Brexit

For chat about all other topics

Re: Brexit

Postby Greeners » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:51 pm

Hi
I think he said he supports BJ's views on Brexit, which doesn't mean he supports the persons views on other things.

I know of a number of people who regularly vote Lib Dem for local and national elections because they prefer their general approach to local/national politics, BUT do not support their stance on the EU.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:19 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Almost 100% of the population of this country are happy with the rule of democracy and to live here in the UK and are satisfied to be able to contribute to the system by majority rule when electing a new Government.

In 2016 the democratic system was handed to these same people to choose 'in' or 'out', with the result being 'OUT'! The majority of the remainers appear to have pitched democracy out of the window, as it doesn't suit their vote and demand a 2nd try until it suits their case.

Did they choose in or out based on good sound facts? No.
Are they allowed to change their minds? Yes.
Was the referendum binding in law (despite what the snake Cameron said - to save his political party)? No.

Is it sensible to have another referendum, when there is a sensible deal that lays out what will happen with Brexit? Yes.

Why don’t Brexiteers want this?
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:20 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:
Timb wrote:What's the latest take today OTC? For us uninformed citizens.

I noticed a complete break from your normal regular posts after Foggy recounted a few observations recently.

Please do not goad the racist. It is a nicer environment without him in this discussion.

These two disgraceful posts are self evident why I'm not getting as involved as previously.

I haave not moved an inch from wanting UK out of the EU, which I know will be for the long term benefit of this country.
Opinion polls also state that there has been little shift in peoples opinions since Referendum. Perhaps that is why the opposition parties who are opposed to Brexit are frit rigid of a GE. They know Boris is set course to win whatever the date and take UK out of the EU.

Reference the bold bit.

I think you have been asked before, but I can’t remember the answer.

Why do you think this? (I’m happy to have a link to a previous post, if it answers the question.)
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:24 pm

paulK wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:
paulK wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:All I can see in this thread is OTC expressing his political views, which he has every right to do, and then a small group who disagree with him, which they have every right to do, who feel the need to attempt to sling insults in his direction, which is totally out of order and reflects poorly on them more then anything.

There are no racist comments in this thread that I can see. If there were I'm sure the mods will have dealt with them and any poster that made them would be banned, so to make accusations like that are totally wrong imo. Plenty of people have differing opinions on Brexit, including FGR fans, but that doesn't mean people can't be civil.

I am not calling him racist because of Brexit. I am calling him racist as he gleefullly supports racist politicians and when questioned about the racist comments made by these politicians either ignores the questions or dismisses the fears of those on the receiving end of racism in society.

And there we have it E/E. Slinging the insult. There are plenty who know OTC who wouldn't agree with you. Your justification doesn't hold up IMO.

+1 for Kenstripe

Paul, surely you have seen on this thread that he has praised Boris Johnson and defended him against any criticism. So in what sense does my justification not hold up?

As far as I can see he is keeping to the political issue of Brexit. You are the one making a racist issue out of it.

That he doesn't care to engage with you on the subject of racism isn't at all surprising given your approach. Doesn't make him a racist. I would say sensible ;)

You think Brexit is a political issue?

It’s way more serious than that.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:11 am

Greeners wrote:Hi
I think he said he supports BJ's views on Brexit, which doesn't mean he supports the persons views on other things.

I know of a number of people who regularly vote Lib Dem for local and national elections because they prefer their general approach to local/national politics, BUT do not support their stance on the EU.

Totally agree with you here. But some still choose to support a racist PM and dont mind because it furthers their agenda.

I just cant believe that farage and the Tory party or the new labour party, or the royal family have the working persons support. Our retirement age is 68 whilst they benefit the rich.
And all we can do is argue about brexit.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:52 am

If we were to hold an election tomorrow, although they might or might not win it is certain the Conservative Party, led by Boris Johnson would receive millions of votes. Are all those millions of people racists? And what about all the millions of people that would/will vote for Corbyn's Labour. Are they all anti-Semites?

Or are the vast majority simply voicing their support for a political party and it's policies/manifesto?

Some of the accusations in this thread are totally out of order, everyone has a right to a political viewpoint without being attacked or bullied for it.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:27 am

Of course anyone can vote for any party, but the same time if you vote tory you are supporting a racist in being in charge of our country. There is obviously a balance that tips.

Im geniuninly interested to know where the evidence is that Corbyn is an anti semite?
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:01 am

Tomiswalking wrote:
Im geniuninly interested to know where the evidence is that Corbyn is an anti semite?

The Daily Mail says that he is, so it must be true
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:20 am

Silver Surfer wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:

The Daily Mail says that he is, so it must be true

Definitely isn't just the Daily Mail that says that. https://www.timesofisrael.com/labour-mp ... -semitism/

My point wasn't about whether he is an anti-semite or not, more that he has faced criticism over it and there has clearly been a problem with it within the party under his stewardship, but that doesn't make all the millions that will vote Labour in the next GE anti-Semitic. Just like in the same way that the millions of Tory voters who will vote for Johnson's government are not all racists, which is what some in this thread are implying.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:48 am

Interesting article about whether Islam, or any religion, should be above any form of criticism.

https://www.secularism.org.uk/opinion/2 ... criticism/

Personally I find any form of racism abhorrent, however there has to be room for free speech as well. Religions should never be allowed to divide and segregate society, the more integration of all cultures the less chance of racism. That means a bit of give and take on all sides imo. For example is it wrong to criticise certain aspects of Sharia Law, some of which many would agree have no place in any modern society?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Referee » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:44 am

Certain posts have been removed after several complaints. We are aware this is in the General Chat but it's not a place to get into racism or antisemitism. If you want to talk about Brexit then keep to the subject please.
Referee

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Referee wrote:Certain posts have been removed after several complaints. We are aware this is in the General Chat but it's not a place to get into racism or antisemitism. If you want to talk about Brexit then keep to the subject please.

I note that my repudiation that Boris or I are racists has been removed but others accusing us of that bogus allegation remain.
Referee, are you John Bercow moonlighting as a mod on forum?
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dursleydog » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:15 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Referee wrote:Certain posts have been removed after several complaints. We are aware this is in the General Chat but it's not a place to get into racism or antisemitism. If you want to talk about Brexit then keep to the subject please.

I note that my repudiation that Boris or I are racists has been removed but others accusing us of that bogus allegation remain.

Or maybe, just maybe, what you said was inappropriate.
But no it must be the establishment/pc culture gone mad/millennials/remoaners/moderators that are all wrong. :roll:
dursleydog
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Greeners wrote:Hi

I have previously asked him how racist would a Brexit Primer Minister have to be before he stopped supporting him?

If Johnson said he was going to deliver Brexit on 31st October guaranteed but also that he planned to introduce racial segregation, or force minorities to live in fenced ghettoes would you still defend those who support him?

What level racism is it ok to ignore and tacitly condone?
Eco-Exile
First Team
First Team

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:17 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:

Boris is a racist. The evidence has been provided. So why should it be removed?
Eco-Exile
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:

Ask the Referee.
I have no idea.
His decision beggars belief.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:05 pm

Yesterday in this thread Eco Exile directly called OTC a racist. Why has this post not been deleted? It is a personal insult which is against forum rules. If the user continues to hurl anonymous insults in such a keyboard warrior fashion then maybe a ban would be justified?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Yesterday in this thread Eco Exile directly called OTC a racist. Why has this post not been deleted? It is a personal insult which is against forum rules. If the user continues to hurl anonymous insults in such a keyboard warrior fashion then maybe a ban would be justified?

I will happily retract my statement and apologise to Old Tom Cat. All he has to do is say he condemns Boris Johnson’s racism. As long as Old Tom Cat defends or ignored Boris Johnson’s racism then there is nothing wrong with my post for me apologise for.

Is this is the depth we have reached? Where we have a fan of our great club wanting to ban another fan of our club merely for expressing concern for racism she and her friends and family are fearful of or have been victims from?
Eco-Exile
First Team
First Team

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:16 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:

Ask the Referee.
I have no idea.
His decision beggars belief.

Is the statement here suggesting you do also think Boris Johnson is racist?
Eco-Exile
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:26 pm

dursleydog wrote:
Or maybe, just maybe, what you said was inappropriate.
But no it must be the establishment/pc culture gone mad/millennials/remoaners/moderators that are all wrong. :roll:

That may well be although I took time to make sure what I wrote was accurate and truthful.
I did not get personal but asked if Eco Exile supported Afro Americans who state that the Ku Klux Klan hoods stop the world seeing them but it only offers the KKK a small window for them to see out.
I asked EE if he agreed with the Afro Americans [as I do] then he must agree with Boris who said similar about full veil niqabs.
EE cannot have it both ways, either he agrees with the Afro Americans [and Boris] or condones the KKK.
It seems the Referee is an ardent Remainer who cannot contemplate others of a different opinion winning a debate.
I suspect referee removed my post because I completely destroyed Boris's detractors with cold logic.

But if Referee wants to remove my post then the Referee should have also removed every post that refers to me or Boris as racists.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat