BT Sport in the Green Man

For chat about all other topics

BT Sport in the Green Man

Postby Tommo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:56 pm

Is BT Sport still available in the Green Man? With so many early games on BT Sport, I hope so but last time I was there it appeared to have been discontinued. Anyone know?
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: BT Sport in the Green Man

Postby TreeinWillsbridge » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:13 am

I just assumed that the coverage was Sky Sports; there was an England Women's friendly on before the Southampton game, we lost 2-1 against Norway I think.
TreeinWillsbridge
Youth
Youth

Postby cookiemonster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:24 am

Someone told me it is a condition of Sky sponsorship of the EFL that BT sport is not shown at league grounds. Sounds plausible but I don't know for sure.
cookiemonster
First Team
First Team

Postby Foggy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:19 pm

I watched the England Ladies versus Norway Ladies game, it was on the Beeb.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby StadiumMgr » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:02 pm

Tommo wrote:Is BT Sport still available in the Green Man? With so many early games on BT Sport, I hope so but last time I was there it appeared to have been discontinued. Anyone know?

We don't have BT Sport on site, so no it won't be available in the Green Man.

cookiemonster wrote:Someone told me it is a condition of Sky sponsorship of the EFL that BT sport is not shown at league grounds. Sounds plausible but I don't know for sure.

We can get BT Sport but the subscription cost is huge. We did have BT Sport when we were in the National League, as it was part of their sponsorship but we of course lost that little perk as soon as we got promoted.

And certain Sky wouldn't be allowed to block a venue from getting BT Sport.

Cheers
StadiumMgr
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:37 am

Thanks for the response. I can’t say that the revenue you are foregoing from me would off set the cost of the subscription so I understand
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat