New Kit?!

All about our First Team

Re: New Kit?!

Postby Tommo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:14 am

The stars denote ambition - what's wrong with that?

I can understand kids being embarrassed about wearing League 2 kit not Premiership (they shouldn't be but I recvall what it was like not being associated with top success at that age) but why do the stars matter?

Anyway, they are there and that's that.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Troymaboy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:37 am

I'm a new fan and have been following for few years now, I think the kit is awesome and the stars don't bother me. If people laugh at the stars il get over it haha.
Troymaboy
Trainee
Trainee

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:50 am

Troymaboy wrote:I'm a new fan and have been following for few years now, I think the kit is awesome and the stars don't bother me. If people laugh at the stars il get over it haha.

Thanks for support Troymaboy and welcome to the forum.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Troymaboy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:54 am

The Old TomCat wrote:
Troymaboy wrote:I'm a new fan and have been following for few years now, I think the kit is awesome and the stars don't bother me. If people laugh at the stars il get over it haha.

Thanks for support Troymaboy and welcome to the forum.

Thanks can't wait to visit the new lawn this month.
Troymaboy
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Jamal Lacoste » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:05 am

The black away kit is absolutely sensational.
63* forever.
Jamal Lacoste
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:33 pm

I think the shirts look great. A good job by Hummel and at least FGR have them ready for the season opener.

Poor Telford cannot do their photo shoot planned for tonight and it doesn't look like they'll be playing in their bespoke Hummel home shirt on Saturday. They'll either be in their hummel second or third kit.

"AFC Telford United have today received confirmation from Fortis Sport and Hummel UK that our 2018/19 home shirt will not be delivered before the start of the season. " Today being 2nd August.

The star thing seems a bit naff to me but yet there is no denying it serves as a means to raise the profile of the club and a route into the carbon neutral, sustainability & other values.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby RJBora » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:01 pm

Well if you want to look at the stars a different way, consider them as DV putting pen to paper (ink to fabric?) that he is committed to the long haul as far as investing in the club. I see it as a statement that he isn't pulling his funding from this project any time soon. While many will see that as a positive I am sure some will see that as a negative. Well, for them there's always Salford City...
"Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic." ~ Tryon Edwards, 1891
RJBora
Reserves
Reserves

Postby tommyd » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:39 pm

RJBora wrote:Well if you want to look at the stars a different way, consider them as DV putting pen to paper (ink to fabric?) that he is committed to the long haul as far as investing in the club. I see it as a statement that he isn't pulling his funding from this project any time soon. While many will see that as a positive I am sure some will see that as a negative. Well, for them there's always Salford City...

I’m sure Dale is committed but I don’t think things like this help. It smacks of arrogance and is the reason we are the second most hated team in the league. Now that might not matter to some people but it does give teams an extra incentive to beat us. If there’s one thing worse than sore losers it’s bad winners and if there’s anything worse than that it’s people who act like bad winners who haven’t won anything!
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:14 pm

The second most hated? How do you measure that? Who are the most hated?
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:The second most hated? How do you measure that? Who are the most hated?

Mk dons are. There was a poll of league 2 supporters. Us and MK a long way in front... MK a fair way in front of us too to be fair.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby C F Wilder » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:26 pm

That clears up the 3 stars, 1 shaded in on the season ticket (swipe card thingy) mystery. Ive asked a fair few fans ( both plastic and the real deal) and none of em knew. I thought maybe it was an elitist thing going on.
C F Wilder
Trainee
Trainee

Postby chelsearover » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:28 pm

Who conducted this poll and how was it conducted, and was everyone who goes to league two matches asked, I certainly wasn't,
chelsearover
First Team
First Team

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:36 pm

chelsearover wrote:Who conducted this poll and how was it conducted, and was everyone who goes to league two matches asked, I certainly wasn't,

Only a few hundred took part on a League Two website, 3 times as many people 'hated' MK Dons than FGR. Like all such polls they do not accurately reflect the thoughts of most football fans.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Third shirt to be worn Saturday pale blue black writing. Not as good as the other two in my opinion.
On phone so can't post the link.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR_Media » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:42 pm

FGR has launched a new third kit that will be worn for the opening game of the season against Grimsby this Saturday amid continued delays from Hummel.

The club has also launched pre-orders for all three shirts today, which are only available from the club’s official online store – https://shop.fgr.co.uk/ - priced at just £40 for adults and £25 for kids.

And before you ask… the third kit will also have the three stars!

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/2018/fgr-lau ... ders-begin
FGR_Media
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Norton Boy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Just tried to preorder a shirt Will and it said i couldn't as they are out of stock :lol:

Scratch that, just gone back on and it is now working
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Because, after all, we are famous for being the "Sky Blues".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:03 pm

Is the training kit available to order yet?
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Norton Boy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:09 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:Is the training kit available to order yet?

Its not on the website just the 3 first team strips.Having problems with that as well as you can't personalize your shirt, but you could 10 minutes ago
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:23 pm

Pitchfork wrote:
chelsearover wrote:Who conducted this poll and how was it conducted, and was everyone who goes to league two matches asked, I certainly wasn't,

Only a few hundred took part on a League Two website, 3 times as many people 'hated' MK Dons than FGR. Like all such polls they do not accurately reflect the thoughts of most football fans.

Wether you care or not is obviously up to you but if you are given or have seen evidence (seems like we’ve seen two different polls with the same results btw) and continue to deny something then obviously you have made your mind up, much like the flat earth society and climate change deniers...
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team