Re: DV claims FGR would fold if it was causing climate chang

Postby stanman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:08 am

There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:40 am

This headline is about as accurate as the tosh often delivered by journalists when reporting Brexit.

He did NOT say it would fold. He said it would deserve to. Two entirely different things.

As for Dale bemoaning that we have been paralysed by the Brexit issue for 3 years to the detriment of saving the planet :roll: :roll: :roll:
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby man_of_kent » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:26 pm

I probably dont support all views of Dale (maybe due to my ignorance on certain things ) but he is very switched on and fully deserves his success to date.

I find saving mankind quite simple (the planet will survive.....it may kill a few billion to achieve it but it will in the end recover and survive). We urgently need to manage world population, take a massive drop in quality of living) or get to other planets asap.

Simples
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi
man_of_kent wrote: (the planet will survive.....it may kill a few billion to achieve it but it will in the end recover and survive).

I've believed this for years, Climate Activists are after saving the Human Race not the planet. Those who deny man made climate change could in in a hundred years or so actually be the people who actually save the planet earlier than the current green activists by wiping out the humans sooner.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:08 pm

It struck me that the E/R demos 'across the world's capitals' are generally the soft target European ones.

This Country is doing more to combat climate change than any other on our planet. I didn't see E/R demonstrating in Beijing, Moscow, Riyadh, Doha, Abu dhabi, Kuwait City, Bagdad and so on, some of the real polluters on earth. They would get short shrift there I suppose.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:29 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:It struck me that the E/R demos 'across the world's capitals' are generally the soft target European ones.

This Country is doing more to combat climate change than any other on our planet. I didn't see E/R demonstrating in Beijing, Moscow, Riyadh, Doha, Abu dhabi, Kuwait City, Bagdad and so on, some of the real polluters on earth. They would get short shrift there I suppose.

Our contribution as a club are Vegan food, a meadow, solar panels, water recovery scheme, solar powered mobot, Vegan beer (I like that).

Meanwhile unchallenged in Brazil it allows the Amazon rain forest and all the eco systems that go with it burn to the ground. I'm delighted some of the younger generation have taken up protest in the free world to effect change however slowly.

Lets hope it isn't too late for future generations though I suspect the tipping point is already upon us.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:47 pm

With great power there must also come -- great responsibility!

The reason xr seems hypocritical is beacuse they want the big businesses in the world to be regulated. I'm not sure if they realise that it's probably us that will end up paying for it.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:17 pm

Good views Dale. I do agree.
Eco-Exile
First Team
First Team

Postby paulK » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:12 am

Eco-Exile wrote:Good views Dale. I do agree.

Out of interest E-E, Dale says he supports these protesters so, by inference and your standards, he must condone and promote lawbreaking. How do you reconcile that with his actions against BJ?
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:13 am

Greeners wrote:Hi
man_of_kent wrote: (the planet will survive.....it may kill a few billion to achieve it but it will in the end recover and survive).

I've believed this for years, Climate Activists are after saving the Human Race not the planet. Those who deny man made climate change could in in a hundred years or so actually be the people who actually save the planet earlier than the current green activists by wiping out the humans sooner.

Good points.
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:07 am

Tomiswalking wrote:With great power there must also come -- great responsibility!

The reason xr seems hypocritical is beacuse they want the big businesses in the world to be regulated. I'm not sure if they realise that it's probably us that will end up paying for it.

Who else will pay for it? We've been the beneficiaries of a wholly unsupportable lifestyle, based on fuel deposits.

Big businesses are now, largely, more powerful than governments. Providing a return to their shareholders is more important than doing anything eco.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:09 am

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:It struck me that the E/R demos 'across the world's capitals' are generally the soft target European ones.

I assume from your post that you know with 100% absolute certainty that you buy nothing that is made in any of those countries, and also haven't supported the growth of those countries in the past by buying stuff from them.

Also that you are happy having a standard of living way higher than there is in those countries, what at the same time telling them to get their act into gear and accept a lower standard of living than you have.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:14 am

man_of_kent wrote:I probably dont support all views of Dale (maybe due to my ignorance on certain things ) but he is very switched on and fully deserves his success to date.

I find saving mankind quite simple (the planet will survive.....it may kill a few billion to achieve it but it will in the end recover and survive). We urgently need to manage world population, take a massive drop in quality of living) or get to other planets asap.

Simples

I'm not sure that we would ever have the wherewithal to transport millions of people to other planets. Even if we could...

Our lives here depend on the biosystem. It has worked quite well.
Biosystems like the one here on earth do not exist on other planets (that we can reach).
We would have to create an artificial system on another planet. That's quite a tall order, given all we have done is go to a satellite 50 years ago. When we did that we took all our food with us, and pretty much brought the poo home.

We have a planet.

We just need to stop destroying it.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:37 am

There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:54 am

I agree with Dale on this one.
cookiemonster
First Team
First Team

Postby Too occasional fan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:07 am

Greeners wrote:Hi

What do you think about other species? Are they part of the planet?
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:08 am

To add to my previous comment on your post, FA,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49973997
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:36 am

Well done Dale

'Extinction' protesters may be causing a lot of targeted inconvenience but not sure that it is correct to call them 'law breakers'? Unlike our PM who does so on whim
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foreign Green » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:21 am

Too occasional fan wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:With great power there must also come -- great responsibility!

Who else will pay for it? We've been the beneficiaries of a wholly unsupportable lifestyle, based on fuel deposits.

Big businesses are now, largely, more powerful than governments. Providing a return to their shareholders is more important than doing anything eco.

Agree, TOF.

When ordinary people are asked, what´s the most important thing in the world, they usually answer "health", "family", "friends", "love" etc.

Unfortunately they are wrong. Or probably they didn´t understand the question and answered instead, what´s most important in their own life - or what SHOULD be the most important thing in the world.

The most important thing in the world is the value of stock. Everythings goes around this. Politicians aren´t any more decision makers, they are just gofers of big business.

Of course we could utilize the current structures also in providing good things (eco-business et cetera). But as long as we can´t block the loopholes of the whole system, we will always be in danger to fall.
Foreign Green
Reserves
Reserves

Next

Return to General Chat