Bewildered!

For chat about all other topics

Bewildered!

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:21 pm

What is it with the UK do-gooder monitors in current P/C age, when the Lincoln Fire Brigade has to abandon the fireman SAM mascot, based on the children's animated TV programme, because it is not INCLUSIVE enough? :cry:

As title, bewildered!
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Bewildered!

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:27 pm

It will be okay, it's just change. In theory everyone is allowed to get any job now, no matter their race, age, class, or gender. This is a relatively new thing and you are obviously still getting used to the idea.

Fireman Sam would approve of the change.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dursleydog » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:15 am

One regional firefighting service has decided they wanted to change their fictional mascot to try and attract more women to become firefighters. Getting triggered by something as trivial as this makes you a bit of a snowflake to be honest.
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:59 am

no need to stress over this or even Brexit -the other news of the week is that the aliens are coming to get us .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:30 pm

dursleydog wrote: Getting triggered by something as trivial as this makes you a bit of a snowflake to be honest.

Hardly, d/d, it was the snowflake generation that mostly registered/triggered the protest about it being a Fire-MAN based on the character. I am some 60 odd years ahead of the snowflake coming of age thing to adulthood. :lol: .
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:
dursleydog wrote: Getting triggered by something as trivial as this makes you a bit of a snowflake to be honest.

Hardly, d/d, it was the snowflake generation that mostly registered/triggered the protest about it being a Fire-MAN based on the character. I am some 60 odd years ahead of the snowflake coming of age thing to adulthood. :lol: .

It doesnt look that way from this post. I'm sure the other men like piers Morgan and others will recover.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Fireman Sam contains BAME characters and a female firefighter. I can't see why it would be viewed as not inclusive?

Seems using a white male as a mascot for anything is now seen as discriminatory, which is a bit ridiculous imo. I'm surprised Father Christmas is still seen as acceptable. It's ott PC stuff like that which is getting in the way of real discrimination issues and is driving a lot of people to lean more to the right in protest , helping non PC 'straight talkers' like Trump and Farage build popularity.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:05 pm

If anyone has become more right wing because of anything to do with Fireman Sam then I’d wager they’re a little unhinged or looking for an excuse.

It’s nonsense that’s better off ignored. Ashamed that I read the thread to be honest. Feel like I’ve been clickbaited and need to have a wash...
Trolling the trolls since the internet began...
TreeHugger
First Team
First Team

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:07 pm

Problem solved. Fireman Sam has now identified as being a woman!
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:16 pm

TreeHugger wrote:If anyone has become more right wing because of anything to do with Fireman Sam then I’d wager they’re a little unhinged or looking for an excuse.

It’s nonsense that’s better off ignored. Ashamed that I read the thread to be honest. Feel like I’ve been clickbaited and need to have a wash...

It's clearly not just Fireman Sam , this is just yet another of many, many examples of the whole PC gone mad approach to everything that annoys people.

The show in this case will in no way put off young girls from joining the fire service, firstly it contains a female firefighter, and secondly who at 18 cares about kids TV when deciding whether to join the service?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Molly68008 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:21 pm

I think Fireman Sam is charming. I have no problem with him.
Molly68008
Youth
Youth

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:44 pm

The term 'PC' shouldn't have negative connotations. Unfortunately with a lot of people it now does, and the question has to be why?

I would imagine the majority of people are fully in favour of gender and racial equality, however the ott censorship and positive discrimination pushed by a certain sector is actually doing a lot more harm then good. Silly things like targeting harmless mascots loses a lot of goodwill and diverts away from the really important issues in this subject.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:52 pm

The more firefighters the better. Wish the men would stop whinging about it tbh.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dursleydog » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:

60 odd years of hand-wringing practice judging by your reaction to this.

It’s almost as if being a snowflake is nothing to do with age, but everything to do with behaviour.
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby Timb » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:31 pm

LOL.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:04 am

Breaking news:

Sam has undergone sex reassignment surgery and is now to be known as Samantha. :)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:15 pm

this just isn't a joke.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:34 pm

Farts, you should know better than to post something light hearted without being shotdown in flames by the pathetic PC brigade.

This general chat forum is not the place it once was. Full of trolls.

Cheers & Gone.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:44 pm

Grow up, it's only light hearted if it doesnt effect you.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi
Robertson's jams and marmalades have lost their taste since 2002.

Interestingly a coloured emoji was refused by the site filters.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to General Chat