Welcome to the 92!

For chat about all other topics

Welcome to the 92!

Postby the92dotnet » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:35 am

Hello to all at Forest Green Rovers! Congratulations on becoming a league team and one of the hallowed 92 football league grounds that avid ground hoppers will aim to visit to achieve the 92!

In honour of FGR joining the league, we at the92.net ran an interview with FGR club man Chris Gardner, so that ground hoppers could understand a bit more about FGR and The New Lawn. Please read and share!

https://www.the92.net/news-blog/new-law ... 92-cherry/

Once again, all the best in the 92!
the92dotnet
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Welcome to the 92!

Postby Foggy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:53 am

Great article but I'm not sure who Hamid Zara is...pretty sure our new stadium will be designed by Zaha Hadid Architects.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby the92dotnet » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:56 am

Thanks for the correction! The article is now updated now! Glad you enjoyed it.
the92dotnet
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Chrisgump11 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:59 am

I did make the point that the views given were one-eyed and personal. Hope not too many are offended!

I read a few on the web site. All good I thought?
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 am

Very good read, thanks. The architect name is still wrong though.

Well done for mentioning the Ambassador scheme - I doubt many clubs at this level have such a well run and penetrative scheme like that.

I'm not sure the 90s and early 2000's felt like an endurance test at he time; it was fun but just different fun to that we are having now.

I agree with the quick fire answers. Very good.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Funny isn't it how when you meet fans from other clubs, who seem to have a bit of a chip on the shoulder about ourselves, how their attitudes change when they hear about the initiatives like the ambassadors and free shirts to primary school children...then they realise that their clubs are run by dinosaurs...and we all know what happened to them!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Return to General Chat