Supporters meetings with FGR

For chat about all other topics

Re: Supporters meetings with FGR

Postby Tommo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:37 pm

I’ve been to Fulham’s ground quite a few times and it has always looked segregated but I’m not certain since I went as a home fan. The ground is now being upgraded so maybe there are temporary arrangements in place or segregation is one of the reasons for the upgrade. I’ll ask my Fulham mate when I next see him
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:44 am

Fulham, and wimbledon when they were in the top leagues, attracted a large percentage of "home" fans to watch their team away at Fulham, or Wimbledon. Never any trouble , and half the time it's a home fan inviting or accepting requests from friends for tickets. It's a fact of life, they're in central london, easy to get to and never sold out.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:26 pm

Talking of london teams, is anyone watching millwall fulham on the tv. The worst pitch I've seen for a long time. Looks like a park pitch.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:53 pm

Here are some more Q&As from the recent match day program

Interested to hear if we can do more to more fans to away games?

Good question. We already heavily promote the games in advance, plus subsidise the coach costs to make it as affordable as possible. We typically get around the same number of away fans for each game – either around the 80 or 170 mark, depending on location/appeal. I’d love to see this double and we’re looking at ways to do this, maybe through some kind of incentive/loyalty programme, extra pick-up points and other ideas. Next season will be the time to judge if it works.

Will the Black & White hospitality package continue next year and is there any space?

Yes it will certainly continue. The season long packages for the B&W Lounge sold out almost straight away when they were launched in the summer, and we allow an extra 5 spaces per game for those adhoc fans who can’t make it into the often-soldout VIP Dining. With it being the first season, we’ve been working with the B&W Ticketholders to see how we can improve the service etc, and it’s been a really helpful exercise getting their feedback. It will continue to be a very affordable hospitality experience for FGR fans next season.

I appreciate that some stadiums at L2 have no scoreboard/one that isn’t working, but given that we like to be better, any chance of an upgrade on ours?

It may be possible. But it’s also worth noting that scoreboards are very expensive, and if we were to invest in replacing (a perfectly good one) then we’d want it come with us to Eco Park, when the time comes. For that we’d need to know the size, style etc that we’d like a few years down the road, excuse the pun. Whilst it’s not the prettiest, it rarely lets us down (famous last words), and that is a very important factor, for me anyway. I’ve mentioned it before, but the key focus in terms of technology over the summer will be the stadium speaker system, that is simply not good enough at the moment.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:22 pm

Notes of recent supporters meeting with FGR set out below for information. Supporters group meeting 6 February 2020

Net to North stand to prevent balls hitting spectators in warmup

Noted that club are looking into the matter and reviewing what other clubs do. Announcements on Tannoy and put in programme to warn people of risk.
A net has not been ruled but it was noted that implementation may be difficult.

Family Segregation in North Stand

Could some form of informal segregation families vs the rest, in the North Stand be considered ?
No compulsion just encouragement for families with kids to stand in one of the halves of the stand.

South stand Improvements

Drum stand constructed, with protected projecting scaffold for the drummer to stand on.
Despite damage and overcrowding issue, the club will keep the stand in place.
Look into previous proposal for covered bar area,
Supporters Club have previously offered to assist with partial funding for a covered area.

Gym bar

Family zone has been introduced after discussion with EFL, well used by children.
Capacity gym bar has dropped from 260 to 240 but felt to be a success.
Look into live pitch side streaming to make the bar feel closer to the pitch.
Green man capacity is 250
Gym bar is covered in mirrors to the walls. Possibly remove some of the mirrors to put up memorabilia?

Other ground improvements

New speakers are to be installed around the ground in close season.
Bird netting is to be put up to prevent bird droppings covering seats.
More regular half time penalty shoot outs.

Stewarding issues

Still a feeling of uneven handedness between home and away supporters.
Small group of supporters in the south stand requested to tone down their language and persistant, and stop swearing. As a result they decided to leave the ground.
The point regarding the drum stand is noted above.
Plymouth supporters entered the field of play and it appeared that no action had been taken. This was not the case. Information was passed to the Plymouth police who subsequently dealt with the supporters in Plymouth.
Pitch incursion at the Tranmere game last year with hundreds of supporters coming onto the pitch to celebrate win, with no fans being challenged. A single fan from the home end try to enter the field of play but was apprehended. Difference between celebration and entering to challenge other supporters.

New stadium

The club are currently waiting to hear the outcome of the call in before plans can be made for the future of The New Lawn. Once the future is known, a five year plan could be developed to ensure that the ground has improved where possible.

Betting boards around the ground

Sky Bet boards around the ground, cannot be taken down due to sponsorship obligations with EFL.

Flexibility for home supporters to visit other bars after games

Request for supporters up from the gym bar to the Carol Embrey suite after games.
No-one in Gym bar after Carlisle because we lost 4-1 while Carol Embrey suite was sold out.
No plans to change current accessibility rules for spectators.

Condition of the pitch

Pitch is in poor condition although other pitches in League 2 are considerably worse.
The pitch has recently been graded as over average for league 2.
last season five collapsed drains were noted across the pitch which were dealt with.
Currently there are two collapsed drains which will be dealt with at the end of the season.
Four times as much rain so far this season as last.
The pitch is no worse than many in EFL2 at this point in the season but MC has drawn attention to its failings and they are well understood.

West Terrace

FGR regularly criticised by away fans on their forums for the poor facilities.
No complaints received from away supporters officially to club.
Issues regularly raised when selling RR tickets amongst them.
Small inadequate marquee, little or no seating and flooded when ever there is heavy rain.
Poor temporary toilets, although Ladies only one added.
Lack of cover, limited food offer loudspeaker noise over the food and drink queue.
Request to consider moving away fans to the North Terrace and home fans onto the West Terrace on the following basis :-
• Away fans influence the referee and linesman
• home fans would rather stand on the West Terrace
• offer away fans cover in rain.
West Terrace has 100 seat stand which complies with league 2 rules.
Average away support is 400.
General view that current arrangement should remain as is.

Request to consider cover to West Terrace similar to those at Crawley and Bristol Rovers which are for seated not standing.
Technical reasons why cover not feasible. Sight Line issues. Partial cover to part of length or at back to part of the terrace not acceptable on safety grounds, possibility of large crowd trying to crush into one area at time of heavy rain.
If the roof is raised high enough not to interfere with sightlines, it would become unstable and will be liable to wind damage. Also very expensive

Three Peaks Challenge

Noted that the club will not be involved in the EFL sponsored Three Peaks Challenge in June.

Disabled Car Park and car parking

Request to improve Disabled car parking area. Agreed to improve the surface and fill in muddy holes where the disabled park
Request to look at herring bone car parking as an alternative to 90 aisle parking to increase parking capacity

Drone survey of match day operations

A suggestion has been made that a drone survey could possibly be commissioned for a match day build up and dispersal post match to see if any issues could be easily identified and then rectified.

Side protection to Stands

Consider side protection to the stands from weather
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:15 pm

Excellent comunication.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:18 am

Timb wrote:Here are some more Q&As from the recent match day program

Interested to hear if we can do more to more fans to away games?

Good question. We already heavily promote the games in advance, plus subsidise the coach costs to make it as affordable as possible. We typically get around the same number of away fans for each game – either around the 80 or 170 mark, depending on location/appeal. I’d love to see this double and we’re looking at ways to do this, maybe through some kind of incentive/loyalty programme, extra pick-up points and other ideas. Next season will be the time to judge if it works.

Good luck to Henry in his efforts.

Some years ago the club offered free transport to some away games.
Initial support was great but soon became obvious it was a blip.
By the time the run of free transport came to an end, there was no significant increase in travellers.

Some fans would like a drink on the journey but alas the law of the land forbids this so those guys choose to travel independently or not at all.

A few years ago the club was more relaxed in picking up supporters en-route. Perhaps they could re-introduce that policy. For instance we have supporters who live in Gloucester. They may travel if possible to wait at a motorway roundabout.

At most away games the FGR rep makes a hot drink for those wanting one.
Absolute terrific but very low key. The club should be shouting from the rooftops about this wonderful gesture.

The club must be careful in any potential loyalty scheme. When free transport was offered a few years ago there were a few who had paid for travel club membership and were peeved that others were getting it nothing. I don't know if it was ever resolved.

And of course the biggest deterrent is the FGR website. On the old website it was so easy to find travel info but since the upgrade it is buried three or more pages deep. A right pain it is.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:11 pm

Here are the Questions and Answers that were in today's Northampton Town match day program for your information

Obvious question - what is the Club doing in reaction to the COVID19 outbreak?

This is a subject that has, naturally, been a big topic over the past few weeks for us and all other sports clubs. At present, we are following official advice from the EFL, but we are also aware that the situation could change at any moment - unfortunately, I think it will. We have a team internally who are ready to react to the changing landscape and adapt to what keeps our fans and all visitors safe at The New Lawn. It could even change between the time I write this and this weekends match. Compared to many, we are lucky - we have about 500 litres of Faith in Nature hand wash in stock so supply isn’t an issue!

Just got back from Swindon away, amazing. Do you know how many fans we had there, the atmosphere was fantastic.

It was strange that they didn’t announce it on the speaker system, maybe they were a little distracted ... but I’m told we had 470 FGR fans at the game. And I echo your sentiment, the atmosphere was great, I hope we can keep that going home and away for the remainder of the season. It makes a real difference.

Can you confirm when Season Ticket prices will be announced?

These will be announced in the coming weeks. After a small increase last year, we are not looking to do this again as our prices are now where they should be, and are well bench marked against others clubs in EFL2. As of next season, we will have a newly created Fan Experience Team at FGR, who will be responsible for improving the direct communications with groups such as ST holders, members, international fan clubs and more, and I believe this will be a huge positive for the Club.

Personal Message

Matt Edwards, Media Manager, will be leaving FGR for pastures new this week. I’d like to put on record my thanks for his efforts over the last few years, following FGR home and away, and working tirelessly to deliver great content. Good luck Matt!
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Timb wrote:Matt Edwards, Media Manager, will be leaving FGR for pastures new this week. I’d like to put on record my thanks for his efforts over the last few years, following FGR home and away, and working tirelessly to deliver great content. Good luck Matt!

Does that mean FGR will be getting Joycie back?
Please. :)
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bill Shankly » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:24 pm

Joyce yes please.
Matt has done a great job.

I hope he is moving to a loo roll or hand sanitizer company.
Jobs anywhere are precarious now.

Matt check they have enough cash to last 4-6months.....
Bill Shankly
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Lady Magpie » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:00 am

Noah is doing Joyce's FGR roll not Matt.

Good luck Matt on where ever you are going, I promise I won't pester you again.

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to General Chat