Battle of the forum games

For chat about all other topics

Battle of the forum games

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:36 pm

New Forest Rover established several games on the forum during the lockdown - amazingly 3 are competing for popularity - Who am I, Word association & Change a letter

Each one has attracted almost 30,000 views, almost 1000 replies on 48 pages

Change a letter just in the lead with replies, Who am I with views

Roll on the football!
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Battle of the forum games

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:40 pm

I noticed this a few days ago when all three threads had 46 pages.

For a long time, Word Association was a long way in front, followed by Change a letter with Who am I? struggling to keep in touch.
Recently it's been slowly catching up and now just as popular as the other two. It probably has more views because everyone is looking to see if new clues are being posted so that they don't miss one. Me included! :lol:

I'll be glad when football returns but it doesn't mean I'll stop playing the games. Returning to work will just mean I'll be able to post less often.

I know of other forums where these games continue all year round and have thousands of posts so hopefully ours will always be here for those that still want to play.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:56 pm

It's very good NFR when you are in the driving seat, but vey frustrating when you are on the detective side, pushing to solve the case, so to speak. The damn thing gets a grip on some of us and we can't let go. :lol:
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:05 pm

I stopped playing Who am I because I ran out of suitable characters for people to guess, without getting really obscure...Minnie the Minx had people stumped for ages!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:51 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:It's very good NFR when you are in the driving seat, but vey frustrating when you are on the detective side, pushing to solve the case, so to speak. The damn thing gets a grip on some of us and we can't let go. :lol:

You sound like Harry Ambrose.
Best detective ever because he'll do anything to solve a case!

I know how you feel.
:D
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:00 pm

Foggy wrote:I stopped playing Who am I because I ran out of suitable characters for people to guess, without getting really obscure...Minnie the Minx had people stumped for ages!

I did notice you weren't playing anymore which is such a shame because you regularly guessed the correct answer.

I ran out of characters ages ago so just spend a few hours looking for new ones every time I win. As long as you post new clues within a couple of days, there's no rush.

Come back soon please. We miss you!
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:06 pm

I'm more of an Inspector Jaap sort, employ my friend with the 'leetle grey cells' (Wikipedia), to do the work. :lol:

Incidentally, I am sure that if one of my other friends, Seat C32, were to join in, he would catch on to my first clue in the latest 'Who am I' job? ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:22 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
Foggy wrote:I stopped playing Who am I because I ran out of suitable characters for people to guess, without getting really obscure...Minnie the Minx had people stumped for ages!

I did notice you weren't playing anymore which is such a shame because you regularly guessed the correct answer.

I ran out of characters ages ago so just spend a few hours looking for new ones every time I win. As long as you post new clues within a couple of days, there's no rush.

I also tired of people pulling me up on my use of the English language!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:34 pm

Foggy wrote:
NewForestRover wrote:

I also tired of people pulling me up on my use of the English language!

I've looked back and pretty sure I know the posts you are referring to. Misunderstandings happen but doesn't mean they will happen again.

Hope you will continue playing and have another guess soon.
:)
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:50 pm

Forum Game: Who Am I? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=113162&start=1020

First out of the games to:
1,000 replies
52 pages

I guess with the season approaching, there will be more debate on the team & prospects for the season ahead.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat