ex-FGR players...

For chat about all other topics

Re: ex-FGR players...

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:27 pm

James Norwood and Steve McNulty started well for Tranmere Rovers today - Both sent off with red cards,
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mothy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:56 pm

Big win for Telford at York yesterday. Winner and only goal scored by Matthew Barnes-Homer.

Parky is still there at York too.
Supporting local football #WeAreFGR #BacktheBucks
Mothy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Telford, Shropshire - Privileged to have been raised in Eastington & Nailsworth

Postby Chrisgump11 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Oh James!

Surprised at McNulty who has a pretty good disciplinary record. But when Rovers played at Tranny and Wembley in 2017, and in the televised semis v Aldershot, he threw punches and elbows stuff off the ball, when the game had moved on. Described as 'naughty' by the commentators who no doubt, if mugged that night, would have described the perps in the same way? Methinks age and bulk is becoming a problem.

Mickie Mellon will need to get some discipline sorted in what is bound to be a very competitive National League season. To start your next game without 2 key players is hardly ideal, and presumably Norwood will be out for 3 for a straight red?
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby gooseman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:37 pm

I see certain Jonathan Smith has signed for Stevenage from Luton. Good signing IMO. At 30, in the twilight of his professional football career but would be an ideal player to have to give the midfield a stronger edge.
gooseman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Game Within » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:25 pm

Kiether Moore scores 2 in as many minutes for Rotherham.
The Game Within
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Game Within » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Make that 3
The Game Within
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:51 pm

The Game Within wrote:Make that 3

Excellent. Thought he would get some at that level. If he uts himself about he is a handful
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Tommo wrote:
The Game Within wrote:Make that 3

Excellent. Thought he would get some at that level. If he uts himself about he is a handful

You obviously need a "P" Tommo, you will feel better afterwards.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Seat C32 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Woolery for Swindon.
Seat C32
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby andymac26 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Guess who just scores for Swindon.....
andymac26
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:06 pm

it seems that Keiffer Moore had a half decent game today .

(would not be surprised if that launches him into greater recognition-only a one-off game-but given a run-which he did not get at FGR -always thought he could be the real deal -time will tell
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:12 pm

michael wrote:it seems that Keiffer Moore had a half decent game today .

(would not be surprised if that launches him into greater recognition-only a one-off game-but given a run-which he did not get at FGR -always thought he could be the real deal -time will tell

Agreed. I think he has plenty of attributes to make him a success. I thought it was a shame he never got a run of games up top for us. He was surprisingly quick for a big guy too. Good luck to him I say. Certainly felt odd that we sold him for 10k and replaced him with Mullings for 30k.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:37 am

camel wrote:
michael wrote:it seems that Keiffer Moore had a half decent game today .

Agreed. I think he has plenty of attributes to make him a success. I thought it was a shame he never got a run of games up top for us. He was surprisingly quick for a big guy too. Good luck to him I say. Certainly felt odd that we sold him for 10k and replaced him with Mullings for 30k.

Yes, true. Maybe it had more to do with Moore's aspirations than the club but it would have been good to have held on to him.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NECbowler » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:48 am

I see Kevin Nicholson has been sacked by Torquay
NECbowler
Youth
Youth

Postby T50 BOS » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:39 pm

I see that Ethan Pinnock has been warming the bench for Barnsley's league games so why not make a cheeky approach and offer him some game time on loan until January ;)
T50 BOS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby camel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:52 pm

NECbowler wrote:I see Kevin Nicholson has been sacked by Torquay

Who will drive the team bus?!

He did well to keep them up last season. The club seems in a fairly bad way.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Forest Fan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Steve Arnold has signed a one-year contract for Pennock at Gillingham. It will be interesting to see if he gets games in League One.
Sometimes 90 minutes is just not enough.
Forest Fan
Youth
Youth

Postby michael » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:19 am

from Kent -on -line

Arnold said: “I’ve been here for the last two or three weeks just getting familiar with the boys and I’m buzzing to get it all signed and sorted.

“I still have ambitions of making a name for myself in the league and hopefully I can do that here.”

Pennock added: “I signed Steve during my time at Forest Green and he was top drawer there. For me he hasn’t fulfilled his potential as a goalkeeper, he is a good lad and will fit in well.”

I rated arnold higher than most-but top draawer exaggerates it a bit,and despite him being pretty good imo-Ruseell was always the better of the two.

Unfortunately-it looks like deja vue this season again
]
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:16 am

Gillingham have been absolutely dreadful to watch under Pennock, can see this season being a real struggle. After clinging on for a 0-0 draw at Doncaster on the opening day, their boss Darren Ferguson bemoaned the lack of quality on show, whereas Pennock stated "I love nil-nils". Sums up his approach really.

As for Arnold, some might say the only way he could be described as being "top drawer" for us is as a euphemism for "pants"....

Seriously though, much as he did play quite well at times and seemed a decent bloke, he made too many mistakes, including 2 in the play-off final. Certainly not one of the best keepers we've had imo.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:14 am

love the eupherism-made me laugh-have to remember that one.

that said-i must agree with Mr Pennock that i similarly salivate over nil-nils-its sooo professional
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat