MOTM

All about our First Team

Re: MOTM

Postby MarvinMorgan4England » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:12 am

Woking fan here. I thought it was a decent match today. shame about the result for us but i thought you edged it. Stuart Fleetwood impressed me and looked sharp and if it wasn't for young Ross Worner who was outstanding he would have had a hat-trick. You play some nice passing football and your two wingers Les Afful and Ismael Welsh were both dangerous.
I thought we did alright as well and could have got a couple more ourselves. Marvin Morgan should have done better when he blazed over and Hutch could have got a couple from set pieces. decent match overall good luck with the rest of your season FGR fans
MarvinMorgan4England
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Francorigo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:51 am

andyp wrote:My MOTM would have been Les. When Riggo was announced thought someone was having a laugh. I know football is about opinions, but for me he was shocking today (and today was a cameo of his season). He is slow, lightweight in the tackle, his movement is non existent and for a big man he cant jump.

Amazes me that, lets see what others think! Here are a few other quotes!

“JH sticking by Adriano is really paying off i think that is 5 goals in 5 games for him now and today really gave 100% “

“Riggo is coming good, today was his best performance this season, as I've said consistently he just needs time.”

“Okay then lets look at the facts...
1 goal
1 assists
Set up 3 one on ones for Fleets.
So he must have been shocking”

Obviously your not a Rigo fan then, considering he's been plagued by injury this season, actually only had i think its 8-9 starts, playing at about 85% fitness and having more shots than anyone else on the pitch and scoring 5 in 5, if you know Celi as a player you'll realise the long ball winning headers isn't his game, its the touches and the passing that he thrives on, anyway your obviously a football expert :D !!! LOL yeah right anyway, He's getting back to his old self and if I don't believe the play offs are finished with, if FGR want to push for the playoffs, Celi could really be a part of the drive that makes it happen and the link up with Fleets is coming good. He wants to bag double figures this season and score in every game in the last push, to me that says it all! :lol:
Francorigo
Youth
Youth

Postby greenstripe » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:30 am

Francorigo wrote:
andyp wrote:Obviously your not a Rigo fan then, considering he's been plagued by injury this season, actually only had i think its 8-9 starts, playing at about 85% fitness

The question is over a full season and over a full 90 minutes can he do enough?

Do we want to take a chance next season on a player who may well be missing for a good part of it? That’s a difficult decision for a manager with so few resources.

He does have the rest of the season to stake a claim for a new contract. Yesterday as reported else where he manage to challenge and sprint for the ball on a few occasions, yes he is slowly getting better.
I’m sure a fully fit Celi would be a very formidable player any Conference club would want, and hopefully he can get back to fitness before the end of the season, and shine for us.
subsisto verus
greenstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:18 am

When Beesley came back after his bad injury he initially loked half the player he had been previously. Players like Beesley and Celi play a difficult role just behind the striker where shapness and subtlety are all. That only comes with match fitness and practice so that the intuition they rely on becomes second nature again. Celi is going theough the same thing Beesley did with us. Lets have patience.

Celi is, like a number of the current team, playing for a contract next season. But if he doesn't get the support he needs during his rehabilitation then why would he seek one with us? I would imagine that the disloyalty some showed to Beesley during his recovery from injury was a factor in his departure and I heard some pretty disparaging remarks about celi in the stand yesterday even before he had kicked the ball.

Do we seriously think we can get someone beter than Celi at his best? We have to be patient and help him get back to that point.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bram65 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:55 am

Celi like any player has strengths and weaknesses.

He is not afraid to shoot and his vision and passing are outstanding.

His tackling is poor however I guess having suffered lengthy injuries you can understand why he may not want to get involved with the physical side of things.
Bram65
Youth
Youth

Postby Count Duckula » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:12 pm

I don't think Celi deserved man of the match yesterday but he did well. While I find him very frustrating to watch with the physical side of the game such as not going in for tackles or headers he does the technical side of the game very well. He provides good passes for Fleets and is the only player who actually shoots from outside the box. With his recent goals and assists we can't afford to leave him out.
Count Duckula
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Bram65 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:49 pm

Celi is a must start as he will score goals. He clearly needs games to get back to his peak and could be a great asset for our final play off push.

Fleets looks like he is back to his best which clearly will get people talking over the summer
Bram65
Youth
Youth

Postby MarvinMorgan4England » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:14 pm

Fleetwood looked really sharp yesterday. we couldn't handle him and it looks like he's getting back to better form.
MarvinMorgan4England
Trainee
Trainee

Postby jamsiep » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:16 pm

Bram65 wrote:Celi is a must start as he will score goals. He clearly needs games to get back to his peak and could be a great asset for our final play off push.

Fleets looks like he is back to his best which clearly will get people talking over the summer

I would not say that he was at his best, had he been though he could have scored three or four. His movement was good as was his positioning but lets not forget that he did miss three one on ones, which before Christmas he would have scored one or two from. Hopefully the late winner wil re-kindle his form in front of goal.
Adriano Rigoglioslow!!!
jamsiep
Youth
Youth

Postby jamsiep » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:17 pm

MarvinMorgan4England wrote:Fleetwood looked really sharp yesterday. we couldn't handle him and it looks like he's getting back to better form.

Dunno if it was the brilliance of fleets or the incompetence of your centre backs, who did not have the best of games.
Adriano Rigoglioslow!!!
jamsiep
Youth
Youth

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:31 pm

[quote="greenstripe"

The question is over a full season and over a full 90 minutes can he do enough?

Do we want to take a chance next season on a player who may well be missing for a good part of it? That’s a difficult decision for a manager with so few resources.

He does have the rest of the season to stake a claim for a new contract. Yesterday as reported else where he manage to challenge and sprint for the ball on a few occasions, yes he is slowly getting better.
I’m sure a fully fit Celi would be a very formidable player any Conference club would want, and hopefully he can get back to fitness before the end of the season, and shine for us.[/quote]

Non e un problema Adriano ... perche ti amiamo!
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bram65 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:52 am

The GK I thought was outstanding v Fleets I am not sure it was Fleets lack of form resulting in the ball not going in to the back of the net !
Bram65
Youth
Youth

Postby Silver Surfer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:14 am

Les for MOM for me. Best game I have ever seen him play. The Woking second half tactics were clearly to stop him at all costs. His work and talent to set up the first goal were breathtaking.

Lets also give Celli more support. He scores great goals and sets up excellent opportunities for Fleets. What more do you want? I wouldn't swap him for Bees.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:57 am

Bram65 wrote:The GK I thought was outstanding v Fleets I am not sure it was Fleets lack of form resulting in the ball not going in to the back of the net !

I'm inclined to agree with that. Fleets seems to be getting an understanding with Celi gradually - similar to that he had with Bees - and is getting into better positions again. He isn't back to best form yet thjough. The main indication of that for me is the amount of moaning at the linesmen and refs he does these days. I think too that his shirt removal was borne of relief that he is beginning to find some form again. I hope he stays at the end of the season although I suppose that is extremely unlikely.

One other good thing about the game was the ref. Others have mentioned that she had a good game and she did I thought (apart from Pitmans booking which was harsh). I was less convinced by the linesmen though.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Welsh Exile » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Perhaps Celi was lucky to get M.O.M. I thought Les put in another fine performance and Brough was commanding at the back.
As I have said once before Celi needs a run in the first team to show his worth. He is beginning to knock goals in now this is happening and in my opinion has always been a better goal scorer than Beesley. Another positive from Friday I felt was that Fleets is beginning to look his old self again. Could that be because Celi is doing the piecemeal work that Bees used to do and chances are now beginning to come his way?

Fleets could have had a hatrick on Friday accept for the outsanding form shown by their youthful keeper whose first one on one save was the best I've seen by any keeper this season.

So signs are looking good again, too late I fear for the play-offs but we should be looking at some good results to the end of the season.
Welsh Exile
Reserves
Reserves

Previous

Return to FGR First Team