New Kit?!

All about our First Team

Re: New Kit?!

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Tommo wrote:The stars denote ambition - what's wrong with that?

I can understand kids being embarrassed about wearing League 2 kit not Premiership (they shouldn't be but I recvall what it was like not being associated with top success at that age) but why do the stars matter?

Anyway, they are there and that's that.

The stars matter, Tommo, because a 10 year old can deduce what is cringeworthy. Across various forums supporters of every EFL and NL club are laughing at us! And with good reason. Pretty much every club has ambitions of getting higher up the league structure, but do they have have these damn star things on their shirts? :lol: I don't actually see what they have to do with FGR. It's more about one man's ego.

It is a real shame as without the dumb stars the kit would be truly fantastic.
king giraffe III

Postby Troymaboy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:45 pm

While on topic of the new kit,
Anybody know if the shirts will be fitted so get a size bigger maybe ?
Troymaboy
Trainee
Trainee

Postby FGR_Media » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:49 pm

Norton Boy wrote:
20yrs and counting wrote:Is the training kit available to order yet?

Its not on the website just the 3 first team strips.Having problems with that as well as you can't personalize your shirt, but you could 10 minutes ago

We have had to take this functionality down this evening as it was causing problems for those not wanting personalised kits. We will be addressing it as soon as possible and hope to have personalisation back available as soon as the issue is identified and fixed.
FGR_Media
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Norton Boy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:53 pm

FGR_Media wrote:
Norton Boy wrote:
20yrs and counting wrote:Is the training kit available to order yet?

Its not on the website just the 3 first team strips.Having problems with that as well as you can't personalize your shirt, but you could 10 minutes ago

We have had to take this functionality down this evening as it was causing problems for those not wanting personalised kits. We will be addressing it as soon as possible and hope to have personalisation back available as soon as the issue is identified and fixed.

Thanks for letting us know, hopefully fixed soon as looking forward to the new shirts.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Mid Gloucestershire League. North Gloucestershire League. Stroud League. Dursley and District League. Gloucestershire Northern Senior League. Gloucestershire County League. Hellenic League. Southern League Midland Division. Southern League Southern Division. Southern League Premier Division. Conference. EFL 2.

I make that 13 stars.

EFL 1. Championship. Premier League.

I make that 3 stars to go not 2.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:09 pm

The third kit looks like a "Hummel what do you have available for Saturday?" rather than anything particularly thought through.

The badge looks all wrong on it. If you go to AFC Telford United's website and then the club shop, the away (blue) and third kit (red) shirt they each have the club badge toned into colour to the shirt. They have both been worn in PSFs and the blue will be played in at home on Saturday to Southport.

Having said all that Charlton have got the same badge on all three kits and it looks even worse on their third kit.

I think it would look better with a black and white version of the badge along the lines of the one that Old Tom Cat has on his cap. Guess it depends on how much you want to compromise the badge Or maybe it's that I just don't like the sky blue as a standard off the shelf third kit.
Last edited by Mothy on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby SkunkMan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:03 pm

king giraffe III wrote:
Tommo wrote:The stars denote ambition - what's wrong with that?

I can understand kids being embarrassed about wearing League 2 kit not Premiership (they shouldn't be but I recvall what it was like not being associated with top success at that age) but why do the stars matter?

Anyway, they are there and that's that.

The stars matter, Tommo, because a 10 year old can deduce what is cringeworthy. Across various forums supporters of every EFL and NL club are laughing at us! And with good reason. Pretty much every club has ambitions of getting higher up the league structure, but do they have have these damn star things on their shirts? :lol: I don't actually see what they have to do with FGR. It's more about one man's ego.

It is a real shame as without the dumb stars the kit would be truly fantastic.

Brutal, but true. The stars are beyond naff in my opinion. Do we REALLY need a statement of our ambition printed on our shirts, are not every football club outside the Premiership trying to get promoted? Why don’t we just have the word ‘ball’ printed on the ball in case anyone is unsure what we are playing? A lower league club who want to get promoted? Surely not? What’s the world coming too?!? #statingthefreakinobvious
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:53 am

Ok.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:26 am

Nope still failing to see how people can get so upset about a tiny detail on the back of the shirt and i certainly couldn't give a monkeys about what other clubs fans think of it or us either.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:37 am

Mothy wrote:The third kit looks like a "Hummel what do you have available for Saturday?" rather than anything particularly thought through.

The badge looks all wrong on it. If you go to AFC Telford United's website and then the club shop, the away (blue) and third kit (red) shirt they each have the club badge toned into colour to the shirt. They have both been worn in PSFs and the blue will be played in at home on Saturday to Southport.

Having said all that Charlton have got the same badge on all three kits and it looks even worse on their third kit.

I think it would look better with a black and white version of the badge along the lines of the one that Old Tom Cat has on his cap. Guess it depends on how much you want to compromise the badge Or maybe it's that I just don't like the sky blue as a standard off the shelf third kit.

I should have said I suspect the need for a third kit from the Hummel standard range was a result of the poor service by Hummel UK i.e nothing to wear on Saturday as presumably we would have worn the home kit?

To have Charlton, Telford and FGR all not have their kits ready for Saturday is bad regardless of how great the two bespoke FGR shirts and bespoke Telford home shirt look. I'm sure all three clubs will have ensured they are suitably compensated.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby NewForestRover » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:31 am

To order a new shirt you can only choose between the sizes S, M, L etc. but I can't find any clothing measurements anywhere in the club shop.

Sizing can differ depending on supplier and unisex items need chest measurements!

Can somebody look into this please.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:34 am

Another problem today is not being able to order EFL badges for your shirt whilst yesterday you could
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:12 pm

Blimey!

Guess who?
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Main Stander » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:20 pm

Can the club confirm if they are going to be doing baby kits please?
Main Stander
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGRWill » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:45 pm

We've asked Hummel....
FGRWill
Reserves
Reserves

Postby SkunkMan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:11 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:Blimey!

Guess who?

Well, a tattoo is a pretty permanent statement of Dales ambition, seemingly :shock:
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." Vinny Jones
SkunkMan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:37 pm

Blimey-the manager is seriously unhappy with Hummel-thats twice in two weeks he has criticised them.

today-even names /blames and shames personnel within Hummel-

a very upset Mr C over Hummel -not sure i have heard a manager be so vociferous ,forthright and angry over a football kit before !
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby RJBora » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:05 pm

michael wrote:Blimey-the manager is seriously unhappy with Hummel-thats twice in two weeks he has criticised them.

today-even names /blames and shames personnel within Hummel-

a very upset Mr C over Hummel -not sure i have heard a manager be so vociferous ,forthright and angry over a football kit before !

Well in fairness, have you ever known an apparel supplier to not be able to deliver a team's kit by the start of the season before?
"Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic." ~ Tryon Edwards, 1891
RJBora
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Mothy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Coops isn't the only one. Telford's Chairman not too chuffed either and commented to the press that it's the first time he can recall in club's history of not having the home shirt for first home game of the season “It’s embarrassing and Hummel know I’m embarrassed by it. Hummel know my anger, but there’s not a lot I can do about it.

“All I can say is that we’re working damn hard to put it right for next home game, which is a week on Tuesday against Brackley Town.

“I’m in contact with Hummel every day and I want to give a definitive answer on Monday or Tuesday. I apologise to everyone who was looking forward to the shirt.”

Telford are not the only side affected – Charlton Athletic have had to delay the release of their Hummel strips while Forest Green Rovers wore a specially-launched third jersey today

Above are extracts from Shropshire Star newspaper.
https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/afc-telford-united/2018/08/04/andy-pryce-afc-telford-kit-delay-is-embarrassing/
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby RJBora » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:41 pm

Yup, bad bad PR for Hummel and they will find it hard to recover from this. Teams aren't going to want to go back to them. I wonder if we will consider breaking our 2 year contract.
"Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic." ~ Tryon Edwards, 1891
RJBora
Reserves
Reserves

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team