We Did It Our Way - FOREST GREEN ROVERS TRIUMPH AT WEMBLEY

For chat about all other topics

We Did It Our Way - FOREST GREEN ROVERS TRIUMPH AT WEMBLEY

Postby Chrisgump11 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Hello all

Delighted to tell you that my new book will be launched on 21st September at The Carole Embrey suite at The New Lawn. Everyone is invited and the bar will be open! The plan is for the launch to take place ahead of the Supporters Club AGM, and will be compered by Bob or Billy Hunt. After that I will move to a Hospitality Room or the Black & White Bar until about 8 pm to complete media interviews and deal with book sales, without interfering with the Supporters Club AGM.

Thanks to my generous sponsors, retailers and you the buying public, last year's book - The Rise of Forest Green Rovers - sold nearly 500 copies. My profits exceeded £4,500 all of which has long since been paid to GDA (Gloucestershire Deaf Association). In every way, that exceeded my expectations. I am so grateful to you. All my profits from the new book - "We Did It Our Way - FOREST GREEN ROVERS TRIUMPH AT WEMBLEY - how a Cotswold hamlet club broke into the English Football League" - will also go to GDA.

In discussion with FGR CEO Helen Taylor and her team it seemed sensible to have the launch separately from the Swindon game on Friday 22nd. That way, the formalities, media interviews and so on can be discharged without adding further pressure on everyone on a day when the stadium will be bursting, Sky Sports will be everywhere and all will be at full stretch. It also enables me to concentrate on sales on match day to a capacity crowd, working from an Ecotricity Gazebo outside the main reception. I will be praying that Hurricane Irma's friends and relations stay on their side of the Pond!

The book will be on general sale from w/c 25th September at all the usual outlets including FGR, at RRP £13.99. However, at the launch and at the Swindon match on 22nd September, I will selling the book for an introductory offer of £10, but only for those 2 days.

So, apart from the obvious, what does the book contain?

- The new book follows the chronological format of the last one. However, there is more and better!
- Forewords by Dale Vince & Mark Cooper
- 306 pages compared to 225
- the blow by blow account of how our nerve wracking 2016/17 season unfurled then exploded gloriously in May, told from the supporters' viewpoint
- many more reports and contributions from supporters, FGR's student ambassadors and the thriving club poets
- 70+ illustrations, all in gloss colour
- Chef Em's recipe for FGR's famous 'Q-Pie'
- more stats than you could poke a Lino's flag at
- Full endorsement and participation by FGR

The more copies sold, the more money I can make for GDA. So, if you can tweet to all and sundry, please do. There is a much wider interest in FGR these days and I've tried hard to keep costs down so that the new book is affordable. If you need any posters or brochure material to pass on, let me know as I have all that sort of stuff in e-mailable format.

Thanks for reading 'my commercial'. Why buy the book? .... because you're worth it!
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: We Did It Our Way - FOREST GREEN ROVERS TRIUMPH AT WEMBL

Postby voodoobluesman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Admirable CG.

One to add to my FGR shelf. It's not as big as my Doctor Who bookcase, but it's growing!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:15 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:Admirable CG.

One to add to my FGR shelf. It's not as big as my Doctor Who bookcase, but it's growing!

:lol:
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Fantastic! Looking forward to picking up a copy!
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Chrisgump11 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:12 am

Allow me to recommend a short film to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1FewWTl4B4

Maisie Sly, its young star is the daughter of Gilson who helped produce the film. Gilson has recently joined GDA as a family officer who helps support Deaf Children and Young Adults in the community. For example, finding their feet at a university or college where otherwise deaf people may become isolated and withdrawn. He has amazing charisma (as does Maisie) and communicates better than I despite his deafness

Just an example of how GDA is trying to level the playing field for deaf people. And why I inflict books on you to raise money!

Thanks
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat