Macclesfield's woes

For chat about all other topics

Macclesfield's woes

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:44 pm

Macclesfield could face further sanctions from the EFL with their Sky Bet League Two match at home to Plymouth Argyle on Saturday under threat because a safety certificate is yet to be issued.

The Silkmen were deducted six points by an independent disciplinary commission on Thursday, with a further four suspended, over non-payment of wages to players and also the failure to fulfil the fixture against Crewe on December 7.

If the match against Plymouth at Moss Rose also has to be postponed, it would incur further charges.

Macclesfield must be thinking that it never rain but just pours.
Let's hope they can get themselves sorted.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Macclesfield's woes

Postby twoguns » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:31 pm

Match against Plymouth tomorrow postponed due to crowd safety issues and the EFL threatens serious sanctions as a consequence.

I'm starting to think that following the demise of Bury this maybe the tip of the iceberg. Interesting to read the thoughts of the Luton chairman regarding the finances of the Championship.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:49 pm

There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bill Shankly » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:09 am

End of the road looms.They will be joining Bury Burscough and the rest of North Wales counties division 1.

No one in their right mind will put investment into this basket case so I hope the EFL acts decisively and we don'the get another lingering death.

Cancelled games costs fans money with irrecoverable prebooked hotels,rail etc

Adding strength to ideas of regionalisation for Div 1,Div 2 and the National League.It is Rediculous Barrow playing Ebbsfleet ,Carlisle v Plymouth etc etc

Looks like there will.no game on 29th barring a miracle.currently all the top sides will lose points if they get booted out whereas we have yet to play them.
A small positive but we lose revenue in a holiday game will the EFL subsidise clubs who won'the have a home game v Macclesfield ...doubt it.

So many unanswered questions.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby FootieMan » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:25 am

Please note BS that IF Macclesfield were to be expelled the EFL could make a compensatory payment to those clubs who are denied income from a lost home fixture. This could be from the parachute payment which relegated clubs receive for two years. There will be sufficient in that pot.

If Macc do go, FGR along with the other clubs in a similar position, should be proposing this, to the EFL in an open letter signed by all their Chairman, to the new Chair of the EFL - Rick Parry.
He will not wish to see even more bad PR within a couple of weeks of taking charge, after the criticism heaped on his predecessor over Bury.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby stanman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:57 pm

https://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/24.12.19-boxing-day-clash-with-grimsby-town-to-go-ahead-as-scheduled/

Well done Macca! Boxing Day match at home to go ahead.
It looks as though we will have a game at TNL on Sunday 29th. Good.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:41 am

This is an extract I received yesterday from the FGR Supporter's Club.

"The Supporters Club want to wish you the very best for the festive season. Hopefully all of our remaining matches will be as exciting as the Swindon game last Saturday! Best wishes to all our fans travelling to Stevenage on Boxing Day.

We play Macclesfield Town at home on the 29th of December. You may well have heard of the difficulties this club have been facing in recent weeks and months. The Supporters Club wanted to show some support for Macclesfield by pledging the proceeds of the Rovers Raffle on the 29th to the Silkmens Supporters Club (the SSC). The SSC are battling hard to save their club. They are doing this in a number of ways, including making hardship loans to Macclesfield Town staff and players who are having problems because they haven't been paid their salaries.

We didn't want to make this decision without checking with you, the members. The Supporters Club's remit is to improve the experience for our own FGR fans but we hope you might agree with us that a small gesture to show support to a fellow League 2 club in difficult times would be appropriate at this time of year."

Terrific gesture from the SC and one I fully endorse.
Lets hope they sell a bumper number of tickets on the day.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeinWillsbridge » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:06 pm

That is a very nice gesture, especially at this time of year.
TreeinWillsbridge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Pitchfork » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:27 pm

There has been a huge positive response from SC members to the raffle profits to be donated to Silkmen Supporters Club

It is all go!
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:21 am

Its game day so tragic though it is-forgive me for 'moving on '

so Daryl McMahon bombs out of Macclesfield and rocks up at Dagenham 24 hours later.
i have no idea whether that says more about the strife at macclesfield, or the personality of Mr McMahon who was never the most popular person in Kent
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:49 am

Southend .

Most have probably read that Southend have now failed to pay some of their staff wages last month (paid some apparently )

anything to do with the fact that Mr Campbell is manager is of course simply co-incidence .
where was he before ?

i simply wonder how their directorship allow a high profile manager to be recruited together with high profie backroom staff (andy cole for example ).i assume they did not take the jobs for glory only and no salary-and then 3 months later Southend mysteriously find out that paying everybody is a bit of a problem.
thats a surprise then .

re-assuring to see good financial management at another club is apparently in place -not .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat