Political on entrance to ground.

For chat about all other topics

Political on entrance to ground.

Postby Charlie5football » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:53 pm

Disappointed today to see a political board on the entrance to the ground today v Plymouth. Politics and sport should not be mixed a bad decision by the club.
Charlie5football
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Political on entrance to ground.

Postby Too occasional fan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:59 am

Was it for a party in the election or a concept?
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:12 am

It was a party poster with "David Drew" in large letters.
I must admit that I was surprised and rather disappointed to see it at the entrance to Another Way underneath the "Next Game" board,
And I'm not making a party-political comment here - just a point of principle.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Freddy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:39 am

Probably left over from David Drew's launch of Labours Green Industrial revolution and climate crisis plans, held on 4th November in the CE suite. You come across this all the time, posters being put up by people and never taken down again.
Freddy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:49 am

True. I took the quiz night posters down yesterday...
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:39 pm

stanman wrote:It was a party poster with "David Drew" in large letters.
I must admit that I was surprised and rather disappointed to see it at the entrance to Another Way underneath the "Next Game" board,
And I'm not making a party-political comment here - just a point of principle.

I think it was last GE that the farmer who owns field above TNL had huge posters VOTE TORY. :lol:
Also at another away ground [forget which one] had a permanent poster for that areas MP.
I'm not bothered about posters. I will make my mind on which candidate I'll vote for without help from these political images.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bronco » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:05 pm

Freddy wrote:Probably left over from David Drew's launch of Labours Green Industrial revolution and climate crisis plans, held on 4th November in the CE suite. You come across this all the time, posters being put up by people and never taken down again.

So two weeks ago?

Take the thing down
Bronco
First Team
First Team

Postby cornishman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:50 pm

I support this club BECAUSE it is not owned by the usual kind of capitalist crook. Let's have more David Drew posters, not fewer. He is a brilliant local MP and one of the few who is not out for personal power and money. Of course football is political. Almost every major derby match has ideological implications: thus my support for Barca against Real Madrid, Celtic against Rangers, Inter against AC Milan, Scotland, Wales or Ireland against England.

As a Chelsea fan, I can just about stomach a Russian owner for nostalgic reasons. However, if he sells the club to Jim Ratcliffe of INEOS, I will stop watching them. Capitalist, Tory, Brexiteer, major polluter. No thanks.
cornishman
Youth
Youth

Postby andymac26 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:02 pm

cornishman wrote:I support this club BECAUSE it is not owned by the usual kind of capitalist crook. Let's have more David Drew posters, not fewer. He is a brilliant local MP and one of the few who is not out for personal power and money. Of course football is political. Almost every major derby match has ideological implications: thus my support for Barca against Real Madrid, Celtic against Rangers, Inter against AC Milan, Scotland, Wales or Ireland against England.

As a Chelsea fan, I can just about stomach a Russian owner for nostalgic reasons. However, if he sells the club to Jim Ratcliffe of INEOS, I will stop watching them. Capitalist, Tory, Brexiteer, major polluter. No thanks.

Spot on. You deserve a pint of 'proper job' for this post cornishman.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Today I went to garden centre at Whitminster and passed where the new Eco Park will be built.
On a thundering great big scaffolding platform was a double poster for David Drew.
Caught my eye although much was obscured by branches.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat