New Kit?!

All about our First Team

Re: New Kit?!

Postby king giraffe III » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:07 pm

View From The Pitch wrote:I can’t belive the club haven’t already told Hummel to do one. I would have approached another kit maker straight away and got this shambles sorted. Not only does it look bad on Hummel but it looks just as bad on FGR. The club need to bite the bullet and get the kit from someone else. Shambles all round.

Have patience. The league table doesn't settle down until 20 matches in.
"I just don't know what went wrong!"
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Telford saying they will be in their new bespoke hummel home shirt tomorrow night (Tuesday).Let's see if Hummel deliver! No news on replica kits.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby tommyd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:45 pm

SkunkMan wrote:
tommyd wrote:What I don’t understand is how they couldn’t get the green and black ready in time but managed to get a whole new blue kit ready?

I believe it’s because the blue kit is an ‘off the peg’ design which has already been produced, where as our home and away kits were ‘bespoke’ designs.

Ah yes, that makes sense, cheers.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Breaking news........Hummel have announced the new kit will be with the club by Christmas. They just didn't say which Christmas. :D

What an utter shambles this famous club forced to play in light blue. Mind you thinking about it you could say this famous club forced to play in green and black but that would be old school and controversial. Damn, did I say that out loud.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:34 pm

i also note the hummell name is depicted upside down on the official website.

thnigs happen in business-and i am sure DV and ecotricity incur problems every day of the week; and in the football business,it would not be the first time that a kit arrives late; but what with the upside down stuff and public naming and shaming;it appears to me that hummell have very seriously upset someone here , way beyond the simple kit no show
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Philpot » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:56 am

Dale will use this to the clubs financial advantage in one way or another
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby j17tjp » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:35 am

FGR have this kit for 2 years remember, so missing a few games must be easier than scrapping the whole thing & finding a new supplier.
I imagine FGR will get some sort of compensation for the delays, plus lost income from short sales.
j17tjp
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:55 am

Telford received it for tonight Mothy?
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Telford received it for tonight Mothy?

I'll post an update as soon as I see what they walk out in tonight.
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby tommyd » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:05 pm

michael wrote:i also note the hummell name is depicted upside down on the official website.

thnigs happen in business-and i am sure DV and ecotricity incur problems every day of the week; and in the football business,it would not be the first time that a kit arrives late; but what with the upside down stuff and public naming and shaming;it appears to me that hummell have very seriously upset someone here , way beyond the simple kit no show

From what I can gather it’s not so much that it’s just late it’s that they keep promising it will arrive and then it doesn’t. I don’t think dale would be as upset if they were a bit more clear in their communication. Obviously that is just my opinion.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:18 pm

tommyd wrote:
michael wrote:i also note the hummell name is depicted upside down on the official website.

From what I can gather it’s not so much that it’s just late it’s that they keep promising it will arrive and then it doesn’t. I don’t think dale would be as upset if they were a bit more clear in their communication. Obviously that is just my opinion.

I think you are right based on yesterday's FaceBook post where he wonders if Hummel is Danish for broken promises and talks about the advertising signs being upside down in protest at the issues the club has faced.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Mothy wrote:
Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Telford received it for tonight Mothy?

I'll post an update as soon as I see what they walk out in tonight.

The Bucks are in their new bespoke Hummel Home Shirts, as voted for from a choice of three desogns. Will they be lucky shirts?
#WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby andymac26 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:57 pm

So presumably Telford ordered theirs before us? If not, I'd be taking legal advice myself....
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Relax. The blue kit seems to work just fine!
cookiemonster
Reserves
Reserves

Postby tommyd » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:47 pm

Apparently under the efl rules you’re only allowed to play one home game in your non registered colours/kit a season so if we don’t get our kit by next Tuesday we break the rules...
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:08 pm

tommyd wrote:Apparently under the efl rules you’re only allowed to play one home game in your non registered colours/kit a season so if we don’t get our kit by next Tuesday we break the rules...

Isn't the blue registered as our third kit.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners Jnr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:31 pm

tommyd wrote:Apparently under the efl rules you’re only allowed to play one home game in your non registered colours/kit a season so if we don’t get our kit by next Tuesday we break the rules...

Surely if worst came to worst there must be some of last seasons around somewhere!
Geronimo!!!!!!!
Greeners Jnr
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGRWill » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Here's a little update from Dale - he spoke to Mark Cummings on BBC Radio Gloucestershire breakfast this AM.

https://www.facebook.com/dale.vince/vid ... 173467092/

Also - the blue kit is our league registered third kit, and given the current problems and broken promises we're in regular dialogue with the EFL. Don't worry about a nude Gav Gunning on Saturday.

Will
FGRWill
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:07 pm

It begs the question though FGRWill, Is it a Hummel 3rd kit or a cobbled together one? If it is a genuine Hummel, how did that come about when the other 2 are still unavailable?
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Whats the latest news about our kit ?.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext