Pitchfork’s Prediction Competition: 2018-19

All about our First Team

Pitchfork’s Prediction Competition: 2018-19

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Pitchfork’s Prediction Competition:
Season 2018-19

The Pitchfork competition will continue next season and will be the only prediction competition on forum. The Match Forecast thread will change/revert just to Match Stats.

Forecasting FGR results is and has been very popular on the forum for over a decade and it is hoped that as many posters will enter the Pitchfork Competition as there was in its hay day of well over 40 participants.
To encourage as many as possible there has been a reduction in entry fee, down to £10.

The rules have been changed to make it simpler to offer a forecast.
Next season all that will be required is a Win, Draw or Loss forecast [and those confident of their forecasting skills could use a Joker to double their score: although beware there is a penalty if you get it wrong.]

Extra points will also be awarded for attendances and goalscorers.

So just £10 to enter this FGR based fun competition. The money collected will be distributed as follow:

The predicta with highest score at end of season will get £1 for number of players in competition: ie 35 predictas = £35 winnings. Plus of course having name added to the Colin Gardner Shield.

As usual Pitchfork will sponsor a player’s shirt which will be shown in all FGR programmes.
Any money left over will be added to Supporter’s Club Funds.

Pitchfork’s Competition has always been fortunate in having sponsors for Monthly best points score. That will hopefully continue. Sponsors are asked to give £35 to be distributed as follows: Highest monthly score = £20, 2nd highest = £10 & 3rd highest = £5.

There are 9 monthly awards, so the competition is looking for nine generous FGR supporters.

For another £5 predictas will have opportunity to enter further FGR competitions.

1. Leading goalscorer for season and how many team score as a tie-breaker. [This season the competition will take advantage of the January transfer window and allow a change of goalscorer after window shuts].

2. The time of the first goal of season.

3. FGR’s final league position at end of season (and games lost as a tiebreaker).

[£15 to enter all competitions or £5 for those who just want to enter above three competitions]

And here we are again looking for three more generous FGR fans to sponsor the above three competitions. Obviously they are winner take all so I’m happy to accept any sponsorship that somebody feels appropriate and acceptable.

Please sign up on this thread and mention if you are happy to sponsor a competition or a month.
Those interested please leave cash/cheque [payable to FGR Supporters Club] in an envelope at club reception. Please address envelope Pichfork’s Predictions. Ta

Many thanks and hopefully we will get plenty of support next season.

COYR
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Pitchfork’s Prediction Competition: 2018-19

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:42 am

So we won't have the match by match, predict the score game? Instead it will be month by month predict the wins/losses/draws game?
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:13 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:So we won't have the match by match, predict the score game? Instead it will be month by month predict the wins/losses/draws game?

Yes, unless someone else wants to do a match-by-match game.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:33 am

I really enjoy the match by match game but I can imagine it takes work to compile the results every game!
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:I really enjoy the match by match game but I can imagine it takes work to compile the results every game!

Perhaps Tom should consider just running the 'match by match' game and dropping the monthly competition?

What do others think?
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Don't change because of me. I haven't done the monthly game yet, will be good to play that :)
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Pitchfork wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:I really enjoy the match by match game but I can imagine it takes work to compile the results every game!

Perhaps Tom should consider just running the 'match by match' game and dropping the monthly competition?

What do others think?

I'm happy to convert Pitchfork's competition to weekly.
Actually I would prefer to do that because I find it difficult to predict a result a month ahead.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:16 am

Just a reminder to all that next season's Pitchfork competition spreadsheets have already been written and that all required now is players. :D
I'm happy to accept cash/cheques [on behalf of SC] at next home match against Chesterfield.
The monies need to be inside an envelope with your name on outside plus what competitions you wish to enter.
I'm always standing by ticket office selling the magazines so am easy to spot. :oops:
As with everybody I'm really looking forward to next season's matches with hopefully FGR being amongst the promotion front runners.
COYR
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:53 am

Count me in OTC - whether your competition is weekly or monthly, I'm happy to participate.

Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into organising this season. Your pre match stats and tabulations are brilliant!
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:05 am

I'm in for another year.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:47 am

Count me in TOTC. Subs as below for the full competitions.

October 2017 competition:

Yes well done Fartvs Antiqvvs, Greeners, you are credited with £15 each. Also great effort from New Forest Rover taking 3rd place and a a fiver.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:43 am

Latest table showing winnings that is outstanding - all subs/sponsorship for 2017-18 now paid

1 Greeners winnings will be subs for 2018-19
2 Greeners jnr
3 OTC
4 John Whiffen - sponsoring FGR LEAGUE POSITION ALL PAID
5 Linfield Rovers £12.50 winnings towards next years subs for Linfield & Sam Reid
6 Redunited - All sponsorship paid
7 Pitchfork
8 Urban Spaceman - sponsoring APRIL- PAID
9 Silver Surfer £5 winnings
10 Voodoobluesman - sponsoring AUGUST ALL PAID March winnings £20 donated to Supporters Club
11 Fartvs Antiquus winnings for subs for 2018-19
12Simba - sponsoring FIRST EVER LEAGUE GOAL by FGR PAID ( non playing sponsor)
13 Roy of the Rovers £5 winnings Feb
14 Tommo - sponsoring SEPTEMBER PAID £30 in total winnings for next seasons subs & some sponsorship
15 Timb - sponsoring OCTOBER PAID
16 Freddy - sponsoring NOVEMBER PAID
17 Sparky - sponsoring GOALS - ALL PAID
18 Candy
19 smertens07929
20 onlineracingclub
21 NewForestRover£15 of winnings for subs 2018-19
Last edited by Pitchfork on Sat May 05, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:45 am

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Count me in TOTC. Subs as below for the full competitions.

October 2017 competition:

Yes well done Fartvs Antiqvvs, Greeners, you are credited with £15 each. Also great effort from New Forest Rover taking 3rd place and a a fiver.

Yes both of you have winnings carried forward as subs for 2018-19

Silver Surfer has £5 winnings so only owes £10 for subs
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:51 am

What's the difference between winnings and credit?
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:28 am

NewForestRover wrote:What's the difference between winnings and credit?

No difference NFR - anyone with credit or winnings, they are owed that money - in your case £25....congratulations, you made a profit on your first year in the prediction league.

If you play again you could use £15 for subs and you still get £10 in winnings. Either way let me know so you can have the money today or at the Grimsby game.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:11 am

I'm in.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:36 am

Me too please :)
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:53 pm

Pitchfork wrote:
NewForestRover wrote:What's the difference between winnings and credit?

No difference NFR - anyone with credit or winnings, they are owed that money - in your case £25....congratulations, you made a profit on your first year in the prediction league.

If you play again you could use £15 for subs and you still get £10 in winnings. Either way let me know so you can have the money today or at the Grimsby game.

Thanks Pitchfork.

I will use the £15 for subs. I'm not at the match today so will collect the rest from you next Saturday.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:48 am

So, already 'signed on' for OTC's competition for 2018-19 are:

If your subs are paid you are green ( if you have paid OTC, he may not have passed the information to me)

1. New Forest Rover
2. Tomiswalking - welcome to the competition for the first time
3. Timb
4. Fartvs Antiqvvs
5. Silver Surfer - just a fiver outstanding
6. Greeners
7. Pitchfork
8. Greeners Junior
9. Tommo & £15 TOWARDS SPONSORSHIP
10 Sam Reid
11 Linfield
Last edited by Pitchfork on Sat May 05, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome :) really excited. I will find OTC before Grimsby and pay up.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team