Stevenage

For chat about all other topics

Stevenage

Postby Foggy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:01 pm

...manager has left the club, Alex Revell will manage the team until the end of the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51523874

...although it does seem a little confusing as to who was really running the show!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Re: Stevenage

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:19 pm

The're doomed.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby DominicH » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:05 am

Can't see any way other than down for them, unless there is a near miraculous turn-around in their performance in the next few weeks. And there's no indication of that coming about.

As I'm quite fond of them (having family connections with the town), I'm sorry to say that, not that I'd be rubbing my hands with glee at the two other most plausuble relegation candidates being sent back to the national league either. Oldham or Scunthorpe I'd be much less sentimental about.

I'm not sure what happened at Broadhall Way: they weren't dreadful last season; they have a consistent, if not enormous, support base (as things stand, just about slightly larger than ours, and substantially larger than that of Crawley and probably Macclesfield). Yes, they are in a largely Spurs-supporting town (but maybe benefit less from Spurs fans attending their matches when their first choice team are not at home than, say, Dagenham & Redbridge did, in their league days, from Hammers' supporters turning out to support the smaller local team) ,but well, I suppose 10 years (is it?) in the league for a club of this size isn't dreadful. It's twice what (cheating and Steve Evans-employing) Boston managed, or the kings of the pies, Kidderminster Harriers, or the brave but unsustainable project that was Rushden & Diamonds managed, at least.

Maybe they'll be back, I'm not sure.
DominicH
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:27 pm

I dont think they're doomed, they need to break the spell and go on a good run.

Just like we do...
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:54 pm

I too would like Stevenage to stay up since it’s an away game I can get to. Maybe Carlisle and Morecambe could collapse and I can avoid feeling guilty about not getting to them. The thought of Carlisle, Morecambe and Barrow all being in our league next season is not appealing to a Person away supporter like me
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:03 pm

no need to worry tommo-there are still a few delusional souls out there who think FGR will be in EFL 1 next season ,so it won't be an issue for you !!
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:17 pm

michael wrote:no need to worry tommo-there are still a few delusional souls out there who think FGR will be in EFL 1 next season ,so it won't be an issue for you !!

Well we played well for the first 6 minutes and got a concellation goal at the end.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat