Discrimination.

For chat about all other topics

Re: Discrimination.

Postby Eco-Exile » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:32 pm

Two more bigots arrested after homophobic abuse at Brighton.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50710295
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:31 pm

A depressing but interesting and important long read about online racist abuse of footballers.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ing-online
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Is there any update on the person identified as using racist language in the East stand? Has any action been taken?
TreeHugger
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:36 pm

I was requested on another thread to comment on recent incident at TNL.
I did not hear anything said so cannot comment upon actual words.
The referee and club took precisely correct course of action as prescribed by the FA.
Pleased to note the culprit was quickly identified and rightly faces a lifetime football ban.
Pleased that the South Stand made their displeasure loudly heard.
Damned annoyed that our village club have had news headlines for the wrong reasons.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:42 pm

More racism at the highest level at Spurs vs Chelsea today: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... nouncement

This is life for minorities in modern Britain.

Gary Neville live on Sky: “We had a general election and both main parties are accused of fueling and accepting racism in their parties. it's accepted in the highest office in the country."
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:10 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:More racism at the highest level at Spurs vs Chelsea today: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... nouncement

This is life for minorities in modern Britain.

Gary Neville live on Sky: “We had a general election and both main parties are accused of fueling and accepting racism in their parties. it's accepted in the highest office in the country."

Good for Gary Neville, and good for Dale Vince who has also publicly called out this country’s political leaders. It’s only by condemning it that it will start to be seen as unacceptable. I’ve already made my views on this pretty clear, but these leaders do not represent me and I will never give them my support.
TreeHugger
First Team
First Team

Postby Too occasional fan » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:29 pm

In the stands you don’t hear what happens at the other end. I remember the Samba band and couldn’t understand the antipathy towards it until I sat at the other end, near it. I’ve never been on the pitch during a match :lol: but I imagine you hear things there that most in the stands don’t.

In the stands you definitely hear what happens near you, and it’s when this behaviour is unacceptable that it needs to be called out. For that to happen there need to be approachable and useful stewards and staff.

Monkey chants, bananas thrown on the pitch, ‘she fell over’ - no place for it but there is a place in history for it but for some, that kind of behaviour hasn’t reached history yet.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:57 am

I love that the Sky presenter has been forced to apologise for trying to shut down Gary Neville and to try and dismiss the problem of racism in society. Some on here could learn from that!!
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:59 pm

so now No10 Downing Street has called for the authorities to get tough on racism (whatever vagueries that means ).

marvellous-usual non specific fluffy words

(for me-it would mean a minimum of 5 years custodial sentence for any perpetrator ,albeit that would only solve the issue short term, whereas long term its an education issue )

some people may suggest that the current incumbent needs to be a bit more inward looking ,and has by his own languaging over the past ten years, and current right wing policies,had/has a significant part to play in the recent upsurge in reported incidents .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:40 pm

Spot on michael. Boris has cancelled the inquiry into Islamophobia within the tory party, that he promised, already.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:23 pm

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... pe-player/

The have got the fan from the scunthorpe game. Well done!
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:51 pm

Hi
When this bloke stands like this it looks as if he is doing monkey chants.

Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:44 am

Arrived back to depressing scenes from London:

https://news.sky.com/story/shock-and-ho ... e-11897224

Now maybe those on here who dismissed and belittled my feeling scared in the U.K. as a woman from a Jewish family will think again?
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:00 am

is it discrimination when there is usually a report of the FGR mens team posted within 3 hours of finish, whereas the FGR ladies team result takes 3 days or more to be posted on official site ?
(even when they win !)
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:12 pm

michael wrote:is it discrimination when there is usually a report of the FGR mens team posted within 3 hours of finish, whereas the FGR ladies team result takes 3 days or more to be posted on official site ?
(even when they win !)

I believe yes this is the case. We know that Dale does not care for the women’s team. It would be much simpler to fund a couple of promotions with them than the men’s team. I said on another thread that as a woman who follows football I find Dale’s view disappointing but not surprising given his attitude and comments during and after the divorce. I just don’t think he likes women very much which is why he talks down in a very smug way to my posts on here and women on Facebook and our new MP. If RLB becomes Labour leader it will be interesting to see if Dale’s attitude to her is the same as it was to Corbyn.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:11 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:
I believe yes this is the case. We know that Dale does not care for the women’s team. It would be much simpler to fund a couple of promotions with them than the men’s team. I said on another thread that as a woman who follows football I find Dale’s view disappointing but not surprising given his attitude and comments during and after the divorce. I just don’t think he likes women very much which is why he talks down in a very smug way to my posts on here and women on Facebook and our new MP. If RLB becomes Labour leader it will be interesting to see if Dale’s attitude to her is the same as it was to Corbyn.

I note that you have only been a forum member since Jan 2019 so will probably be unaware that DV has done more than any other Football League chairman to support women in the game.
[#] Dale appointed Helen [?] as CEO before Henry, one of about 3 women in entire Football league.
Helen voluntarily left a few years later to pursue other opportunities in her life.
[#] Dale also appointed Hannah Dingley as Academy Manager, the first woman run men's football in England.

You make general assertions concerning Dale's attitude towards women from a time of his acrimonious legal battle with a woman he was once married to 30 years earlier. Get real. In these days of sexual equality, his argument could equally apply to a high flying divorced woman as did to him.

Since you have been a member of this forum, you've been overly dismissive of Dale and the tremendous achievements he has secured in his life, such as becoming one of the biggest employers in Stroud, whilst saving FGR from bankruptcy in the Conference. Under DV's stewardship FGR have been promoted and is now established in the EFL.
So therefore we take your opinions with a great deal of salt.

BTW I'm more than sure Dale will work well with whoever becomes next Labour leader.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:08 pm

Well said OTC, and spot on with your comments regarding Dales work with all females within the club. Surely the women's team should appoint their own media person to write match reports etc. that's what used to happen.

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:14 pm

TOTC. It's part of our usual 'Woke' triumvirate that patrol the internet looking for P/C misdemeanours, old chap. ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:23 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:

I note that you have only been a forum member since Jan 2019 so will probably be unaware that DV has done more than any other Football League chairman to support women in the game.
[#] Dale appointed Helen [?] as CEO before Henry, one of about 3 women in entire Football league.
Helen voluntarily left a few years later to pursue other opportunities in her life.
[#] Dale also appointed Hannah Dingley as Academy Manager, the first woman run men's football in England.

You make general assertions concerning Dale's attitude towards women from a time of his acrimonious legal battle with a woman he was once married to 30 years earlier. Get real. In these days of sexual equality, his argument could equally apply to a high flying divorced woman as did to him.

Since you have been a member of this forum, you've been overly dismissive of Dale and the tremendous achievements he has secured in his life, such as becoming one of the biggest employers in Stroud, whilst saving FGR from bankruptcy in the Conference. Under DV's stewardship FGR have been promoted and is now established in the EFL.
So therefore we take your opinions with a great deal of salt.

BTW I'm more than sure Dale will work well with whoever becomes next Labour leader.

I have supported the club for ten years and only joined this forum after moving back to the U.K. but in the East so missed the club too much. I am well aware of the past appointments as I get most of my updates from the website, SNJ and family who remain in Gloucestershire and attend games.

I have also praised Dale many times for his leadership on environmental and progressive issues. On the stadium debate thread I said I was grateful so much for his pioneering work with renewable energy which means the U.K. wind generation is now a world leader. And his pioneering work on veganism and sustainability. The world is a better place due to Dale’s work and FGR is a better place due to his vision and ambition. I can’t give more praise than this but this does not mean I cannot make critical observations about him too.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:46 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:TOTC. It's part of our usual 'Woke' triumvirate that patrol the internet looking for P/C misdemeanours, old chap. ;)

And long may the triumvirate flourish and continue to call out the type of moron who thinks it is acceptable to use offensive language to put down others.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat