NEWS | Rovers reveal dazzling new away kit

For chat about all other topics

NEWS | Rovers reveal dazzling new away kit

Postby FGR_Media » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:59 pm

Forest Green’s new away kit officially launches this morning in a style that nods to the iconic black and white stripes of the past, but with a new-age twist.

Recognised by FIFA as the greenest football club in the world and the top club in Europe for fan engagement, FGR working with PlayerLayer for a third season - have just unveiled another dazzling new kit – once again utilising a bamboo-mix material proudly sporting nature’s original camo – the zebra stripe.

Complementing the eye-catching black and white zebra print, the kit also features FGR’s infamous three stars, which signify the club’s ambition to reach the Championship, Sea Shepherd’s iconic skull and crossbones logo, and branding of the Club’s Official Milk Partner, Oatly, on the back of the shorts.

The launch video entitled ‘Evolution, features players Ebou Adams and Dom Bernard, and highlights how the kit has come to be by showcasing images of FGR shirts dating back to the early 1900s.

Dale Vince, Chairman, Forest Green Rovers, said:

"I love this kit. It looks fantastic, bamboo is a super material to wear - and it’s a great evolution of our incredibly popular green and black original. I’m looking forward to the new season and seeing this kit in action."

Speaking about the design, Forest Green’s Ebou Adams said: “I really like how we’ve blended a retro feel into a modern kit, and I’m sure the fans will like it too. Can’t wait for away days!”

Last season’s newly launched home kit, the green and black zebra print, saw stock sell out on numerous occasions throughout the season, with orders being shipped to over 46 countries.

Fans can now order the new FGR away kit, including options for personalisation.
https://forest-green-rovers.myshopify.com/
FGR_Media
Reserves
Reserves

Re: NEWS | Rovers reveal dazzling new away kit

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:14 pm

Looks good. Am impressed.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:52 pm

Roll on an away day.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:33 pm

Love the kit but still really uncomfortable having Sea Shepherd as a sponsor.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Bristol_Green » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:34 pm

It's nice.

Got to say I prefer the green and black though. It's grown on me.

A tip for anyone buying the new shirt... The Player Layer shirts are a very generous fit. I am six foot, and not exactly thin built. I normally buy extra large tops. Ordered the home shirt in extra large. It's very big, large would have been ample. Possibly even a medium.
Bristol_Green
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:16 pm

Bristol_Green wrote:It's nice.

A tip for anyone buying the new shirt... The Player Layer shirts are a very generous fit. I am six foot, and not exactly thin built. I normally buy extra large tops. Ordered the home shirt in extra large. It's very big, large would have been ample. Possibly even a medium.

I also prefer the green and black. Probably because those are the colours I associate with FGR rather than the original black and white.
Whenever I see black and white, I always think of Newcastle.
I agree about the shirt sizes. I'm only 5ft 2 and have a medium one. It's so long I could wear it as a dress!
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bristol_Green » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:42 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
Bristol_Green wrote:It's nice.

I also prefer the green and black. Probably because those are the colours I associate with FGR rather than the original black and white.
Whenever I see black and white, I always think of Newcastle.
I agree about the shirt sizes. I'm only 5ft 2 and have a medium one. It's so long I could wear it as a dress!

You could go camping with a family of four, and two dogs, in the extra large. Never seen anything like it :lol:
Bristol_Green
Reserves
Reserves

Postby DominicH » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:57 pm

Received mine today, and I like it. Even if aesthetically I prefer last year's away kit, it's good to have some tradition back in its colours.

Definitely agree with everyone else about the sizing, and really thankful the club mentioned it on the website - can't remember the last time I fitted into a "small" of anything.....
DominicH
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:20 am

you mean that woman and man alike no longer need to cut the labels out of the clothing ,but can wear it inside out with the label as a badge of honour ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:50 am

Love this as much as the green and black. The grey stripes on the back are really clever.

Really wonderful.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dove » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:09 pm

Foggy wrote:Love the kit but still really uncomfortable having Sea Shepherd as a sponsor.

What's wrong with having a sponsor who are against exploitation and the killing of whales.
dove
Youth
Youth

Postby Foggy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:12 pm

dove wrote:
Foggy wrote:Love the kit but still really uncomfortable having Sea Shepherd as a sponsor.

What's wrong with having a sponsor who are against exploitation and the killing of whales.

I am against that, but it is their methods that are a little bit extreme...trying to blow holes in the side of a ship using limpet mines for starters!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bristol_Green » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:19 pm

Foggy wrote:
dove wrote:

I am against that, but it is their methods that are a little bit extreme...trying to blow holes in the side of a ship using limpet mines for starters!

Sinking whaling ships saves lives.
Bristol_Green
Reserves
Reserves

Postby dove » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:26 pm

Foggy wrote:
dove wrote:

Need must....you need a radical approach to disrupt this exploitation and cruelty
dove
Youth
Youth

Postby Foggy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:17 pm

Risking lives of sailors, by using explosives against their vessel, probably oversteps the line between being an eco-warrior and a terrorist.

Do your own research, if you are comfortable with our club being associated with this group then fine, I'm not. That is all I have to say on the matter.
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:48 pm

Foggy wrote:Risking lives of sailors, by using explosives against their vessel, probably oversteps the line between being an eco-warrior and a terrorist.

Do your own research, if you are comfortable with our club being associated with this group then fine, I'm not. That is all I have to say on the matter.

I am not arguing for or against your view however I would note that the arguments you make against Sea Shepherd are similar to the ones made against BLM, who I see in your user signature you do support with the #BLM hashtag.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dove » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:05 pm

Foggy wrote:Risking lives of sailors, by using explosives against their vessel, probably oversteps the line between being an eco-warrior and a terrorist.

Whale Lives Matter.
dove
Youth
Youth

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:11 am

dove wrote:

Whale Lives Matter.

I support GREENPEACE but have difficulty in supporting SEA SHEPHERD because of their tactics, as explained by other posters.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dove » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:14 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
dove wrote:

Whale Lives Matter.

I support GREENPEACE but have difficulty in supporting SEA SHEPHERD because of their tactics, as explained by other posters.

We have a heroic organisation like Sea Shepherd, because right wing conservative governments around the world do nothing about the environment, unless it's making profit for them and their mates.

Some people on here must find it difficult sometimes supporting a green and radical football club.
For some people on here it must be difficult supporting a green and radical football club
dove
Youth
Youth

Postby Bristol_Green » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:33 pm

To be brutally honest, I will choose a whale's life over a whalers, every day of the week.
Bristol_Green
Reserves
Reserves

Next

Return to General Chat