Three Stars on my collar

For chat about all other topics

Three Stars on my collar

Postby michael » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:55 pm

So if Wycombe Wanderers can do it ,is the chairman of Forest Green Rovers correct ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Three Stars on my collar

Postby Bill Shankly » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:43 am

I would n't worry they will be back down next season.

Insufficient funds or crowds (0 or 4000) to compete v The big boys remember 9 teams have premiership support via parachute payments.
Sorry 8 if Hull go down (likely)
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:39 pm

I don't think i am particularly worried about WW ,and i'm not too sure that was in anyway the question
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby DominicH » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:24 pm

Certainly a fairytale for a club like Wycombe. And I'm sure they'll enjoy their time in the Championship, although I'd not bet on it lasting more than one season.

All that said.....and all credit to them for living according to their means... but they way they play football is as far removed from the Cooper approach as possible. Pure and aggressive hoofball. I'm almost inclined to say non-league-style... It's not usually attractive to watch, but can be exciting when it works; at least, if you can overlook the level of rolling around on the ground and timewasting they have tended to go in for.

It strikes me though that one other element of their suggest is the longevity at the team of numerous key players (as well as the manager) - they've really become accustomed to working with one another, and know how to interact. Seems they have a great team spirit as a result. Will be interesting to see how they adapt at a higher level, but I'm sceptical they'll be able to stay up. A bit like Dagenham getting to League One: seemed utterly implausible, and so it proved.
DominicH
Reserves
Reserves

Return to General Chat