Review/Article about new FGR zebra/bamboo home kit

For chat about all other topics

Review/Article about new FGR zebra/bamboo home kit

Postby Club25 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi everyone,

you may remember me from posting a similar article last year, and since everyone here seemed to really enjoy that one, I've gone ahead and written a new in-depth review for the recently released zebra home kit. Do please give it a perusal if you fancy;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2019/08/05/forest-green-rovers-2019-2021-home-shirt/

Have to say I am really impressed by the quality, PlayerLayer and the club knocked this one out of the park. If you fancy reading the previous article (which went in-depth on the hummel fiasco and what the club stands for), you can find it here still (I like to think my writing has improved since);

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2018/11/01/forest-green-rovers-2018-2020-home-shirt/

Do please consider sharing the new article around if you have the chance, and here's hoping the club's media team take note as well :D

And, of course, I'd love to hear your thoughts about the new kit and how PlayerLayer have been doing for the club.

Club25
Youth
Youth

Re: Review/Article about new FGR zebra/bamboo home kit

Postby michael » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:57 pm

really good and interesting reading.

thanks
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby andymac26 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Yeah, nice piece. Enjoyed that.
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:15 pm

Great article, very well researched. Well done
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Club25 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:06 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone, hopefully it will have helped anyone still on the fence to decide whether to get a shirt or not :)
Club25
Youth
Youth

Postby Timb » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:57 pm

The review in the social network is favourable.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:13 pm

Warwickshire CCC following FGR's lead and will wear bamboo shirts this coming season.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/news/warwickshire_bamboo_material_sustainability.html
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:54 am

I'm told by someone who knows a lot about the sustainable fashion industry that just moving to bamboo is not necessarily enough. Bamboo is a good material because it grows more sustainably than most other textile products. However, one also needs to look at the way it is processed into clothing from the raw material. It seems that bamboo, like most raw materials, needs heavy processing to turn it into usable fibres and the question is whether the energy, labour conditions and chemicals in that process are better or worse than for other sustainably grown crops for textiles.

I don't know what the PlayerLayer position on that is.

Using bamboo looks like a step in the right direction but regarding climate change and sustainability of the planet, nothing seems simple.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:19 pm

Well said Tommo. There are no simple answers. An airplane manufacturer recently made a lot of fuss about using "biofuel" to power their plane. It turned out that the process of growing and processing the biofuel was more polluting that what we currently have.

The answer is to fly less, consume less, use our clothes for longer, and not keep changing football strips every season.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat