March a big month

All about our First Team

March a big month

Postby fgrbob » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:08 pm

March fixtures not for the faint hearted sandwiched between Crewe and Yeovil are Newport, Mansfield, Notts County and Accrington Stanley. I Would have feared this month only 6 weeks ago but now I am looking forward to them with interest
fgrbob
Youth
Youth

Re: March a big month

Postby tommyd » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:20 pm

All winnable games but also no easy games in this league. If we had had this squad playing these tactics from day one it would be capable of the playoffs imo. I definitely think we now have the quality but we're going to need a strong mentality, especially if we lose one or two but I think we've got more than enough and look a far more composed side these days.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Martin Toms » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:25 pm

I think the team is showing good form and looking good for safety. In fact if they continue in this vein I could see a comfortable lower mid table finish and something to build on for next season
Martin Toms
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:17 am

Read following post on the onefootballforum.
Not sure how much truth in it but the poster is not often wrong:

"Heard yesterday that cos the Pinnock money cleared late and the fact we threw a load of cash at Nobes to stay we were buggered by FFP over the summer which put Gunning, Rawson, Hollis and Reid, who were all targets, out of reach. If we had been able to get them in then instead of having to go for youngsters on loan we would have been top half by now."
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:04 am

Pretty sure at least a couple of those mentioned said in their interviews when signing that there had been interest from us last summer, so could well be some truth in that.

Seem to remember Notts reportedly offered Hollis plus cash when they were after Noble? Should have taken it, in hindsight.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team