Coventry City)

Postby RyRover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Very quiet on here tonight. Well done again boys
...Because we know Tranmere will come back but it's WOOLERY AT THE OTHER ENNNNNDDDD......GOAL 3-1 to Forest Green
RyRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby TreeHugger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:04 pm

RyRover wrote:Very quiet on here tonight. Well done again boys

Think there might be login problems for some. I had to have about three goes at it before it let me in.
TreeHugger
Youth
Youth

Postby voodoobluesman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:08 pm

Great result.

Some really aggressive forward play, coupled with a tight defence.

My MoM. Brad Collins.

More of the same please.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby fgr2016 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Absolutely storming performance. Thrilled. Defensively solid.

Some observations
1) Good to see the keeper looking confident again. Defense looked robust.

2) Hollis is looking like one heck of a signing. Was everywhere today.

3) Bray could be an excellent acquisition - Wish coming on as a sub highlighted that Wishart must learn how to defend.

4) Osbourne came off we didn't fall apart...?!? Clement looking like he will play a useful role...hopefully not at the cost of Collins as he's a cracking CM.

5) An ex-PE teacher in perfect Grubb was running the show. He to work on his final ball, Doidge was getting a bit frustrated with him..but no doubt that Grubb was vital today. KMB needs to take a long look in the mirror....the ex-PE teacher is showing the Arsenal academy graduate just what it is to play in that role.

6) Big shout to Pat Mountain ...anyone in the east stand could see he was putting his experience and expertise to good use in the technical area. Having staff that good at this level is going to make a big difference.

7) Said it before said it again, Reid might not score as many goals but his work will create a load of them. Very clever player indeed.

8) Must continue this JurgenPressin style of football...it seems to suit our lads far better! Good shout CandlL
fgr2016
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:15 pm

Great display across the park today.Grubb was doing so much damage down the left tbat Coventry swapped right backs after 30 minutes.Couple of great saves from Brad,solid defending,attacking midfield and Doidge n Reid ran their socks off.Happy days.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Jovial Forester » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Great to keep up that tempo with the shorter rest after the Wednesday away game. On to Newport, never gets easier!
The Jovial Forester
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:23 pm

Stick with that seection and we will make the Play-offs! :lol:

Very, very good persistence by all.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Jovial Forester » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:29 pm

Clearly a little team like Coventry will have struggled to handle the cauldron that is The New Lawn :lol:
The Jovial Forester
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:31 pm

We might have to rename it The Nou Lawn Camp
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Great result and performance. Really happy for the players, they worked extremely hard for that. It's a shame it's taken cooper 6 months to realise what we've all been saying for a while. Need to keep it up now.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:40 pm

Brilliant perfume, why haven't I seen that in the last 3 away games? Please change nothing.
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Philpot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:44 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:Brilliant, Brilliant win and the first ever double in the football league, can we play Coventry City every week.

Final completed team sheet for those who print out a copy: http://www.forestgreenroversfc.co.uk/id31.html

Attendance: 3623 (992 from Coventry)

Man-of-the-Match: Lee Collins

Well done the team, Manager and the supporters.

LM

Your maths is badly WRONG. There were loads of badly positioned Coventry fans in front of me and the wife in the East Stand. You can argue that it’s difficult to police but if you don’t police it you will get extra revenue on the day but in the long run you will alienate your own customers.
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Martin Toms » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:44 pm

Great win, Bray looks lively, what a strike from Collins!! 3POINTS!!
Martin Toms
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Jovial Forester » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:45 pm

garyjj wrote:Brilliant perfume...

Sweet smell of success?
The Jovial Forester
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Philpot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:45 pm

Norton Boy wrote:We might have to rename it The Nou Lawn Camp

Brilliant
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby phil2010 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Great win! Excellent to see the ball moved quickly all over the pitch and players (especially Grubb) running at the opposing defence. Much more urgency than earlier in season. Very encouraging signs of willingness to change direction.
phil2010
Trainee
Trainee

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:48 pm

Excellent performance today, especially by the back four. It highlights the folly of those who say we should be focusing all attention on the games against other sides at the bottom - all matches have three points on offer. I hope we set up at Newport the same way and play for more than a point.

If we can maintain this home form we should be good enough to stay up, but there is a very long way to go.

Had to laugh at Bob Hunt saying it was a clear penalty in his match report before caving in when interviewing MC. That was very funny. In all seriousness, 'great' to see MC continuing to keep the divide between him and us by refusing to acknowledge the South Stand at the end. Respect works both ways.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:52 pm

Very happy with that. Excellent game - very fast paced - and even better result. What's more I think we deserved it. I can only recall Brad having to make one tough save - which he did well - and we had chances to get a couple more. Their pen looked soft to me. Doing the double over a team who were in the premiership and the championship until 5-6 years ago is quite an advance over where we were 5-6 years ago.

My Motm would have been Gunning or Hollis. Both were immense at the back though all of the team played well and in Rawson, Grubb, Reid and maybe Bray too, we have January additions that have made our spine and goal threat much stronger. As confidence starts to come back - assuming we can continue to play decently as we did today (and for some of the previous three games) - we should be able to drag ourselves out of the mire. The number of teams reaching the likely safety threshold of 45-50 points is increasing but we only have to stay above two others and there are a few clubs having a rougher time than us atm.

So pleased for Lee Collins that he got that goal - he has worked his socks off all season and is a very good captain.

Grubb has as much goal threat as KMB but works twice as hard. We sometimes missed a bit of guile with Brown not in the team but Bray gave us a better balance and Grubb is stronger in the challenge. We rely too heavily on Osbourne when Brown and Grubb play together. After a nightmare first 15 minutes today, Osbourne was huge again and I hope he is fit for Newport.

Doidge looked absolutely knackered by the end but what a guy! He will get in the goals again soon and hopefully he will be vindicated in sticking with us. If we can stay up this season, who knows, maybe we can keep him and challenge for a pop at the playoffs next season. Getting ahead of myself in the euphoria.... on to Newport.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby mauler » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:58 pm

Agree with that Tommo, specially the bit about Doidge.

I don't mind having a few Coventry fans around - there were a respectful bunch around us in the South Stand - end of the day we are football fans (although some clubs I could mention create a different atmosphere).

Great performance from 1-11 or what ever numbers they go up to. Rawson was my favourite today- proper defending.

Very pleased - son off on his travels for a few months and this performance will keep him thinking in black and white stripes.

Covernty City For **** sake! we done them home and away!!!! Cheers
mauler
First Team
First Team

Postby twinkletoes » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:11 pm

Fantastic game, fantastic performance, fantastic result. Every FGR player 10/10
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team