ex-FGR players and managers...

For chat about all other topics

Re: ex-FGR players...

Postby Greeners Jnr » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:13 am

The Running Rover wrote:
FGR-RJS wrote:Lee Hughes signs for Worcester City today, from Ilkeston FC.

More clubs than Tiger Woods...

But not as many as Jefferson Louis :lol: :lol: :lol:
Geronimo!!!!!!!
Greeners Jnr
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Saltus Viridi fautoribusque est in Cestrensi comitatu

Postby The Game Within » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:18 pm

I see Chris Stokes is on TV playing for Coventry in there match with Burton score at HT 1-1.
The Game Within
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Great Dane » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:27 pm

Another one we let go for nowt :oops:
Great Dane
First Team
First Team

Postby Lady Magpie » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Great Dane wrote:Another one we let go for nowt :oops:

So would you stand in his way if he wanted to go up in the league.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:34 pm

And, would you play him, knowing he won't be part of a future team?
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Theoperator » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:30 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
Great Dane wrote:Another one we let go for nowt :oops:

So would you stand in his way if he wanted to go up in the league.

think the comment was aimed at a lack of any fee LM, not the standing in his way.

Probably best move on, I liked Stokes, still love the fact he comes to certain matches, he obviously wasnt in Adys plans. A fee would have been good, but do any of us know if theres a sell on fee included (Would generally be a great idea if possible to have)
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby stanman » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:23 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tranmere-rovers-fc-boss-gary-10015630

So Nors is the answer to Tranmere's promotion challenge then. Hmmm....
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:36 pm

When in form and playing regularly, Nors is virtually guaranteed to get 15-20 goals a season, which for a winger is phenomenal. I very much doubt KMB, or any winger in this division, will get anywhere near that many. His goal scoring record for us was tremendous, our all time leading scorer in the Conference, and I'm surprised at the cynicism and distain shown towards him by some of our fans.

One of the best players in the league, and if he can get back to his best he could well be a decisive factor in Tranmere's promotion aspirations.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:19 pm

Kentstripe wrote:When in form and playing regularly, Nors is virtually guaranteed to get 15-20 goals a season, which for a winger is phenomenal. I very much doubt KMB, or any winger in this division, will get anywhere near that many. His goal scoring record for us was tremendous, our all time leading scorer in the Conference, and I'm surprised at the cynicism and distain shown towards him by some of our fans.

One of the best players in the league, and if he can get back to his best he could well be a decisive factor in Tranmere's promotion aspirations.

Seconded. He may have lost the plot a couple of times with us but he has always been exciting to watch and will get goals for Tranmere if he can get fit. I hope that when we play them he gets the welcome he deserves.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGRbenz » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:41 pm

I agree that he is a quality player that scores goals. I know he had his heart set on leaving and I imagine Ady had the same thoughts. But Nors' attitude in the POSF 1st leg was disgusting when he came on, I distinctly remember one point where he was clear down the wing and literally just out of the blue booted it into the gas fans..lost a lot of respect for him in the final few games he played for us, never played with the passion he had done in previous seasons, the last glimpse of FGRs Norwood I think was the 3-3 draw against Lincoln. He was gone after that. Saying that, he will get a round of applause for me and I'm sure from everyone else, no hard feelings, but just a shame he couldn't see it through right until the last moment at Bristol Rovers.
FGRbenz
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:47 pm

Isn't that exactly the point in ks and tommo's posts:

full of if's/coulds/maybes/if fit etc etc.
all fluffy words.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Theoperator » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:27 am

Come on Michael we all know you didnt like the guy, the only if with Nors is he will get the goals IF his temperament is right. He was always potentially iffy temperamentally, TBF DH did actually get how to get the best out of him. Not sure that Ady or the backroom staff got him and thus didnt get the best from him.

Note to Tranmere, sticking Nors up front probably wont get the best from him either

FGRbenz- I remember the shot into the Rovers fans- It was a poor shot but IIRC there wasnt many options open for him, as there hasnt been for our players most of the match :oops:
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:50 am

michael wrote:Isn't that exactly the point in ks and tommo's posts:

full of if's/coulds/maybes/if fit etc etc.
all fluffy words.

You might be right, however the hard facts are Norwood scored 50 Conference goals for the club, and is the all time leading scorer for the club in the division. A record of 1 in 3 over a long period of time is very impressive for a winger.

He also captained England C in that time, scoring a few goals including a hat trick against Bermuda. Paul Fairclough was a big fan, to the point where he retained him as captain for his last eligible game despite his sending off in the ICT.

I can't think of many wingers, at any level, who have a more impressive goal return then that.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-RJS » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:17 pm

FGR-RJS
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Terrible incident.

I don't know why FGR's name needs to be included in this story though. No other previous employers in or outside of football of either man are mentioned, so why Rovers?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby King George » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:32 pm

For those of you who remember FGR before Eco, Antony Tonkin currently playing down at Frome.
King George
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Theoperator » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:23 pm

Nors scores again. As did Mangan
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby Theoperator » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:35 pm

See Nors was suspended for the same reason that JJ and Pipe were- Heard the Tranmere Manager feeling very sore, something he hadnt been made aware of from FGR was his comment I heard on the Non league show.

At least Mangham saw to Cheltenham :lol:

However the charges were on the FA website on 31st of MAy show someone could have spotted them.....

From the website

orest Green Rovers U21
Bath City U21 v Forest Green Rovers U21
Development Friendly, 23 March 2015
Breach of FA Rule E20 – It is alleged that in or around the 17th minute of the fixture, Forest Green Rovers FC failed to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion

Forest Green Rovers U21 has until 1 June 2015 to respond

David Pipe, Forest Green Rovers U21
Breach of FA Rule E3 - It is alleged that Mr Pipe's behaviour during the above fixture amounts to improper conduct and/or brought the game into disrepute

Pipe has until 1 June 2015 to respond

James Norwood, Forest Green Rovers U21
Breach of FA Rule E3 - It is alleged that Mr Norwood's behaviour in failing to leave the field of play immediately following his dismissal amounts to improper conduct

Norwood has until 1 June 2015 to respond

James Jennings, Forest Green Rovers U21
Breach of FA Rule E3 - It is alleged that Mr Jennings used abusive and/or insulting and/or threatening language and/or behaviour towards a Match Official

Jennings has until 1 June 2015 to respond

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/20 ... of3p4jg.99
Theoperator
First Team
First Team

Postby voodoobluesman » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:52 pm

I'd believe it of many, but not Cap'n Pipe. I'd love to know what happened.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby biggazza » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:21 pm

I spoke to Pipey yesterday. He was captain of the side and when it all kicked off he led the players off the pitch as instructed by his manager. This led to the charge. This added to his frustration as he was only obeying orders. No doubt that was why Ady was defending him at the hearing.
biggazza
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat