Keiffer Moore

For chat about all other topics

Keiffer Moore

Postby michael » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:26 am

Yet another apparent m-of m performance yesterday.

Why is it that a player who could hardly get into FGR 's team ,does so well at a higher level ?

-a few of us were advocating he got more game time-.
he seemed to have 'all the assets 'required .
i don't think he was a 'frozen one'-just not seem as good enough by those who matter.

why then has it worked out for him elsewhere ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Keiffer Moore

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:47 am

I had player down as my leading goal-scorer at start of last season, so disappointed that he left.
But he went with my blessings to Championship club Ipswich.
KM did not start one game for Ipswich although called on as sub 11 times but without scoring.
His move to Rotherham has been a revelation as Michael has already stated: 6 goals in 8 games.
So as devil's advocate I will say that it took KM a whole year and at least three different managers at three different clubs to get best out of him.
[Torquay aside]
I don't know what system Rotherham play but it seems as if they are playing to KM's strength and reaping the rewards.
Very good luck to him and I wish him continued success.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:31 pm

michael wrote:Yet another apparent m-of m performance yesterday.

Why is it that a player who could hardly get into FGR 's team ,does so well at a higher level ?

-a few of us were advocating he got more game time-.
he seemed to have 'all the assets 'required .
i don't think he was a 'frozen one'-just not seem as good enough by those who matter.

why then has it worked out for him elsewhere ?

The better distribution may be playing to his strength in the air.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi
king giraffe III wrote: The better distribution may be playing to his strength in the air.

Irrelevant yesterday, 1 goal and 2 assists, all from long balls direct to his feet.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:47 pm

It may be the Matty Taylor effect where they just seem to click at other clubs, perhaps it's the style they play or maybe the player feels more at home at these clubs, who knows but well done Keiffer
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:54 pm

He always seemed to have the attributes but never seemed to get a full run in the team. Just look at Doidge and the effect of playing week in week out. He looked a much better player for it than earlier in the season when we were rotating Tubbs, Murphy, Moore and Doidge. So I guess the same may be true here along with the team playing to his strengths.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Greeners » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi
Just been subbed because of injury.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat