Losing the dressing-room ?.

For chat about all other topics

Losing the dressing-room ?.

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Martin Keown recently wrote this article about Jose M at Man. Utd. " He is in danger of losing the dressing-room, he has slated his players in recent weeks, and what must the players be thinking when he is effectively saying they are not good enough. Watch him in the dug-out and you see him reeling away when a player misses a pass. Do you think the players cannot see it ?. There needs to be more togetherness but at the moment it feels like us and them. He is obsessed with success but is pushing his players too hard ". At which club does that seem to also be?.
GETCARTER
First Team
First Team

Re: Losing the dressing-room ?.

Postby Foggy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:12 pm

Where I sit in the main stand isn't too far from the away dug out, sort of above and to the left, so I get a reasonable view of how away managers conduct themselves. The ones that stand out for me aren't necessarily the shouters but those who make fine tweaks to their team as the game evolves, one has to assume that they have done the hard work on the practice pitch. A few stand out for me, Paul Tisdale is excellent and you can tell his players enjoy playing for him, but one stands out and that is Chris Kinnear at Dover. I believe he is a teacher by profession and that is his demeanour, someone who is nurturing and encouraging, not prone to angry outbursts...I can remember on one occasion seeing him chatting with our fans at the front of the stand who use wheelchairs. I know you don't win prizes for making friends with the opposition, but he seemed adept at getting more out of his Dover side than the sum of its parts. I can't imagine Kinnear ever losing a dressing room.

There are of course many managerial styles, as with every occupation, the trick of a good manager is to adjust yours to get the best out of your team...that is what we need now!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Theoperator » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:25 pm

How funny Foggy, Kinnear came to my mind as well, others perhaps are John Still and Alan Devonshire.
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:18 am

You are right about CK-albeit i think age /maturity is a factor.

Interestingly-CK 'suffered' for about 3 seasons the same accusations of nepotism, when he use to play CK jnr in midfield.
apart from recent weeks-where it has got ridiculous and nasty; CK and CK jnr took similar jibes from many dover fans that messrs cooper and cooper receive today
it goes with the territory.

As they are my 'third team (schooled in dover ) i take a big interest in how dover are doing, and i can't remember either of the Kinnears publicly making any statement about the abuse they received.
that is not to say staying silent is the right thing to do (although i think it is ) but it is a bit different to how MC often reacts to the situation
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:06 am

Foggy wrote: getting more out of his Dover side than the sum of its parts.

That’s management.

The question is how does MC develop beyond the petulant controller? He needs help; not on the transfer window, but in how to manage the parts to make more.

DV could well be a petulant controller too, which would explain his rapport with MC. Here, now, something different is required to get us up the table.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Last time I went to FGR the dressing room was between Wet Terrace and the South Stand?
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:50 pm

LOL.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:57 pm

twoguns wrote:Last time I went to FGR the dressing room was between Wet Terrace and the South Stand?

Phew, i thought the dressing room was going out on loan or that Cardiff had put in an offer for it. :lol:
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat