Quorn

For chat about all other topics

Quorn

Postby michael » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:52 pm

Interesting stuff about the 'link up ' on the official site.

what bugs me as ever is that the club keep promoting this vegan image-fine-but the selection available in north and south stands is rubbish .

here again -freebie quorn bites to those in the east stand, but not to those in the south and north stands.

i would much rather be alongside the pitch in east stand-but like my 'freedom of movement ' ,where i am not wedged in next to someone moaning all the time, or with bad breath/wind.

the 'discrimination' really eats away at me.

Its enough to make me want to turn to meat
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Quorn

Postby voodoobluesman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Interestingly, Quorn is a micoprotein and related to a type of mushroom/fungus. Fungi is more related DNA-wise to animals than plants.

I'd love to know a vegan's take on this.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Agreed Michael.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:44 pm

never mind the good win today, much more importantly-i received and enjoyed 4 quorn nuggests from the north stand food outlet ,so credit to the club for its no discrimination policy , where such gastronomic delights were not an exclusive privilege of those in the east stand after all.

-and again-they were very nice
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:11 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:Interestingly, Quorn is a micoprotein and related to a type of mushroom/fungus. Fungi is more related DNA-wise to animals than plants.

A fungus isn't sentient.
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:31 am

king giraffe III wrote:
voodoobluesman wrote:Interestingly, Quorn is a micoprotein and related to a type of mushroom/fungus. Fungi is more related DNA-wise to animals than plants.

A fungus isn't sentient.

How do you know?

After all there has been evidence for example that some plants are not only sentient but show signs of altruism.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bronco » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:53 am

Had the Q pie from the South Stand outlet a few weeks ago, was bloody horrible
Bronco
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:00 am

In the east stand the queues are too long. Means loads of people are getting up before the first half ends to go and get food, or return to seats during the second half. No complaints about the food though I look forward to the burgers.
Tomiswalking
First Team
First Team

Postby Chrisgump11 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:05 am

We certainly need to improve the capacity and choice at food outlets around the ground, a task for the close season. But don't forget the excellent Asian fayre available next to the North stand - well worth a try and the vendor is a brilliant guy

Inside, I went for the onion bhajis, cauliflower tempura and accompaniment in the recyclable box. Plain excellent. Meat eater I may be but I love the fortnightly array at TNL

Some of my best friends are fungi
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:55 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:
king giraffe III wrote:

A fungus isn't sentient.

How do you know?

After all there has been evidence for example that some plants are not only sentient but show signs of altruism.

Been reading Peter Thompson? :lol:
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Bronco wrote:Had the Q pie from the South Stand outlet a few weeks ago, was bloody horrible

Really? Love them!
19 years of upset.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:57 pm

I had probably the best lunch so far today at FGR since Dale took over running FGR. Katsu Aubergine (crispy fried in breadcrumbs but still texture) with rice, curry sauce, pickled vegetables and ginger slices

Not a hint of a meat dish with no meat in it and properly tasty all round. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the next "special" offering.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:11 pm

I like the sound of the Katsu Aubergine, will make a nice change from Qpie and wraps...will try it as soon as I have the opportunity!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Timb » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:54 pm

I played footy tonight and now down the social network for a few sherberts.

Knock me down with a feather but since last visiting on Sunday for the chesterfield game the landlady has introduced a vegan menu alongside the other one. I've been drinking here for well over 30 years and seen zebra steaks, snake, buffalo etc and then nachos with stuff etc.

Just had a falafel wrap and the biggest shock was it's a proper full on job. Crispy falafel, chickpeas, fresh spinach, onion salad, chilli sauce. Tahini and a toasted flat bread.

I'm shocked that a traditional Youngs Pub in Wandsworth is doing it. Long may it continue. It's saved me going for a kebab later........
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:17 pm

That sounds great. Shame we can't get things like that at TNL.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:37 am

SS - Have a word with Chef Em. She's always interested in menu suggestions
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to General Chat