Forum Games

For chat about all other topics

Forum Games

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:55 am

Apart from the prediction game, do we have any others?
Where we can compete with each other for a bit of fun?
If we do, I'd like to join.
If we don't, let me know if interested in playing any because I've got a couple of game ideas we can all play.
No money involved. Just being part of something, passing the time plus the feelgood factor of beating each other!
:D
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Forum Games

Postby stanman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:18 am

Newforestrover- read all about it in this section of the forum.
http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewforum.php?f=12

A link to the topic is on the forum main page listing - "Pitchfork's Prediction Competition".
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:35 pm

I've looked but don't really understand how that game works.

Don't you have to pay to enter?

If so, that's not the kind of game I had in mind.

I was thinking of a more fun thing where there's no money involved and forum members just enter every week to compete and prove they know more about football than everyone else by beating them!

eg:
Win, draw or gone!
I post all the following week's league 2 fixtures and after seeing them, everyone posts one team that they think will win. If the team wins or draws they are still in, but if it loses - they are gone. This continues every week until there's a winner left. Really good game but need at least a dozen people to start because you can't join in halfway through. The more the merrier.

Man of the match:
Every week I post a random league 2 match and everyone posts their man of the match beforehand. You then score 3 points for every goal scored but -1 for a yellow and -3 for a red.
Each week your scores are entered on a table with a winner at the end of the season.

Just a bit of fun that we can all join in.

Anyone interested?
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:29 pm

It's a fundraiser NFR with prizes at the end if the season. Well worth entering if you fancy it.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi NFR
NewForestRover wrote:I've looked but don't really understand how that game works.

Don't you have to pay to enter?

It's £15 for the season to predict every month - so 8 monthly competitions & 4 season long ones left, each one with 3 sponsored monetary prizes. The subs have already sponsored a player, any excess goes to the SC. Over £4000 raised in 10 years so very worthwhile.

If you just want to have a go at the longer term competitions ( league position, top scorer, GOALS, cup runs and top seven) it's just a fiver.

PM me if you have any other questions
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby npb128 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:54 am

Anyone do Premier League Fantasy Team?

Is there an FGR fans League?
npb128
Trainee
Trainee

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:35 pm

npb128 wrote:Anyone do Premier League Fantasy Team?

Is there an FGR fans League?

Even better than FF is Predictor.
https://predictor.talksport.com/public/#/login
which has a FGR league table
or
http://predictthescore.net/index.php
which is similar to Predictor but also asks players to nominate 5 goalscorers.
Alas no FGR league table but I'm happy to create one if at least 4 more players enter comp.

I'm in both.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:47 pm

This is a pretty good one too:-

https://www.7otb.com/

It also has League 2 and Conference predictions.

Just pick 6 wins and 1 draw.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:15 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:This is a pretty good one too:-

https://www.7otb.com/

It also has League 2 and Conference predictions.

Just pick 6 wins and 1 draw.

That is a new one on me VBM.
Do you play the game and opened a mini-league on site?
If so I might have a bash, although I'm in another similar comp but sadly doing less than well.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:49 pm

I used to do the Premier League fantasy team and Telegraph fantasy football regularly until last year when I lost interest in the PL and stopped playing.

I still do http://www.predictaddict.co.uk/ every week but am no longer in a team so if anyone else has one, I'll be happy to join.

The Old TomCat
I don't play that one but if you're putting a team together, I'll definitely join.

Or anyone else that needs team members for prediction games etc.

7otb is the best because you can win real money! I'm already in a team though so unable to join another.

As I said, I love competitive games and would just like to play some on here amongst ourselves like those I suggested earlier in thread. :D
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:39 am

NewForestRover wrote:I used to do the Premier League fantasy team and Telegraph fantasy football regularly until last year when I lost interest in the PL and stopped playing.

I still do http://www.predictaddict.co.uk/ every week but am no longer in a team so if anyone else has one, I'll be happy to join.

The Old TomCat
I don't play that one but if you're putting a team together, I'll definitely join.

Or anyone else that needs team members for prediction games etc.

7otb is the best because you can win real money! I'm already in a team though so unable to join another.

As I said, I love competitive games and would just like to play some on here amongst ourselves like those I suggested earlier in thread. :D

It is a shame that you've only just gone into detail on what you want.
The Premiership season has already started and if you joined any mini-league you'd already be many points behind leader.
What I would suggest to you is that you join the TalkSport Predictor game and use this season to hone in on a winning formula so next season I can get your name added to a Paid competition that I compete in.

Alternatively join both Predictor & Predict the Score and try and get three of your friends to also join and we can start a belated mini-league. [Needs a minimum of five players]

I've been playing these types of games for a couple of decades. Originally started on the Telegraph FF at £6 per entry.
Won it a couple of times before getting bored with FF games especially with time required to do research.

I moved on to prediction games and love them to bits. Only because I have had a fair bit of success over the years.

For instance last season I was best FGR fan player in Predictor [I'm 5th at moment].
I am currently top Arsenal fan's player in Predict the Score [Official team leagues confined to Premiership]
In both the FGR prediction comps I'm not doing too well but am currently top of the Cheltenham Town Supporter's prediction league on their own forum. [That is giving me great joy :D ] (I have also won the Cheltenham Fan's Predictor mini-league for past two seasons)
There are a few other comps I also enter by using same forecasts.
Okay, I know I'm a bragadosio but what the heck :)

I love these games and not being a betting man I do it for fun.

ps Love to have you enter Pitchfork's monthly competition.
It will cost you £15 but make sure you have your forecasts in before lunchtime Saturday.
Pay later if necessary.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:58 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
It is a shame that you've only just gone into detail on what you want.
The Premiership season has already started and if you joined any mini-league you'd already be many points behind leader.
What I would suggest to you is that you join the TalkSport Predictor game and use this season to hone in on a winning formula so next season I can get your name added to a Paid competition that I compete in.

Alternatively join both Predictor & Predict the Score and try and get three of your friends to also join and we can start a belated mini-league. [Needs a minimum of five players]

I've been playing these types of games for a couple of decades. Originally started on the Telegraph FF at £6 per entry.
Won it a couple of times before getting bored with FF games especially with time required to do research.

I moved on to prediction games and love them to bits. Only because I have had a fair bit of success over the years.

For instance last season I was best FGR fan player in Predictor [I'm 5th at moment].
I am currently top Arsenal fan's player in Predict the Score [Official team leagues confined to Premiership]
In both the FGR prediction comps I'm not doing too well but am currently top of the Cheltenham Town Supporter's prediction league on their own forum. [That is giving me great joy :D ] (I have also won the Cheltenham Fan's Predictor mini-league for past two seasons)
There are a few other comps I also enter by using same forecasts.
Okay, I know I'm a bragadosio but what the heck :)

I love these games and not being a betting man I do it for fun.

ps Love to have you enter Pitchfork's monthly competition.
It will cost you £15 but make sure you have your forecasts in before lunchtime Saturday.
Pay later if necessary.

I've had a look at those prediction sites and joined the TalkSport game and the FGR mini league. I know I'll be bottom of the league because of missed points but it's only a bit of fun and there's loads of time left to catch up.

I'm not going to do the other one because it's going to be too time consuming having to pick the goalscorers too. I don't pay enough attention to the players in the PL to be able to commit to it every week.

Maybe next year we can find the best games to enter and get others on here to form mini leagues if anyone else is interested.
It sounds as if you are doing pretty well so probably not a good idea to be up against you in any of these games!
Winning formula? I don't have one of those! :D
I just use the league tables and previous scores to do my predictions every week. I usually do OK but had a poor start so far because of shock results that I wasn't expecting (quite a few of them!)

As for Pitchfork's competitions, yes, I will enter those. My heart will be ruling my head though :)

How do I pay the £15? I'm coming up there Sat week so maybe I can give it to one of you then?
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:13 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
As for Pitchfork's competitions, yes, I will enter those. My heart will be ruling my head though :)

How do I pay the £15? I'm coming up there Sat week so maybe I can give it to one of you then?

Get your predictions in for September, GOALS scored and League position before kick off time Saturday

Leave the £15 in an envelope addressed to 'PITCHFORK' at reception sometime in September.

Welcome aboard and best of luck for the season ahead NewForestRover
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:29 pm

Pitchfork wrote:
Get your predictions in for September, GOALS scored and League position before kick off time Saturday

Leave the £15 in an envelope addressed to 'PITCHFORK' at reception sometime in September.

Thanks Pitchfork.
I'll bring it next Saturday.
When you say reception, do you mean ticket office or is it the same thing?!
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:34 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
Pitchfork wrote:

Thanks Pitchfork.
I'll bring it next Saturday.
When you say reception, do you mean ticket office or is it the same thing?!

You could always hand it to me and I'll pass it on to Pitchfork.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:13 pm

NewForestRover wrote:When you say reception, do you mean ticket office or is it the same thing?!

The double doors in the middle of the main (East) stand - go inside and hand the envelope to whoever on the desk....or if easier give it to Tom Cat
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat