Gloucester City

For chat about all other topics

Gloucester City

Postby Phil_mitchell » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:30 pm

The club is a mess. No home for over ten years and an owner that seems to have no interest in the club. Today manager Tim Harris resigned and I think he was doing everything behind scenes also. They seem to be on the brink it's a bloody shame really they are our rivals but don't wish this on any football club.
(Cheltenham maybe)
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Phil_mitchell
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Gloucester City

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:59 pm

Sad to see really. Rumours they might be taking voluntary relegation at the end of the season as well which would be a massive kick in the teeth to all those that have worked so hard to get to and keep them at that level despite being homeless for 10 years.

The fact it's taken so long for such little progress on the ground made worse by the fact communication with fans has been almost non existent most of the time is very poor on the owners part imo

Tim H seems like a good bloke so hopefully he can go to a better run club now, if he wants to stay in football. Seems like he isn't the only one who's had enough and are now leaving the club. Might be time for a breakaway phoenix club?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norman31 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:The club is a mess. No home for over ten years and an owner that seems to have no interest in the club. Today manager Tim Harris resigned and I think he was doing everything behind scenes also )

He works for a digital printer company as well on top of that
Norman31
Youth
Youth

Postby Ninja Hamster » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Real shame. Always enjoyed the rivalry.

Wish them luck in solving their issues.
The problem with options is that other people have them
Ninja Hamster
Youth
Youth

Postby camel » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 pm

A real shame. I hope it doesn't all unravel.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby timelapse 72 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Took a look down there a few years ago, a really sad scene in football, a derelict & overgrown stadium, abandoned (at the time), since the natural disaster of severe flooding, I was under the impression that work was happening recently to enable the club to return home to the same site with a ground constructed on a raised plateau. https://youtu.be/a1uYs_6A6LY
timelapse 72
Reserves
Reserves

Postby StroudFan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:57 am

Phil_mitchell wrote:The club is a mess. No home for over ten years and an owner that seems to have no interest in the club. Today manager Tim Harris resigned and I think he was doing everything behind scenes also. They seem to be on the brink it's a bloody shame really they are our rivals but don't wish this on any football club.
(Cheltenham maybe)

I agree that it is a real shame: no love for Glos City but good to have a local rival for the occasional derby game.

From the outside it’s is really looking bad for them with their ground. If they don’t get it built/get screwed on it, I could see them dropping 2-3 divisions or maybe worse. :shock:
StroudFan
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Chrisgump11 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:56 pm

It is a shame. But in a rugby dominated city I'm not sure The Tigers will ever get onto an even footing and a sound stadium. Its hard enough for Cheltenham to grow a club in similar circumstances and they owe a debt to Steve Cotterill for getting them there.

Yet around 25 years ago, I was watching City play Cheltenham in a 3,000+ crowd as they vied for the automatic promotion spot to get into the Nationwide Conference. Despite leading the division for most of the season, Cheltenham pipped them and City soon collapsed financially even before the flood.

I think they failed to grasp an opportunity to ditch their troubled stadium for the growth area of Quedgeley/Hardwicke. FGR has more influence there now and that will grow when its new stadium takes shape

I wish Tigers well but fear the worst
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:17 pm

I am aligned to the sympathy below. They have fought so hard to stay in the Conference recently and deserve better. Having Gloucester, Cheltenham and ourselves all successful is the only way of gradually eroding the egg chaser monopoly. I suppose the only positive is that we may pick up some disillusioned Gloucester supporters who still want to see some decent football if we move to the M5.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stroud green » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:15 pm

Chairman, Mike Dunstan has now resigned.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Cotswold farmer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:11 pm

Its a crying shame whats happening to them I used to watch them the odd time at Cirencester when they played there, Manager, assistant manager, kit man, club accountant and chairman gone in a week both good people doing a great job but they were saying the same thing. To much being put on volunteers, no strategy ,No money,Nothing coming from the owner and next to useless council who have put everything in their way on getting home.
Their is talk of a phoenix club they are on the brink of going out of existence I hope something is done but ive got a bad feeling about this. They are also in NLS they wanted to stay in NLN were the crowds are far better good luck Tigers.
Cotswold farmer
Youth
Youth

Postby Cotswold farmer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:35 pm

As of today the supporters club trust have withdrawn all financial support after asking for a meeting the owner Eamon McGurk and Rod Jenner neither attended sending a representative. On the move to Evesham this seems to be a problem nobody likes it there and if you want to read a very good article on this go to severn sounds website Ryan Butler has written a very good article on the disaster.
Cotswold farmer
Youth
Youth

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Still playing at Evesham, still bottom half of the table (Nat League South) but won 3-1 in F.A.Cup today against Plymouth Parkway.

Who opened the scoring on his debut in 17seconds? Fab Robert!
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:01 pm

He deserves at least a National league post?

Handsome chap. Like David Seaman perhaps, 'he spends too much time looking in the mirror' as Brian Clough once remarked. :)
Last edited by Fartvs Antiqvvs on Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:
Handsome chap. Like David Seaman perhaps, 'he spends too much time looking in the mirror' as Brian Clough once remarked. :)

Interesting you mention Cloughie...not sure Michael would approve of this, but yesterday the legendary BC received a minutes applause before the match against Rotherham - 14 years after his passing.

All fans stood - the 'Clapping for Cloughie' was clearly emotional for everyone in attendance.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Maybe they should have done this earlier?

'Don't send me flowers when I'm dead. If you like me, send them while I'm alive.' I wonder how many fans did?
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat