BREAKING NEWS

For chat about all other topics

BREAKING NEWS

Postby FootieMan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:06 am

Nothing to do directly with the First Team but it has been expected for some time and a sad one really.

October 12th the daily printing of the Cirizen and Echo newspapers is to cease. They will become a weekly rag.

Your comments?
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Re: BREAKING NEWS

Postby voodoobluesman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 am

As news moves more and more online, this can only be expected.

Nothing concerning the paper itself, however its not bad news to me as the newspaper industry is very damaging to the environment with its use of paper, inks and other chemicals.

It's just the march of time.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:52 am

My daughter-in-law worked for Citizen a few years ago before being made redundant.
She foresaw their dark future when they centralised all editorial business to Bristol.
And to fans at FGR it comes as no surprise when they could not / or refused to have a dedicated reporter at TNL.

BTW: Releasing my d-in-l did her a great favour as she now has a much better paid job with much more secure company.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bronco » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:58 am

The demise of local journalism is never a good thing. I know they say they want to focus on their website but the quality of news often deteriorates when it moves online imo.
Bronco
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Timb » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Sign of the times Colin. The figures don't add up. It also shows why supporting Ash and the SNJ with a click to read is now so important. No clicks no worth. Weird times.

Talking of figures not adding up. Why the hell ate we pressing ahead with the Chinese building us a nuclear reactor when its going to be a factor of 10 more expensive than anything else by the time we're using it. RIP Off Britain.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat