72 points.

All about our First Team

72 points.

Postby FootieMan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Using my vast experience (cough) and that half our fixtures have been played 23 (39 points) my overall view of the second half will be harder and my conservative opinion is to gain 33 points making a total of 72 points.

Based on recent years that may well leave the club agonisingly one place short of the Play Offs.

Being sensible and applying your knowledge what is your thoughts of our points total?

Hopefully give fans something constructive to post about.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Re: 72 points.

Postby michael » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:30 pm

my overall view of the second half will be harder

you are probably correct ,so with your 'vast experience' , would you care to briefly be a bit more specific as to why you think the second half of season will be harder ?

Hopefully give fans something constructive to post about.

nah -tickets -whinge
bans -whinge
no noise -whinge
half time not correctly called-whinge
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:39 pm

FootieMan wrote:Using my vast experience (cough) and that half our fixtures have been played 23 (39 points) my overall view of the second half will be harder and my conservative opinion is to gain 33 points making a total of 72 points.

Based on recent years that may well leave the club agonisingly one place short of the Play Offs.

No it won't. We will be agonisingly short and then make last ditch jump to make 3rd automatic. :ugeek:

PS. 88 points!
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:44 pm

Being sensible .

did you miss that bit in FM's post FA when you went for 88 points ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Stick!
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:56 pm

No reason the club can't have a better second half like last season. Improving the squad in the transfer window is the key.

The team have impressed more as the season has gone on. Replacing draws has paid dividends, despite a few losses.
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:03 pm

The harder bit might be playing Mansfield twice who look a good bet to win the league. Also we play all of the 6 teams above us at home and currently our home form is so much worse than away. But I think we can improve, my prediction is 4th 82 points
Last edited by lovejoy2 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Timely post Footieman, hope it focuses minds on what happens on the pitch.

FootieMan wrote:Using my vast experience (cough) and that half our fixtures have been played 23 (39 points) my overall view of the second half will be harder and my conservative opinion is to gain 33 points making a total of 72 points.

Being sensible and applying your knowledge what is your thoughts of our points total?

Using my experience of watching all but a couple of this seasons games, my opinion is that we have a very capable squad who play consistently well.

With more firepower arriving in the January window, I believe we will win more games and remain in the play off positions for almost all the remainder of the season. We will be on the verge of 'automatics', but not quite succeed in being there at the end of the season. But I love the play offs and we could end up playing Bury!

So 44 more points, 83 in total. 4th.

Relevant to look at predictions for our position at the end of the season. Well done to those who predicted 8th and above

3rd (7 lost) stewjacksam
4th (10 lost) Glen
5th ( 8 lost) Fartvs
6th (15 lost) It is now
7th (11 lost) New Forest Rover
7th (12 lost) smertens
8th (10 lost) greeners junior
8th (12 lost) candy
8th (15 lost) Old Tom Cat
9th (18 lost) Redunited
10th (15 lost) Kentstripe
12th (17 lost) Pitchfork, (16 lost) John Whiffen, (18 lost) Michael
13 (16 lost) Linfield
16th Redrobin
17th (21 lost ) Tommo
18th (20 lost) Silver Surfer
18th (22 lost) Voodooblesman
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Philpot » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:12 pm

We are gonna win the league and the entire summer will be bliss fairyland
Believe and it can happen if you want it enough
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:14 pm

Bugger! I underestimated you stew. ;)

Certainly livened up the forum now F/M. :lol:
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:50 pm

My gut feeling is that we'll improve. The squad has gelled.

Will those around us improve, strengthen more or fall away?

Injuries or rather staying injury free will play a major part.

Acquisitions will improve rather than distract.

Overall I'd say FM's points tally estimate is on the low side.

Tomorrow will be a tough game. Chelt's are improving, we need to stay on top of our game and not get pressed like last time. All 11 players will need to be 110%

Looking forward to it.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FootieMan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:40 am

Pitchfork wrote: Timely post Footieman, hope it focuses minds on what happens on the pitch

Many thanks for that quote Pitchfork but once again anything remotely sensible has been superseded by constant drivel by other threads and posts, so they take centre stage. This constant bickering has meant many have stopped using the forum.

Someone said does the IGNORE button still exist, well after I post this I am hitting the button on the WHOLE of the FORUM.

Since the Club was elevated to League Two the quality of threads and many individual posts leave me cold. Over the 20'years I worked for FGR of course we had a clash or two and most clubs do but it has reached a stage now where quite frankly it is boring and unproductive. I can chat better with other club supporters than many on here!

Sorry to sound so sanctimonious but it's how I truly see it at this time and don't see 2019 being any better, even if some make it a New Years resolution to chamber their attitude. Many don't help themselves and that includes both sides of the fence. The majority of threads seem to be hijacked for personal vendettas and the initial subject matter of the thread is no longer valid and therefore irrelevant to anyone who would like to genuinely contribute.

Perhaps it is time for the Club to consider closing this forum and so allowing fans to debate elsewhere than here? The Club could open up a sub menu on the official website for Q & A between fans and the club. We used to have one before and it worked very well IMHO.

Best wishes and catch a few of you at games, as and when. It is good to talk in a sensible and constructive manner.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby Foggy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:08 am

FootieMan wrote:
Perhaps it is time for the Club to consider closing this forum and so allowing fans to debate elsewhere than here? The Club could open up a sub menu on the official website for Q & A between fans and the club. We used to have one before and it worked very well IMHO.

This forum is far more respectful and moderate than one or two others that I have visited. Removing it totally would punish the vast majority who are capable of reasoned debate, who don't enter into the drama caused by a minority or single out members of the club or supporters for directed insults. Far better that the forum continues, rather than drive the users elsewhere, as when used for its intented purpose it is quite good most of the time.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:18 am

I agree with foggy. I have get lots from this forum. Just look at the amazing statistics, great photos, and news updates about the Cheltenham match.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:27 am

Why should the club close the forum, it's one of the best around and contains far less bickering or trolling then most others. Recently some people have been upset about certain events and have been vocal about it which surely they have every right to do, or is free speech not allowed anymore?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:28 am

Some of us rely on this forum to keep in touch with others and keep in touch with what's happening at the club. Even more so if we're some distance away.

So the suggestion of closing it down is the worst idea I've ever heard.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:36 am

Would it help if moderators simply removed any posts which drifted off thread? Would this be perceived by some as excessive censorship?
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:51 am

Yep
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:03 am

This thread is also being hijacked.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:15 am

Im thinking in the 60's but if coops gets it right and a new striker settles in quickly who knows!?
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to FGR First Team