Can my Football Friends help me please.

For chat about all other topics

Can my Football Friends help me please.

Postby FootieMan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:07 pm

I am looking for a bit of help from my football friends at The New Lawn.

I am unable to post the full details herein because either it is not possible or I am not savvy with how one can translate it to the forum.

For those on Twitter you can find me via my personal account. @Gloucester_City

Or via FB which is Colin J Peake
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Re: Can my Football Friends help me please.

Postby FootieMan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:17 am

Apparently I can't post the images of the special brochure nor is there a link that works, so best advised to use just plain text.

Does anyone fancy shooting or pairing up or even putting in a team of four.
I have had a good response from the general public but would like to see a few from FGR, especially those who remember my daughter and her help to the club in her younger years to help it grow when we didn't have many around to,give of their time and effort.

Sam Reid has been a star with the barbecue and helping me arrange this specific event.

"YOU'RE ONLY SUPPOSED TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF".

Supporting an event in aid of Mike Crisp and Family

WEDNESDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER 2017

Mike, Becky and young Freddie will be on the move soon to a NEW home which they now have planning approved to adapt it for Mike’s needs around Motor Neurone Disease.

Moving house is one of the most stressful times we all experience and under the current forced circumstances for them it is another hurdle to get over. If you wish to know more of their #challenge please take time out to log into Pain in the ALS www.painintheals.co.uk - blog

Lots of people including family, friends and even strangers are coming together to help in many ways and that is terrific to learn. But let’s be honest not all of us can play golf, walk, run or do those sort of things. For some it is also boring so why not try something a bit different.

This fund raiser organised by Becky’s Dad Colin is a Clay Pigeon Shoot and this has been expertly discounted by Colin to give anyone a go at shooting and in the process raise funds towards the removal costs of the family across Cheltenham in the next couple of months.

The GOOD NEWS it is only £35 per person and for that lowly sum you will receive gun safety advice and guidance, free use of guns, 25 cartridges and clays and also wait for it....... a FREE barbecue and FREE drinks to include, beer, lager and cider. Just this alone will raise at least £500.

There is no intention of taking more money off you on the day, although of course you can make a donation if you wish to this great cause. And you can make one of those whether you come or not. Colin can supply the bank account detail.

If you however wish to shoot more than is included in this special package, you can buy extra cartridges and clays to carry on.

We are seeking to recruit a minimum of 32 individuals, as every group of four will make up a team. Though we stress this is not a competition. You can bring your own team of four or we will put you in as an individual to make up a team. But we are flexible to accommodate more if numbers swell.

Venue: Hollow Fosse Shooting Grounds. GL7 5EU - Cirencester to Stow Road (A429)

Time: 4pm start through to 6pm ONLY. (As shooting must cease then due to licensing conditions).

The barbecue and drinks will start after you complete your own shoot but you cannot combine shooting and drinking at the same time or drinking before shooting. We’re sure you know why!!

Even if you have never tried it, it is properly supervised to the highest standards with the shooting grounds licensed for such an event and is used regularly by Cirencester Agriculture College.

It is just a fun couple of hours to help a fun couple of people and of course that super 18 month old little man – Fredster.

If you are interested in attending, whether to shoot, support a shooter or just give some support to Mike, Becky and Freddie, then get in touch ASAP with Colin.

Colin Peake: 07763 831070 or Email: ourcol25@gmail.com

To those who follow FGR and know me and my commitment to the club cause, I never asked for anything for myself but this is something special.

This is a personal request. Only my very close friends will know of the anguish suffered in our family due to the devastating news received last year with regards to my son in law Mike Crisp

MND is a silent killer.

Apologies to any who may have had or are enduring similar circumstances in their life via a family member or close friend. Would not wish to cause any distress on you.

2016 started off great with the birth of my grandson Freddie (little man) but sadly finished on such a low when the MND diagnosis was confirmed for his Dad.

But we MUST and WILL remain positive and we do so everyday with family love on all sides. There are so many life changing decisions yet to be taken and one is being forced to move house to meet future needs.
We take so many things for granted.

Everyone is rallying around in differing ways and if you wish to extend support to this little venture of mine to raise financial removal costs...

A bit of fun, a beer and something to eat.
Thank you. — looking for help and support.

This is not a mass funding appeal so I have only set up a separate bank account for all monies for this event alone and of course I will let everyone know post event what we raise. PM me, or contact me via the details shown on the attached poster.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:50 pm

Sorry I can't make it but certainly wish you all the very best with the day.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby SNJ Ash » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:16 pm

Well done Colin. I hope the day is a great success. My thoughts are with you all.
SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:26 pm

Always wanted to shoot clays but, sadly, I really, really cannot afford it. However, I sincerely hope the day is a success.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stroud green » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:24 am

Just signed myself and the wife up for this. Always wanted to have a go at shooting clays. Be good to have a few FGR people along to support Colin and his family.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FootieMan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Shane many thanks for supporting myself and Geraldine.

And pleased to say that a number of ladies are shooting for the first time.

So far had contributions from John Harrop, Dave Honeybill, Steve Hearn and John Light.

You can shoot or make a donation just by sending payment to:

Mike Crisp Family
Lloyds 30 93 48
Acct: 88033560
Ref: Your Name.

If you want more details then just call me on 07763 831070.

Very grateful for any help. Thank you.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby FootieMan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:48 pm

Just like to again thank those who have kindly made a donation or those who are actually coming shooting on Wed 20 Sept.

Blown away (excuse the pun) by those who have made a contribution and so far helped me hit my target (excuse another pun) to raise the funds.

Still time to join us or drop a donation into the fund.

MND unfortunately does not get the exposure of other diseases so we have to keep knocking on the proverbial medical door. Though small numbers in general with those other diseases in Gloucestershire at this time around 60 diagnosed cases. Not easy for families living with this silent terminal illness.

Once again thank you to my friends.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby FootieMan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:07 pm

The shoot took place tonight and after expenses all paid I am pleased to report a total of £2248.93 has been raised.

Great effort by all who contributed. Many thanks to each and everyone.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Return to General Chat