Discrimination.

For chat about all other topics

Re: Discrimination.

Postby TreeinWillsbridge » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:25 pm

Come on guys we're better than this surely? :cry:

Using Boomer as an insult is as bad in a slightly different way to using woke which doesn't really mean anything at all. It could well be construed as making fun of a poorly educated person's use of English in fact.

The trouble is, until you've been discriminated against personally, it's difficult to understand.
TreeinWillsbridge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Eco-Exile » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:35 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:This is a thread about discrimination, it's understandable that some people will argue that it Is all pretentious signalling, and that discrimination doesnt exist, and if it does we should ignore it in all its forms.

I'm glad OTC has left the thread. Not because i dont value his input. I had intended the thread would be positive and less about personal vendettas.

COYR

On the contrary I was wishing Goodbye to EE; she should be the one to go.
She wrote the most offensive sexist post going and it she who should be banned.
Since the woman has been a member of this forum she has constantly acted as an agent provocateur on a number of subjects.
She is using the rest of us as dupes to deliberately create an air of bad feeling amongst true FGR supporters. I've been told that she is actually a Cheltenham supporter masquerading as a FGR fan.
And once again I confirm what I an happy with what I have written because I know it be the truth and supported by the majority.

Excuse me? What have I written that is sexist? And as for provocation I praise and criticise the owners and management in balanced measure.

Do you realise that you calling for posters to be banned when they call out perceived discrimination based on their life experience it is not a good look.

Do you have a problem with women as well as Muslims?
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:57 pm

Pathetic. Why hijack an important topic.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:42 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:Pathetic. Why hijack an important topic.

Exactly, and why use a thread about discrimination to attack another poster and tell them to get off the forum, even worse claim to speak for the majority in expressing that view...I define that as bullying!!!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:57 pm

OTC is a good bloke, not sure why some on here seem determined to harass him and constantly twist his words into something offensive. Just because he happens to have different political views to them. I'd call that discrimination.

We're all fans of the same club, cannot see what good threads like this are doing.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:05 pm

Kentstripe wrote:OTC is a good bloke, not sure why some on here seem determined to harass him and constantly twist his words into something offensive. Just because he happens to have different political views. I'd call that discrimination.

We're all fans of the same club, cannot see what good threads like this are doing.

Disagree. You’re either blinkered to some of the things he says, or you haven’t seen them. I’d suggest paying closer attention to some of his posts (those that haven’t been removed by Admin that is).

Calling out prejudice is vital in a modern, tolerant society, whether it’s in the street or on a football forum. I’m not convinced he knows he’s doing it at times, so pointing it out can only help surely?
TreeHugger
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:11 pm

Kentstripe wrote:OTC is a good bloke, not sure why some on here seem determined to harass him and constantly twist his words into something offensive. Just because he happens to have different political views to them. I'd call that discrimination.

Dont blame the thread. Read the first post, it was really important.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:14 pm

This thread started as a link to kick it out. Now we have posters calling it wokeness. Get a grip.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:21 pm

I agree with KS and TOTC.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:26 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:This is a thread about discrimination, it's understandable that some people will argue that it Is all pretentious signalling, and that discrimination doesnt exist, and if it does we should ignore it in all its forms.

I'm glad OTC has left the thread. Not because i dont value his input. I had intended the thread would be positive and less about personal vendettas.

COYR

On the contrary I was wishing Goodbye to EE; she should be the one to go.
She wrote the most offensive sexist post going and it she who should be banned.
Since the woman has been a member of this forum she has constantly acted as an agent provocateur on a number of subjects.
She is using the rest of us as dupes to deliberately create an air of bad feeling amongst true FGR supporters. I've been told that she is actually a Cheltenham supporter masquerading as a FGR fan.
And once again I confirm what I an happy with what I have written because I know it be the truth and supported by the majority.

Ah I understand. I'm not getting involved with the constant bickering. This post started in good faith about an important topic. Fed up of the hijacking.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:57 pm

Sometimes you get the feeling that a poster on a forum isn’t genuine.
As time goes by, more and more forum members begin to think the same.

And you realise you were right all along......
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:16 am

The Old TomCat wrote:On the contrary I was wishing Goodbye to EE; she should be the one to go.
I've been told that she is actually a Cheltenham supporter masquerading as a FGR fan.

We don't want Cheltenham Fans here, they're different. They're not like us.

(or maybe I've misunderstood all this discrimination thing?)

PS Could anyone that used to be a Cheltenham fan, but now supports FGR, please put their hands up?
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:59 am

Why is this ridiculous thread still continuing?
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:11 am

The Beeb have produced a film about racism in football, goes to air online from next week, read about it here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/ ... 955a819751
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Tomiswalking » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:25 pm

[*]
Foggy wrote:The Beeb have produced a film about racism in football, goes to air online from next week, read about it here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/ ... 955a819751

Looks interesting. Was reading today about a tv presenter is able come out as gay. I hope this happens in football soon too.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:43 pm

Hi
Anyone can be a member of the LGBTQQIAAP communities or not, I couldn't care less.
Equally I don't see any reason why I should want, or need, to know.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:58 pm

Greeners wrote:Hi
Anyone can be a member of the LGBTQQIAAP communities or not, I couldn't care less.
Equally I don't see any reason why I should want, or need, to know.

If only everyone was accepting as you
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:51 pm

Interesting study of football commentary reveals structural prejudice and discrimination.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... commentary

“ The study has been carried out by RunRepeat, a Danish research firm, and is the first aimed at understanding whether the football media talks differently about players depending on their skin tone. More than 2,000 statements from commentary on 80 games across the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1 were analysed.”

“ RunRepeat ratio-adjusted its numbers to account for the fact there were 1,361 comments about lighter-skinned players and 713 about darker-skinned players and found the former group more widely praised for intelligence (62.60%), hard work (60.40%) and quality (62.79%).

Commentators are also 6.59 times more likely to talk about the power of a player if he has darker skin and 3.38 times more likely to reference his pace.

The study also found that 63.33% of criticism from commentators in regards to the intelligence of a player is aimed at those with darker skin, while the figure for quality is 67.57%.”
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:40 am

The legacy of Corbyn looming large online.

Many fellow Jewish people I know are getting increasingly worried:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 43876.html
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to General Chat