JON PARKIN

For chat about all other topics

JON PARKIN

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Just found a copy of Jon Parkin's book - Feed The Beast, that is published in 2019, highlighting his career so far. Chapter 16 is entitled " Where the f**k is Forest Green?.Says he had a great time at TNL, but was surprised at how so many fans he met were elderly !.Must have been refering to me as i kept asking for his autograph after matches in the CE suite. I am taking it on holiday to Cornwall next week so eagerly looking forward to reading it on a windswept beach.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: JON PARKIN

Postby GETCARTER » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:53 pm

Just finished it - amusing, and an insight as to the professional game. Fgr come out well, as he obviously enjoyed his time with us. As the book is in pristine condition, on my next visit to TNL i will donate it to the supporters club to sell on.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:47 pm

GETCARTER wrote:Just finished it - amusing, and an insight as to the professional game. Fgr come out well, as he obviously enjoyed his time with us. As the book is in pristine condition, on my next visit to TNL i will donate it to the supporters club to sell on.

If you enjoyed his book, then you might also enjoy his Vlogs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag9v7TgfZAA
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Many thanks OTC - watched it this morning from holiday in deepest Cornwall. JP in good form - wish him well.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat