Brexit

For chat about all other topics

Re: Brexit

Postby andymac26 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:11 pm

Rounded knowledge.......listening to ian duncan smith........rounded knowledge........listening to ian duncan smith.......No, sorry, not getting it.
User avatar
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 pm
Location: Hampshire.

Re: Brexit

Postby Too occasional fan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:11 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
andymac26 wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:I had the good fortune to listen to Ian Duncan-Smith debate Brexit with a tough BBC interrogator that shines light on the Brexit debate.
IDS is an ardent Brexiteer but he is also truthful and honest. Well worth a listen.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... -leader-uk


Think I'll give it a miss otc....

Fair do's. But don't expect others to accept your views if you don't have a rounded knowledge of what you're talking about.


Let us know when you have followed this advice.
The gimlet of the forum.
User avatar
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Re: Brexit

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:15 pm

Too occasional fan wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
andymac26 wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:I had the good fortune to listen to Ian Duncan-Smith debate Brexit with a tough BBC interrogator that shines light on the Brexit debate.
IDS is an ardent Brexiteer but he is also truthful and honest. Well worth a listen.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... -leader-uk


Think I'll give it a miss otc....

Fair do's. But don't expect others to accept your views if you don't have a rounded knowledge of what you're talking about.


Let us know when you have followed this advice.


:lol:
User avatar
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 3163
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: Stroud

Re: Brexit

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:20 pm

andymac26 wrote:Rounded knowledge.......listening to ian duncan smith........rounded knowledge........listening to ian duncan smith.......No, sorry, not getting it.


With respect, Ian Duncan Smith is a senior government minister who is dealing with Brexit.
He probably has more knowledge on subject in his little finger than the rest of us do put together.
That is why I recommended those interested in Brexit take the trouble to listen to him.
User avatar
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 3163
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: Stroud

Re: Brexit

Postby Too occasional fan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:32 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
andymac26 wrote:Rounded knowledge.......listening to ian duncan smith........rounded knowledge........listening to ian duncan smith.......No, sorry, not getting it.


With respect, Ian Duncan Smith is a senior government minister who is dealing with Brexit.
He probably has more knowledge on subject in his little finger than the rest of us do put together.
That is why I recommended those interested in Brexit take the trouble to listen to him.


https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/brexit- ... -leave-eu/

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/iain-duncan ... iew-video/

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 604e329463
The gimlet of the forum.
User avatar
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Re: Brexit

Postby NewForestRover » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:58 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
The Bedroom tax debate is long over and not worth revisiting. Nothing will change.


The bedroom tax debate is only over and forgotten by those who are unaffected by it.

Those that are affected think differently.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
User avatar
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 pm
Location: The train to Stroud as often as possible!

Re: Brexit

Postby TreeHugger » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:52 am

paulK wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:
paulK wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:

If you vote for, support, or in any way condone a racist, then you are a racist.


What a load of tosh :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:


How so PaulK? That’s the sort of response I’d expect from someone who probably hasn't had to deal with racism every day of their life.

The enablers are almost worse in my book.


Just because I would vote for someone said to be a racist does NOT make me a racist. I do not condone it and neither would I act in a way considered racist.


Voting for, and therefore handing power to a racist is enabling them, and thus condoning the act itself.
Trolling the trolls since the internet began...
TreeHugger
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: Brexit

Postby Eco-Exile » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:08 am

The Old TomCat wrote:
andymac26 wrote:Rounded knowledge.......listening to ian duncan smith........rounded knowledge........listening to ian duncan smith.......No, sorry, not getting it.


With respect, Ian Duncan Smith is a senior government minister who is dealing with Brexit.
He probably has more knowledge on subject in his little finger than the rest of us do put together.
That is why I recommended those interested in Brexit take the trouble to listen to him.


:lol: :lol:

Have you heard the man? He might have more knowledge than the likes of Raab and Schapps, but that is very low benchmark.
Eco-Exile
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:42 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Brexit

Postby Eco-Exile » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:10 am

paulK wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:
paulK wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:

If you vote for, support, or in any way condone a racist, then you are a racist.


What a load of tosh :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:


How so PaulK? That’s the sort of response I’d expect from someone who probably hasn't had to deal with racism every day of their life.

The enablers are almost worse in my book.


Just because I would vote for someone said to be a racist does NOT make me a racist. I do not condone it and neither would I act in a way considered racist.


What a demoralising thing to read. You aren’t racist but you are happy to elect racists to power. Give over.
Eco-Exile
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:42 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Brexit

Postby Eco-Exile » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:12 am

Eco-Exile wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:
Those aren’t answers they are the same cliches reworded with no detail.

1. Which shackles are currently preventing us from being happier? Please name the top three shackles which limit the happiness of you and me and describe how we will be happier when they are removed.

2. Which countries do you have in mind as ones being more prosperous? How do their current trade agreements and key economic markets compare to what ours will be like after No Deal? Note I am speaking only about No Deal scenario. Please describe three main ways leaving with No Deal will make us better off.


Subject already covered so no need to repeat myself.
Check everything out for yourself on Page 5.


Just checked it out.

The first post:

“# The EU centralised power and is the wrong way to go.
People thrive most in societies in which power is distributed as thinly and widely as possible. They are happier, healthier, wealthier, freer, and achieve more.”

This the exact same meaningless cliche I have asked you to explain. Which powers are you referring too? Name three powers which would make you and me happier if we leave with No Deal.

Your second reason....talks about Switzerland and Norway. Both these countries have deals with the EU and are part of EFTA. Norway for example pay into the EU like we do, but their government and citizens get no say in EU policy. I would happily be like Norway or Switzlerland and have advocated that from the start. However, being like them is impossible with No Deal.

Given neither of your first two posts said anything more to explain how No Deal will be a good thing I didn’t read the rest.


Still waiting for your answers Old Tom Cat.

As you say, I want a rounded opinion and rounded knowledge but it is hard for me to have that when you won’t answer simple questions.
Eco-Exile
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:42 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Brexit

Postby Greeners » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:40 am

Hi
The Future can not be KNOWN except by a supreme being which has pre-destined everything.

There is only one person who comes across in this entire debate as KNOWing anything (as opposed to believing) and that is the epitome of perfection tagged as E-E, He or is it she is so perfect that we all should bow down and worship him as the new Messiah.

Is the name Brian by any chance??
User avatar
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Re: Brexit

Postby Too occasional fan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:17 am

If the future cannot be known, why are Brexiteers so sure that it will be better after Brexit?
The gimlet of the forum.
User avatar
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Re: Brexit

Postby Greeners » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:38 am

Hi
We don't, we just think it will be, in the same way that remainers think it will be better if we stay.

I voted to leave the first time, and because I haven't seen any benefits from belonging, I think we will be better off out so I voted to leave the second time as well.
User avatar
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Re: Brexit

Postby Too occasional fan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:49 am

Greeners wrote:Hi
We don't, we just think it will be, in the same way that remainers think it will be better if we stay.

I voted to leave the first time, and because I haven't seen any benefits from belonging, I think we will be better off out so I voted to leave the second time as well.

There hasn’t been a second time.
The gimlet of the forum.
User avatar
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Re: Brexit

Postby Greeners » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:12 am

Hi
Too occasional fan wrote:There hasn’t been a second time.

This just goes to show the lack of knowledge about the history of the UK's relationship with the EEC/EU.
The first referendum on, whether to remain, was on 5 June 1975 AFTER we had been taken in without a prior choice.
So the referendum in June 2016 WAS the second one.
User avatar
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Re: Brexit

Postby Too occasional fan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:16 am

In a totally different world, maybe.
The gimlet of the forum.
User avatar
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Re: Brexit

Postby paulK » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:59 pm

TreeHugger wrote:
paulK wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:
paulK wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:

If you vote for, support, or in any way condone a racist, then you are a racist.


What a load of tosh :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:


How so PaulK? That’s the sort of response I’d expect from someone who probably hasn't had to deal with racism every day of their life.

The enablers are almost worse in my book.


Just because I would vote for someone said to be a racist does NOT make me a racist. I do not condone it and neither would I act in a way considered racist.


Voting for, and therefore handing power to a racist is enabling them, and thus condoning the act itself.


TBH I think that t he majority of arguments on this forum trying to categorise individuals on this forum as racist are laughable.

By your definition by far the majority of our nation is racist e.g. including those who vote labour, support Boris and/or voted for Brexit or whatever..

You say you have to deal with racism every day of your life Treehugger, but seem happy to slur the reputation of most of out nation by calling them racists. I think you need to take a step back.

Frankly, as a survivor of abuse, I find that the unwarranted slurs being handed out on this thread as disgusting as the way you have to deal with daily racial abuse.
User avatar
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:50 pm
Location: Sadly Broke

Re: Brexit

Postby paulK » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:07 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:
paulK wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:
paulK wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:

If you vote for, support, or in any way condone a racist, then you are a racist.


What a load of tosh :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:


How so PaulK? That’s the sort of response I’d expect from someone who probably hasn't had to deal with racism every day of their life.

The enablers are almost worse in my book.


Just because I would vote for someone said to be a racist does NOT make me a racist. I do not condone it and neither would I act in a way considered racist.


What a demoralising thing to read. You aren’t racist but you are happy to elect racists to power. Give over.


If it's better than the alternatives, yes. The damage being done to this country (and my business) by failure to implement Brexit far outweighs the personal views of e.g. Boris.
User avatar
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:50 pm
Location: Sadly Broke

Re: Brexit

Postby Greeners » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Paul
You might as well give up trying to reason with him/her.
S/He KNOWS everything and is NEVER wrong.
In some primitive communities they would be bowing down and worshiping him/her as A GOD.
User avatar
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Re: Brexit

Postby TreeHugger » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:29 pm

paulK wrote:
If it's better than the alternatives, yes. The damage being done to this country (and my business) by failure to implement Brexit far outweighs the personal views of e.g. Boris.


That’s pretty sad. It’s not about outweighing his personal views is it? He’s not just some bloke on the street. He’s in the ultimate position of power in the UK and you’re happy to turn a blind eye because of your own business. Everyone for themselves eh?
Trolling the trolls since the internet began...
TreeHugger
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 7:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

About FGR

We’re a club that looks to the future, but our identity is forged from a rich 128-year history. Founded in 1889, we’re one of the oldest football clubs in the world.

In 2017, we were promoted to the Football League for the first time in our history – which means we can spread our sustainability message to an even bigger audience. FIFA recently described us as the greenest football club in the world. That’s quite an accolade, and it shows how we’ve been able to bring together football and environmental consciousness at the highest levels of the game.