CEO Q&A

For chat about all other topics

CEO Q&A

Postby Timb » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:36 pm

This is a new thread where questions can be put to Henry Staelens regarding FGR.

Meeting notes will also be loaded up here as well.

There is already a Q&A section in the program, taken from social media rather than the forum and the Q&A from the Mansfield program is set out below.

The meeting notes from the meeting last week will be uploaded here early next week.

The other thread Supporters meeting with FGR will remain and is for discussion points, lets see how it goes.

Q&A Mansfield :--

Has the club looked at doing flexible/bundle tickets before?

To clarify: flexible tickets are where you purchase a ticket for a number of games at a discount; a bit like a mini-season ticket. This has been considered before, but instead we focused on offering ½ season tickets, which offer good value and have been popular (excellent Christmas gift!).

The option of Flexible ticketing, along with the ability to spread season ticket payments over a few months, are both on the list to be reviewed for the 2020/21 season.

Seen some stuff on social media about song choices at The New Lawn – can you update on this please?

We are putting some additional focus on the music that is played at home games – I’m very aware that some supporters feel as though they have suffered long enough with the same tunes over and over. We’ll be trying a few new things over the handful of upcoming home games, specifically looking to introduce a pre-game song. All of which will culminate in the players walking out to ‘Nu Jerusalem’ longer term, at the end of the season, we will look to upgrade the speakers around the stadium, as these are certainly a big part of the issue.

Saw you at Exeter on your way in. Apart from the result, I always enjoy going there – wondered what you thought of it?

The result aside, I had a good time at Exeter. I’m a big fan of the Chairman there; him and his team are doing a good job. Always interesting to see how clubs that are owned by Supporters’ Trusts operate, and how it effects the culture. Like us, they also have limited space around the stadium but use it well. Great to see over 400 FGR fans in the away end making one hell of a noise – long may this continue, as it’s hugely appreciated by the players.

What plans are there for the 130th Anniversary game vs Crewe?

We’ll be holding a Happy Hour (and a half) between midday and 1.30pm where certain drinks are £1.30 – a piece of marketing genius. There will be players from years-gone-by in and around the stadium. We hope to add more things to the plan over the next couple of weeks to make it a great day for all.

What can be done to reduce queues for the food outlets?

This needs improvement. Although it’s a common issue at most grounds, that doesn’t mean we just accept that it is part of a busy matchday. We’ve invested in kitchen upgrades and better (and more expensive!) till systems, both of which have improved the speed-of-serve. Next step is to focus on contactless payments, better queuing layouts and signage, as well as staff training, so that everyone gets the same level of efficient, friendly service.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: CEO Q&A

Postby michael » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Thank you for notification :

I am a bit dim -sorry -and/or need explaining to at least twice :

do i interpret this thread as a place where if anyone wishes to ask a question of the ceo -it can be posted in this thread ?

If i am correct where and when will one locate the answers -if any - ?particularly if one does not buy a programme since i believe it is very poor value compared to most other EFL2 clubs (now there's a potential question in itself-but i'll park that for now )
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:11 am

Questions here.

Answers to follow, here.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:12 am

So questions :

1/ what is the rationale for their being no phones answered (ansaphone only ) on matchday Saturdays ?
Its not just the ticket line ,but any info about anything.Does not seem that customer friendly and or helpful to either home or more importantly travelling away supporters .Surely matchday is when a direct response is most likely to be required .I appreciate fgr like to do things 'another way', but i dont think there are many professional and semi pro football clubs (even tier 8/9 no league clubs ) in the UK who don't answer the phones direct on a saturday .
could the reasoning/logic be explained ?

2/ at previous forums ,and indeed i believe late last season there was a response from the club that more variety of vegan food would be available form outlets apart from the east stand.From my perspective-FGR promotes its variety of vegan food--but only to those in the east stand.
One appreciates that it is logistically harder, and one does not want/expect the 'full menu', but is it really that hard to offer maybe another 3/4 vegan variants in the non east stand food outlets-one gets a bit bored with chips ,chips and more chips.
It may be that 'speed of sevice is the most important -and again attention may have been given in east stand ,but 'other outlets are available' as they say .
More importantly-as above, i believe this variety enhancement was previously 'promised' in the spring for this season -but i see little (if any ) sign of progress/ change in that respect .
the promotion of vegan food is very annoying/frustrating, where i want to enjoy it-but am given limited opportunity to do exactly that !
Am i simply wrong,and/or can i look forward to real developments

-edited 16 november - to be fair-at the north stand outlet there is a small selection of vegan wraps-pre-packaged but to be fair meet go someway to providing a slightly larger selection -albeit outsourced as opopsed to a in house production.the sweet potato wrap was ok. It did cause confusion ,panic and consternation when i asked if it could be heated in the microwve but thats a different issue to variety

3/ Again, if i recall correctly, for this season there was to be more on field and off field 'promotion' of the ladies team .
I differentiate between womens football and women in football-two different things.
To be fair-there was one notification on the official site about a month ago ,and fgr were maybe a bit unlucky with the 'promotional game' being cancelled,but again-nothing else/since or before(kit launch notwithstanding )
Games are being played at TNL apparently (though the club hardly reminds anyone )
Yes more postponements, but its actually gone backwards since last season with no match reports -always painful when you consistently lose -but surely should still be done

Despite assurances to the contrary last forum, do FGR really care about the ladies team ?
Do (and in what timescale )FGR really intend to promote/progress first team ladies football at the club both on field and off field ?
Appreciating that Hannah Digby's main role is not with the ladies team -there was an notification from the club that in addition she would take a bit of an overseeing role with the ladies team .-so what has she found ?
-and maybe a bit harsh-but why is the ladies team not really progressing on field either .You don't expect to win every game/climb the leagues in a hurry-but also seems to be going backwards on field

updated 17 november -a bit of progress-i see there was a twitter feed/mlive match report today and team announcement-progress-thanks.just got to link it to the official sire now and let the rest of the world know

thank you .
i look forward to replies being posted on here as advised.
what is the timescale for the next 'meeting' -answers 'published on here '-a week/a month ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:00 pm

Hi Michael, no I didn't see your pm, I don't normally look for them.

Your questions were responded to in the Question Board section of the Plymouth program, and the plan is to publish the program content on here to get to a wider audience, as per the Mansfield q&a above.

They should be uploaded here this week some time.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:06 pm

thank you .

look forward to reading the responses on here

(forgive me-but i don't buy the programme as compared to most other clubs incl quite a few non league-bluntly i do not think it is very good value .
that given-if i can get to the crewe game, i may see if i can get a back copy of the plymouth one .

if not thanks for re-assurance that they will be posted on here regardless in 7/14 days
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:35 pm

Timb wrote:Hi Michael, no I didn't see your pm, I don't normally look for them.

Your questions were responded to in the Question Board section of the Plymouth program, and the plan is to publish the program content on here to get to a wider audience, as per the Mansfield q&a above.

They should be uploaded here this week some time.

maybe this week instead then ?

After waiting 19 days-am i being unreasonable to suggest that maybe its time the answers were uploaded on here as advised that they would be ?

Do we need to take responsiblity for our actions and follow through with what we advise ?

(i do not like the word should-so fluffy and meaningless and allows scope for a 'cop out ' )

that all given-if it really is so much hard work to do the do as opposed to talk the talk, and its all a bit easier -i would equally welcome a copy of the plymouth programme being provided gratis
Last edited by michael on Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:35 am

I was introduced to Henry last week by Pitchfork and, whilst it came as a bit of a surprise, I have to say that it was a pleasure to meet him.

What had led to this was a conversation in the Gym Bar before the game with Pitchfork where I joked that I liked what had been done with the bar but had a bit of an issue with the red paint on a couple of the steel columns, which is the colour of our rivals. Pitchfork said that he would go and get the CEO and I could address my concern to him, I had offered to come up and paint over the offending items in my own time if the club could provide paint, a brush and ladder. Imagine my surprise when just a few minutes later he (Pitchfork) returned with Henry. I repeated my offer and was told that it would be sorted out before our next game, I am happy to report that yesterday...just one week later...the offending red paintwork is no more!

Thanks Henry!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:36 pm

Foggy wrote:I was introduced to Henry last week by Pitchfork and, whilst it came as a bit of a surprise, I have to say that it was a pleasure to meet him.

What had led to this was a conversation in the Gym Bar before the game with Pitchfork where I joked that I liked what had been done with the bar but had a bit of an issue with the red paint on a couple of the steel columns, which is the colour of our rivals. Pitchfork said that he would go and get the CEO and I could address my concern to him, I had offered to come up and paint over the offending items in my own time if the club could provide paint, a brush and ladder. Imagine my surprise when just a few minutes later he (Pitchfork) returned with Henry. I repeated my offer and was told that it would be sorted out before our next game, I am happy to report that yesterday...just one week later...the offending red paintwork is no more!

Thanks Henry!

Action! Well done.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:46 pm

I want to amplify the above post, I was surprised to meet Henry (being introduced by Pitchfork)...not surprised that he came across as a nice bloke!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Freddy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:41 am

The GYM bar needs to be soundproofed as the reflected noise from the metal ceiling makes it very difficult to hear a conversation even when the bar starts to empty as the kick off time approaches. We require a suspended ceiling fitted and the mirrors covered in sound absorbing material (wallpaper).

There you go Henry, over to you.
Freddy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby HCS » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi all,

Getting a good amount of questions coming in this season which I answer in each programme in my notes - they are then kindly posted on here by members of the SC a few weeks later. But if you have any questions or feedback on club matters, please do send them into reception@fgr.co.uk with subject CEO Q&A and I’ll get them answered.

Thanks
Henry
FGR CEO
HCS
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Funfly » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:03 pm

So those of us who support from afar and only access via this forum or Twitter feed will not see the answers to the questions?
Funfly
Youth
Youth

Return to General Chat