Crewe & Barnet

All about our First Team

Crewe & Barnet

Postby Pitchfork » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:47 pm

Both lost tonight...so we're back up to 20th!
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Crewe & Barnet

Postby The Game Within » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:50 pm

And a game in hand over Crewe so our match against them next week is a big 6 pointer a big following would be nice.
The Game Within
First Team
First Team

Postby Lady Magpie » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Pitchfork wrote:Both lost tonight...so we're back up to 20th!

Barnet is still playing and we are equal 20th with Crewe, same points, goal difference and goals scored for and against. They have now played one game more than us.

Barnet now finished.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:01 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:

Barnet is still playing and we are equal 20th with Crewe, same points, goal difference and goals scored for and against. They have now played one game more than us.

Barnet now finished.

As we beat Crewe at home, we have been placed above them in the table.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Phil_mitchell » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:02 pm

A win or even a draw Saturday is huge. In my opinion all below and around will drop points this weekend some very tough games. 4/5 more wins will do it, tough ask but possible.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:03 pm

Pitchfork wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:

Barnet now finished.

As we beat Crewe at home, we have been placed above them in the table.

Correct we are 20th on the BBC sports page, my error.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foreign Green » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:09 pm

Must have been extremely bitter for Crewe. According to stats the possesion was 72-28 for them in the first half. The second half was more even. Finally in the 88th Shaun Miller made 1-0 for Crewe - but Exeter managed to score twice in the injury time. Stockley´s winner came in 95th minute.

Also Barnet went 1-0 up in the 50th. But Carlisle, who obviously were dominating, scored in the 70th, 82nd and 87th minute. So 1-3.

A rather good Tuesday for FGR, I would say!
Foreign Green
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Pitchfork » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:15 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:

A rare and only minor error LM

I believe if Crewe beat us 3-2 at their place and we were in 22nd and 23rd place at the end of the season ( same points, goals scored, goals conceded), then there would have to be a play off match to decide who would be relegated. This would be at a neutral ground.

I wonder if his has ever happened to determine who would be relegated, or to secure automatic promotion?
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:20 am

Stockley scored deep into added time against Crewe like he did against us in the Cup. A real kick in the guts for them considering they took the lead in the 88th minute.

And over on the Barnet forum I read Charlie Clough is playing (but not very well) at right back. That is clearly out of his comfort zone. But if he stays there for the game against us then Wishart should enjoy.
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:03 am

There's a long way to go yet and as pointed out above, Crewe were winning with minutes to go and Barnet were also winning.

Fine lines and it could have looked very different for FGR this morning.

It will be the same on Saturday and we will have to be 100% behind the team to get something from the game against playoff chasing Crawley.

Harry Kewell has turned them around and Mark has turned us around. It should be a good game. But blink or lash up a pass and it could have consequences for either club.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Philpot » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 am

cookiemonster wrote:Stockley scored deep into added time against Crewe like he did against us in the Cup. A real kick in the guts for them considering they took the lead in the 88th minute.

And over on the Barnet forum I read Charlie Clough is playing (but not very well) at right back. That is clearly out of his comfort zone. But if he stays there for the game against us then Wishart should enjoy.

Just watched the highlights of both games

Barnet were 1-0 up and then put a penalty a good 3 yards over the bar (actually higher than that I was being kind). Then let in 3 goals that were quite defendable.
As for Crewe. They lost it late on when there keeper didn’t come for a far Post chipped hanging cross that was headed in from 5 yards.

Both these teams are defending like us in our worst period before Christmas
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:06 am

Pitchfork wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:

A rare and only minor error LM

I believe if Crewe beat us 3-2 at their place and we were in 22nd and 23rd place at the end of the season ( same points, goals scored, goals conceded), then there would have to be a play off match to decide who would be relegated. This would be at a neutral ground.

I wonder if his has ever happened to determine who would be relegated, or to secure automatic promotion?

So a win at Crewe becomes even more crucial
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SkunkMan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:54 pm

I don't think anyone is necessarily safe or down yet, although I expect everyone from Yeovil upwards to survive. Barnet have won and drawn in their last four games (beating fifth placed Notts County), where as the form of Port Vale and Grimsby over the last five games is dire.

And of course, a couple of defeats on the bounce and we are very much dans la merde again. Averaging a point a game (13) from here on in might even just about keep us up, but IMHO we badly need some points from the next three games, as I don't think we will get many from Notts County, Accrington or Mansfield.

I do not see us beating Crawley (I have predicted we will lose), but a point would probably feel like a win, as it will be a fifth home game without defeat and looking at the fixture list and the clubs around us, some of the other results will probably go our way. I am feeling a little more positive than a few weeks ago, as much because of the level of performance we have been seeing as the actual points garnered.

I will not be able to make the final game of the season, so am dreaming of leaving TNL on 21st April with survival secured :D But my gut tells me there will be a lot riding on that home game against Grimsby though :shock:
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:55 pm

Hopefully only for Grimsby Skunkman - whilst Coops & the boys have their flip-flops & beach towels with them :lol:
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:25 pm

The home crowd for the game v Grimsby will be rockin'...........be there or be square !!. Reminds me of previous last games at the Old Lawn.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Postby Timb » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:53 pm

I agree with your first two paragraphs SM, bang on. But not your third. Crawley have improved but so have we beyond recognition.

Fair enough be worried about crawley but I'm quietly confident that crawley are more worried about us.

We've got the strength and the league two guile in our first team now, and also the ability to play football when needed as was apparent at the away game last year.

No more blind backheels and we'll be fine. Fine lines. And stick together as a team.

Looking forward to it.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Cumbrian » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:29 pm

I wonder where crewe would be if it weren't for their habit of conceding late goals.
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:45 pm

I'd wonder where we would be if we could score from corners.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:44 pm

The Cumbrian wrote:I wonder where crewe would be if it weren't for their habit of conceding late goals.

A little higher up the table I dare say.

And I wonder where we would be with a front three of Lionel Messi, Adebayo Akinfenwa and Hot Shot Hamish from Roy of the Rovers.
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Postby T50 BOS » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:10 am

Ok so after the earlier debate why are we not above Crewe in the league table on our own Home Page ???
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to FGR First Team