New Stadium

For chat about all other topics

New Stadium

Postby andymac26 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:49 pm

This piece just came up on AOL home page....great images.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/t ... 5986290_uk
andymac26
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: New Stadium

Postby Tommo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:49 pm

Couple of pictures I hadn't seen before - thanks.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:24 pm

Hey man! That was exactly what BBC Points West were showing in the final part of the sport ... Forest Green latest round-up last Friday.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby RJBora » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Just came across a link to this 'article' on the front page of cnn.com

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/18/football/ ... index.html

Wouldn't think too many National League teams have made the front page at CNN.
"Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic." ~ Tryon Edwards, 1891
RJBora
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:06 pm

I am losing the plot I suspect - not sure if this is the last thread on the stadium or whether this article is new (since it didn't tell me much I didn't already know).

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/n ... ef=mr&lp=5

But I did see reference to the fact that the Supporters Club have seen the detailed plans and are happy. Do the plans include any standing areas? I get the impression from the pictures and text in the article that there are not since it refers to symmetry and seating.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi Tommo.

There are no detailed plans that have been released for the stadium itself yet as far as I am aware. There are the cg images and the sketch layout plans for the development as a whole.

Standing has been raised as an issue on a number of occasions and I know that David Drew who is part of the planning project management team, is fully aware of the desire for standing areas and fully supports the principle.

At the current time the application is for the detailed design of the access from the A419 and associated highway improvements only, Detailed design of the stadium will follow as a further submission after the first application is approved.

The supporters club have written in support of the overall proposals for the development.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:24 am

Thanks Tim. It still looks an exciting development even without standing room.

I will miss the walk to the existing ground but, overall, I'm keen to see the plans come to fruition.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:37 pm

bit of an issue arisen it seems.

not all plain sailing apparently -but these things never are
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:13 pm

michael wrote:bit of an issue arisen it seems.

not all plain sailing apparently -but these things never are

What has happened?
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:10 pm

There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:06 am

camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:10 am

I find these arguments so frustrating, it must take a lot of willpower to drive the project forward. All this conflict over figures and what is needed by 2031 is so tedious. Perhaps the newspaper article just makes it sound overcomplicated?

"Eco Park is earmarked for land next to junction 13 of the M5 and would include a green technology business hub, sports complex and new stadium for Forest Green Rovers, which together take up 19 hectares of green fields.

Stroud District Council (SDC) says its overall planning blueprint up to 2031 identifies 40 hectares of land currently available for employment development.

Stroud District Council (SDC) says its overall planning blueprint up to 2031 identifies 50 hectares of land currently available for employment development.

Crucially though, it believes there is currently a surplus of 12 hectares against these requirements – meaning is sees no overwhelming need for more large job sites.

This is disputed by Ecotricity, whose own commissioned study puts this figure at a shortage of 14 hectares, which favours its argument for building Eco Park.

To matters even more complicated, a third study recently commissioned by SDC and carried out by independent company NLP, found a deficit of around 1.5 hectares – which was then disputed by the council.

It remains our view that there is a 14 hectare shortfall and given Eco Park is able to provide almost 19 hectares, that could turn into a five hectares surplus.

Eco Park will provide the district with 18.9 hectares of class B1, B2 and B8 employment land.”
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Too occasional fan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:29 am

One of the reasons for planning laws and process is to stop people running roughshod, with out of control money-making schemes, taking precedence over things that are broadly right for communities.

It's a flawed process, granted, but it's the one we've got. We saw a few years back what happens when the process was changed without thinking it through - a developers charter that resulted in a large number of badly thought out and damaging housing schemes that benefitted the developers hugely. You'll have seen some of them on the front pages of the local press.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby King George » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:11 am

I really, really hope this continues to keep getting rejected, FGR belongs in FGR! The current stadium can easily sustain league football. Hopefully Dale doesn't get what he wants over this as I think their would be more people who stay away than people who would continue to go.
King George
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Chrisgump11 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:38 am

If FGR was easily accessible at Forest Green, then I might agree with KG. But it is not and can never be as crowds grow between 2,000 - 3,000 and the location cannot sustain a club which is growing at the current rate. Moreover, FGR draws scant support from the 'hamlet' as surveys have shown, not least because of the match day congestion and disruption

More to the point though, the Junction 13 proposals AS A WHOLE comprise the most exciting project I have seen in the 32 years I have lived here. I say that as a local, a FGR supporter and as a retired Development Surveyor. They are Stroud's equivalent of a sporting centre of excellence added to 'our' version of AztecWest. They also underpin the Stroud's claim to head the march of Green Industry, whilst other so called leaders try to pretend green energy sources can be bettered by yet more carbon fuels.

For my children and their children they provide unimaginable sport and leisure facilities for a community of our size and employment prospects to boot. It particularly saddens me when people of my generation or older try to preserve their lifestyle through opposition to 'good' change. We should be as motivated by opportunity for our future generations as by self interest.

Make no mistake, this land will be developed sooner or later. But what would be preferred - the mix of leisure and employment by a successful local company or spec warehousing and industry as at Moreton Valence and Junction 12?

If our Planning Authority was to pass up this opportunity, it will be condemned down the generations, deservedly so
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Go along with that C/G11. Haven't heard of a local project that doesn't go through the 'face-off' stage and ultimately comes to fruition, albeit with agreed modifications. Bit like building a diplomatic treaty really.

Incinerator at J12/M5 was a protracted argument between planners and proposers, but hey! It finally goes ahead.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 pm

I remember people saying that moving to The New Lawn from the old one was a step too far KG. It took a leap of faith to see that move through. It's crazy to think that we are now 15 years on from starting the design-move process that has led to where we are now.

Who knows where we'll be in another 15 years time. One thing's for sure. We won't be standing still.

The whole next move is a big move up in every in every way. But ultimately no less ambitious than the club has always been.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby King George » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 pm

I just think were going to lose more fans than gain, but we shall see..
King George
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Interesting to hear that AFC Wimbledon have been given the green light today to build their new stadium 250 yards from Plough Lane.

The plans were unveiled in August 2012. So just over 5 years to get through the planning process.

They currently have a capacity of just under 5000 and intend to build initially to 11000. But they have completed all necessary transport and other assessments for upgrade in the future to 20000 capacity.

Initial cost: £11 million which is a finance arrangement that the supporters trust will be responsible for.

A big step.

The Supporters Club are hoping to meet with the new stadium planning team in the new year to review progress for our new stadium.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners Jnr » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:46 pm

Timb wrote:Interesting to hear that AFC Wimbledon have been given the green light today to build their new stadium 250 yards from Plough Lane.

The plans were unveiled in August 2012. So just over 5 years to get through the planning process.

They currently have a capacity of just under 5000 and intend to build initially to 11000. But they have completed all necessary transport and other assessments for upgrade in the future to 20000 capacity.

Initial cost: £11 million which is a finance arrangement that the supporters trust will be responsible for.

A big step.

The Supporters Club are hoping to meet with the new stadium planning team in the new year to review progress for our new stadium.

So if similar timescale happens for Green we can expect construction to start at the end of the 2021/22 season. :roll:
Geronimo!!!!!!!
Greeners Jnr
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Saltus Viridi fautoribusque est in Cestrensi comitatu

Next

Return to General Chat