Les Day or Mr. Taxi Man

For chat about all other topics

Les Day or Mr. Taxi Man

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:19 pm

I was sad to read in the Stroud News and Journal that Les Day had passed away after a short illness. If you didn't know Les personally you certainly would have heard him in the main stand as he was a very passionate Forest Green Rovers supporter for many years. I had known Les at FGR for years, old and new ground, and always called him Mr. Taxi Man.

My condolences to his family.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Les Day or Mr. Taxi Man

Postby Pitchfork » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:31 pm

That is sad news, thanks for passing it on LM.

I had a few conversations with Les, he was certainly a committed and passionate FGR fan. He was also very ready to help out financially when the hat went round in the dark days before Dale Vince moved in.

RIP Les, my condolences to his family and friends.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:40 pm

Sad news. I remember him running the electrical shop in Nailsworth. And many pick up from stroud to FGR for meetings.

Condolences to Les' family.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby smertens07929 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Sad news indeed. Used to have a drink in the George at Newmarket many years ago with Les & his lovely wife Joan, also sat next to Les at FGR until a few seasons ago. Not seen him for a long time to talk to.

RIP Les ~ condolences to his family from myself & Steve
smertens07929
First Team
First Team

Return to General Chat