Brexit

For chat about all other topics

Re: Brexit

Postby redrobin » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:55 pm

Enjoyed reading your debate on here.
A lot talking sense .
On the Last point on Trump if you talk to any sensible American , they will tell you that Trump is a complete tool
Plenty of Pick ups with Trump/Pence stickers on tho :roll:
.. and without trying to sound condescending,... honestly... I m thinking absolutely same scenario here re the likes of Farage ect.
Oh , you can put BOJO in that barrel as well.
..whats wrong with the truth these day !!!!
can't beat a good rib - eye !
redrobin
Reserves
Reserves

Postby paulK » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:32 pm

Pooh laments Brexit

paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:42 pm

Brexit Party MEPs turn their backs in European Anthem at opening session of European Parliament

Embarrassing and somewhat childish. It will no doubt tempt other countries to do the same when they hear our anthem...although I think they are more grown up than that.

In 1926, the Nazi Party deputies turn their backs on the speaker in the Berlin Reichstag. I wonder if they see any comparison?
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:57 pm

Pitchfork wrote:Brexit Party MEPs turn their backs in European Anthem at opening session of European Parliament

Embarrassing and somewhat childish. It will no doubt tempt other countries to do the same when they hear our anthem...although I think they are more grown up than that.

In 1926, the Nazi Party deputies turn their backs on the speaker in the Berlin Reichstag. I wonder if they see any comparison?

Or is it, as some might have it, role reversal ;)
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Pitchfork wrote:Brexit Party MEPs turn their backs in European Anthem at opening session of European Parliament

UKip did exactly same when they represented UK in Brussels.
Nothing new and nothing to get wound up about.

My favourite bit a EU drama involved the late Rev Ian Paisley who had to be physically manhandled out of the chamber while shouting at top of his voice when Pope John Paul was making an address.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to General Chat