ex-FGR players and managers...

For chat about all other topics

Re: ex-FGR players and managers...

Postby Tim13 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:31 pm

michael wrote:Does anyone else think that a PSF v Sutton competing for the Dale Bennett Trophy would be well received by both sets of supporters ?

not one of those farcical testimonial things-just a proper serious pre season game

If they win their replay with Billericay, then we play them in the FA Cup on 9th November. This would be a good opportunity to acknowledge Dale’s contribution to both clubs. Perhaps a minute’s applause in the 6th minute?

Tim
Tim13
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:13 am

The Game Within wrote:Reece not in Cowley's first squad.

Reece still seems a fair way away from featuring in the first team but you can see some good passes and goals from him on the Elite Development Team site on the Huddersfield website. They have had a couple of big recent wins and Reece has featured prominently. Hopefully he will come through later in the season
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:43 pm

Nors scores a brace taking Ipswich to the top of league 1.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:02 pm

Lord Norwood going from strength to strength. Feel some sympathy though for Christian at Hibs.

REPAY FAITH Christian Doidge says he’s been trying too hard to justify £300k Hibs transfer. Sun Sept. 30th
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Lord Norwood going from strength to strength. Feel some sympathy though for Christian at Hibs.

REPAY FAITH Christian Doidge says he’s been trying too hard to justify £300k Hibs transfer. Sun Sept. 30th

Doidge is injured I believe. He’s become first team material there and just needs to get a goal
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Green Devil » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Doidge starting game v Celtic now on BT Sport. Semi final of Scottish Betfred Cup and a great chance for him to make a name for himself up there.

As I write he has just been booked (harsh in my opinion) but good to see he is getting stuck in
“Information is a source of learning. But unless it is organized, processed, and available to the right people in a format for decision making, it is a burden, not a benefit.” (William Pollard)
Green Devil
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Chrisgump11 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:21 pm

Matty Taylor enjoying life at Oxford. Last minute equaliser with his head no less
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:47 am

Green Devil wrote:Doidge starting game v Celtic now on BT Sport. Semi final of Scottish Betfred Cup and a great chance for him to make a name for himself up there.

As I write he has just been booked (harsh in my opinion) but good to see he is getting stuck in

Had a bad game apparently. He seemed to be settling in but after the last couple of games the fans view is unflattering
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Freddy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:58 pm

Adrian Pennock, head coach of Brunei DPMM FC leads his team to the Singapore Premier League title for this season (2019) Also becoming coach of the year in the process.
Freddy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby John Whiffen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:09 am

Tommo wrote:
Green Devil wrote:Doidge starting game v Celtic now on BT Sport. Semi final of Scottish Betfred Cup and a great chance for him to make a name for himself up there.

Had a bad game apparently. He seemed to be settling in but after the last couple of games the fans view is unflattering

I’ve just spent five weeks up in Scotland and never once saw a complimentary comment in the press unfortunately.

It’s a shame after his superb performances for us for so long.

Hopefully, as Thommo says, “just needs to get a goal”
John Whiffen
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:16 pm

Hibernian manager Paul Heckinbottam sacked.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dursleydog » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:06 pm

From the Hibs forum regarding Doidge:

“Doidge is the worst thing to happen to scottish football ever. I honestly cannot find a redeeming quality in him. He's slow, although he gets his head to the ball he hasn't a clue where it's going and couldn't score if his life depended on it. Look at the swedes goal today or Boyles on Wednesday and compare with the 4 chances he had in Aberdeen. If he gets another game in a hibs jersey I'll consider asking for a refund on the tickets.“

He didn’t look like the same player post-Bolton to me, now this move seems to have just unsettled him further. Getting pretty worried about him, we know it’s not lack of effort from his time here.
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:23 am

Joycie, now press officer at Cheltenham interviewed Darren Carter for an article on their website.
https://www.ctfc.com/news/2019/november ... -solihull/
Darren played for both Gloucestershire clubs so much of article is FGR related and he did say that he enjoyed his time at TNL.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:35 am

Neil Grayson, who has just celebrated his 55th birthday and played for both Gloucestershire clubs, is the focus of a Gloucestershire Live article.
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... on-3513636
The article is firmly Cheltenham focused but nevertheless Neil remains one of FGR's legends and it's worth a read about his life and family after FGR.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby man_of_kent » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Doidge scores 2 in first 17 mins!!

New manager n all that ….
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:44 pm

Doidge hattrick today for Hibs and Dan Wishart scores for Maidenhead.

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:19 pm

scored as well with another maid today
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Congratulations to Chris Doidge for finding the net at last. Hope things look up for him from here
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Very pleased for Doidge. Under Heckingbottom he was pretty much on his own up too and confidence was low. Today he had a strike partner and took his goals well apparently. Playing for Wales is still not beyond him
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Doidgey's hat-trick courtesy of 'crazy legs'. So funny! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHkW2dWq10k
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat